This is completely unacceptable for a 100 dollar game

So I paid 100 dollars for the ultimate edition and in my 40-60 minutes of play I experienced consistent stuttering and when I finally reached Undertaking: Enter the condemned mines, my computer hard crashed.

All of my drivers and software are up to date.

My specs: Gigabyte Eagle 3070ti, 12600k, 64g 5200mhz corsair vengeance ddr5 ram, 500g nvme ssd with 200g space left (4TB external harddrive but the game was stored on the ssd)

Really because I have an old GTX 970 on a relatively modern PC and the games run entirely smoothly with no crashes or glitches at all.

I do have a solid broad band connection though.

I was hearing rumours that some of those gigabyte cards have issues and can even fail when put under stress.

6 Likes

You’re probably trying to play with HQ textures without enough VRAM. Uninstall them or lower texture quality.

1 Like

Issue is with your hardware.

So its perfectly acceptable

4 Likes

I’ve had the eagle OC 8g for almost 2 years with no problems, it has nothing to do with the GPU. I literally run other high-end games like cyberpunk 2077 on psycho settings with no issues.

I’ve even benchmarked my system and my gpu actually performs significantly better than all other brands of 3070ti’s, so it is NOT the GPU.

Sometimes I am glad that my i7 1080 box is still alive. I read so many threads like these by people with newer hardware.

Game runs flawlessly over here.

3 Likes

Considering I run every single other modern game perfectly fine there is clearly an issue with this game.

Running perfectly on 2080ti + 8700k

1 Like

It’s ok blizzard actually believes my error report that was sent when this happened proving I’m not crazy and have refunded the purchase so I will be leaving this thread, continue to trash my system all you want, you’re wrong and thats that.

If its unacceptable what exactly are you going to do?

3 Likes

Stomp his feet before figuring it out it was his hardware the whole time.

1 Like

“My computer is struggling with this game despite everyone else having no issues. UNACCEPTABLE!”

5 Likes

What’s wrong with his hardware? His specs dominates mine and I have zero issues.
i7 7700k, 1080ti, 32Gb Ram

Doesn’t that just prove my point?

1 Like

Runs perfectly on my old GTX 970 too so it’s “definitely the game”, I guess.

1 Like

I have a five year old $300 walmart laptop. Game runs at stable 30 FPS at lowest settings. It’s really on your end. Ctrl Alt Delete and go to Resource management. See what’s hogging all the resource while D4 is running.

1 Like

I’m not quick to dismiss OP because I experience the same issues. My PC is fairly beefy imo too. 4800 GPU (not overclocked), i7 12700kf, SSD, and 32 gigs of ram.

Despite this the game will go from running smooth as butter to just being choppy and rubber banding like crazy. It never happens in the open world but if I enter any dungeon or cellar it does it every time.

Everytime a new game comes out someone with a relatively new high end card says the games trash and won’t run on their system while most people are running it fine, but it’s not their system because it runs other games fine.

Absolutely every new game has a post like this.

3 Likes

Yeah, lol.
At first I thought you were being a troll. And I was worried that I had competition! :stuck_out_tongue:

game has, probably, a VRAM memory leak.
a lot of players mentioned this in the BETA and it seems its still there.

on my pc it occurs every 2-3h then i just change the texture quality from high to medium and back to high and all problems are gone. (btw. they also occur on medium but change resets everyrhing)
the game doesnt drop in fps. about 80-90 on my PC. but its starts stuttering.

2 Likes