This is completely unacceptable for a 100 dollar game

My rig is inferior to many others and I have not had any issues whatsoever, the game runs smooth.

2 Likes

The issue honestly may be that ddr5 ram is still fairly new so hardware compatability and stability with certain games mileage wise will vary. Itā€™s just like with am5 and how some am5 boards with ddr5 capability also have hiccups. It may not necessarily be the hardware but itā€™s because the hardware is still new enough to where game devs are still learning whatā€™s stable and whatā€™s compatible. This is honestly I havenā€™t touched most ddr5 ram boards yet.

1 Like

I agree. Almost every review I watched by streamers mentioned this same thing. I canā€™t believe people think we are just making it up. Iā€™m by no means saying the game is trash and I want a refund. It works flawlessly 75% of the time for me. However, it DOES stutter like crazy and start rubber banding a lot. Especially if I enter dungeons or cellars.

1 Like

So itā€™s a loading issue? Have you tried going in and out of dungeon to see if it gets better or worse?

Yes sir/mam I have. It will happen even if Iā€™m been in the dungeon for quite awhile. Itā€™s really, really weird. Iā€™m not dismissing it could just be something whonky with my system as maybe it is. I would love to figure out a fix though. Dungeons get damn near unplayable. The open world is 100% fine though!

Itā€™s the videocard settings. Maybe lower it slightly until you find the optimal settings. You have to find the right settings.

My rig isnā€™t top notch but today since I have to be at work, Iā€™ve been running D 4 in the background with all my work stuff running at same time. That means: Slack, Outlook 365 desktop app, Firefox with at least 7 tabs at all times (SmartSheets in 6 tabs, Outlook 356 web), notepad and Dreamweaver. Even with all those windows and apps running, and only 16 GB RAM, the game is running nicely.

VRAM. Must be a game code dump of some kind. Yeah thatā€™s definitively on blizzard.

Perhaps for anyone else having similar issues take a look at your nVidia control panel settings and make sure nothing wonky is going on.

Any particular settings youā€™d recommend to check out?

I would mainly look at power options and adjust some of the graphical fidelity ones for maximum performance.

Are you overheating?

Game runs great.

3440x1440 ultrawide, capped it at 120fps, all settings maxed and DLAA on.

No stuttering, no issues at all, using about 65% of my gpu so I could easily get a lot more fps if I wanted to uncap.

3080ti, i5-13600k, 32gb fast ddr5, installed on nvme.

2 Likes

I mean if itā€™s an over lock issue since the card is defaulted on overclock getting the manufacturer software and disabling the overclock on the card might help.

Again, you donā€™t have enough VRAM for the HQ texture pack.

Your video card has 8GB. The HQ texture pack requires 10GB+ to run smoothly. Knock your texture quality down a notch or uninstall HQ texture pack.

IMO thereā€™s not a significant visual difference without it.

I ran 4k with a 2080 Super. Had a little stutter at first, but adjusted shader/shadow quality down a notch, and enabled DLS or whatever to performance and was fine.

The most annoying thing for me was the initial CG video before even getting to the menu, I couldnā€™t hear voices. Once I got to settings and changed default to 5.1 I was good.

Usually GEForce recommends me an Optimized Settings for particular game. Since Diablo4 is new, GEForce havent given me the optimized settings yet. I just use the in-game default settings.

My settings for WoW Dragonflight is optimized. Maybe the D4 program has a hint base on that game.

So far, mine is okay. There was some crash. Just one last night and one today. I am level 30 now.

1 Like

I donā€™t know about super modern cards but it became a thing in recent years to adjust your fan curve out of the box. Also raise the heat threshold before it starts to declock stuff to compensate - just keep an eye on temps.

You think blizz would list the amount of vram you would need in the recommended for the highest texture setting

1 Like

Or that the game would not install them/enable them by default on cards that canā€™t run it smoothly. Itā€™s asking for complaints like this. :slight_smile: