This is completely unacceptable for a 100 dollar game

Seriously, there had to be something wrong with your setup. I’m on an older i7, 64g ram, 1080ti w/ 11g vram, and a 1tb SSD. I ran it on High settings all night last and most of today.

Save for the known “occasional orb flash” during cutscenes, I’ve had zero issues at all.

Your card has 11GB. Theirs has 8GB.

It’s science.

1 Like

I’m running an old system just above the system reqs and game runs really good for me too.

2 Likes

Problem is on your end.

Buy a better PC or fix your system …

The 3070ti has less dedicated memory than my ancient brick? lol okay.

Yeah. Blame rising vram prices through covid I guess.

1 Like

Msi laptop here 2080 maxq geforce rtx- i7-9750h -32gb ddr4- 8g video memory gddr6. Game runs great.

In the forums I’ve found players who are not happy if they do not run their games at more than 120 FPS, 4K resolution.

Let me mention Im running the game with an old computer with a low budget GPU (Radeon R7 250+ APU A8 7600 ) at lowest graphics and 20 FPS . And Im very happy! (im serious)

In your case the best solution is lowering FPS or graphic quality.
Another solution maybe be avoiding SLI/crossfire settings or overclocking.

Lets remember that newer games requires higher hardware settings.

2 Likes

The vram and settings are likely the issue, but Blizzard needs to label that in the settings menu, or give some way to tell what is going on. The game for how it looks does seem horribly optimized for vram, but that is a fairly common problem nowadays. The truth is Nvidia really screwed up their budget line on the 3000 and 4000 series by gimping the vram to low. None of these cards should only have 8 gb of vram but…they exist and Blizzard knows this problem is an issue.

This is a bit of both thread if you ask me. Tweak your settings first before asking for a refund. Blizzard should mark settings as requiring vram, or just straight up block it if there is not enough…I would go in between and throw a warning then allow an over ride.

Or…optimize the game better, but that gets sticky on the details.

“oh my GPU can run other games perfectly” See, that’s where it goes wrong, you are trying to prove to yourself that the issue is not related to your computer, some games push your GPU/system harder then others.

1 Like

I don’t believe your making it up at all, but I do believe the game is stable on most people’s machines and I know it’s been perfectly stable on my machine.

I also have been gaming long enough to know there are always issues for some people with every new pc game that comes out.

There is a large number of Gigabyte 30XX carts that are defective. This is Gigabyte’s fault, not Blizzard’s.

For now, STOP PLAYING D4, you will completely brick your video card if you continue. And remember, it’s not D4 causing this problem; it’s D4 revealing the problem earlier than you’d’ve experienced eventually, anyway.

Replace the card ASAP.

EDIT to add: for what it’s worth, I have a PNY GeForce RTS 2070S, and it runs D4 just fine.

Of course, I also dialed the maximum framerate in-game down to match my monitor’s refresh rate …

3 Likes

It’s always people with intel and 64gb RAM or a 40 series GPU having these issues.

I have ryzen 7 5800x, 16gb RAM and 3080. Game runs flawlessly.

Myself and 2 other friends experienced frequent fps lag/bugs/etc, we all have 14+ hours in the game now
All 3 on relatively high end builds

Mine:

5800x
Evga ftw3 ultra 3080
16gb ddr4 3600mhz
Samsung 980 pro SSD 1tb
Crosshair viii hero wifi
Etc

Way over spec’d for this game… running on medium settings fps capped

Still lagging and buggy

“Works fine on my machine” is a useless post. No idea why you guys are trying so hard to bury this guy’s post, if you don’t have issues, great, lucky you - don’t post.

The game clearly has issues.

Same specs, game runs terrible.

Could be a range of things. Have you lowered the graphics to reduce pressure on your system?

It could be software or hardware at this point.

My suggestion keep lowering your settings until you find a point the game is smooth. Chances are bug fixes and GPu drivers will clear up any major issues but you will have to wait a week or so.

d4 is poorly optimized i believe, diablo immortal had similar issues at launch then after a few patch the game got better optimized

It seems to be 3080 owners having most the issues here, pleased I kept my old GTX 970 and didn’t upgrade to one recently.

Smooth as silk and looks great for me.

2 Likes

What settings are you running and resolution? That’s the thing. Without exact settings and resolution the comparisons here mean nothing.

Well there goes my theory. Weird. Sucks you’re having issues.