This explains everything - wow

This has to be one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen. You wonder why this game has no depth.

91 Likes

Well, he isn’t wrong. I have tried not to comment on that video.

12 Likes

I quit playing the “game” already, so this will likely be my last post on these forums. I wouldn’t have bothered normally, but this disasterpiece of a video is just too juicy not to take a jab at.

First of all, let this video dispel any doubt in your minds as to why D4 is the way it is. These people clearly have no idea what they’re doing. No spenders being used, dying in WT1 at level 50. It’s hilarious.

Second, if you watch the entire original video (you really should, it’s great in that “The Room” type of way) you can see the teleprompter reflected in her glasses, so the random drivel they’re spouting isn’t even random. (The timestamp for it is around 4:44 on the official video, if anyone is curious.)

Third, there’s a million and one “diversity quota” jokes to be made here, but I will not stop and grab the low hanging fruit, because that’s what Blizzard wants me to do. They put these people in front of a moving bus deliberately, to deflect any and all criticism of the video (or game) as whatever X Y or Z buzzword they want to call you at the time, Ghostbusters 2016 style.

It’s been fun (it hasn’t) but I’m off to greater pastures, because this video is the greatest advertisement for Path of Exile that I’ve ever seen.

Edit: Oh, and Blizzard? Disabling the comments on said video isn’t helping your case. You can bury your head in the sand, and pretend everything is fine (as is your wont), but I assure you it is not. Also it just adds to the hilarity.

Continue to be a parody of yourself. Blizzard North you are not, and never will be again.

80 Likes

Yeah, it was dumb of Blizzard to put out that video. These two woman are getting hate that they do not deserve.

19 Likes

There are different teams that work on different things in the game.

3 Likes

I am not certain how much role they had in making the design decisions of the dungeon. I would like to hear from these same two people, after their time at blizzard, who made the decision to limit the background/foreground/zoom. I would also like to hear why the dungeons are so small that objectives had to be put in to drag out the dungeon. These are not art decisions, but obviously have a huge impact on the pace and immersion of a zone. I would also like to hear why the drowned just appear as opposed to crawling out of water or falling from the ceiling.

6 Likes

And no single voice or direction. Leadership is lacking, you can tell in the campfires. Everyone is afraid to speak out.

7 Likes

The answer to that is from the people higher up. The questions you have all have the same answer - it is designed this way to get you to waste time without realizing you are wasting time. Even an extra few seconds here and there adds up to a lot of time over the course.

7 Likes

That is the entire feeling I get from the game. It is designed to program less, hinder more.

4 Likes

The video, just like the game, wasn’t made for a gaming audience. The goal is to push an agenda and the targeted audience is non-gamers. The game itself is basically secondary.

12 Likes

So the Designer who is playing the game said hahahahaahhaha I die…

She does not even use the CORE SKILL to play the game. Just mashing the basic skill. No wonder this game has so many issue.

17 Likes

This may be why I didn’t understand the motivation behind this video. Your take on this makes more sense to me. But, I still don’t understand what value this gives to Blizzard or if it was personal project to someone? If anything, this video is a huge loss. It proves exactly what everyone has been saying about not actually playing the game.

5 Likes

She says in the video she has tested it for hours. Its obvious that this isn’t the case.

24 Likes

To be 100% fair, and not to defend this embarrassment of a game, she is likely an art/asset designer and obviously doesn’t play games. It’s baffling that they actually thought it would be a good idea to release the video though.

4 Likes

Maybe they were looking for a marketing mistake video to blame the loss of players on? Instead of blaming the upper management for releasing an unfinished game?

3 Likes

They are not artists, they are developers, so no excuse.

10 Likes

Then there truly is no hope.

7 Likes

Asset designer = glorified drafter

3 Likes

These people are essentially artists. I don’t care if the people making dungeon art in the game happen to be woke lefty aesthetic having ladies with no gaming chops. It was a bad video to publish because they know who the core audience for this game is and that it was likely to result in abuse and vitriol, but I really don’t care how bad a dungeon architect is at the game or how many of them wear pride shirts and sport half-shaved heads. They might not be my kind of gals, but this is a big whatever for me. :joy:

4 Likes

They are not artists, it’s on the video, they are level designers, which mean they create dungeons, they are developers.

21 Likes