Third Party App: Diablo IV overlay is permitted? #ModCheck

Yes, rebinding a key in game is the exact same thing as using 3rd party software to rebind a key with macros. You’re so dense lmao

Source: Trust me, bro.

lol

1 Like

Yes, rebinding a key ingame is the exact same thing as using 3rd party software to rebind a key in this context. The fact that you decided to argue about this and diverted from coming to the conclusion you were almost at leads me to believe you capped out your cognitive ability.

Bro how are you so stupid lol. It’s not the same thing at all. The TOS clearly states that any 3rd party software that alters the game play or actions can result in a ban. You can modify keys in game with the options given to you.

Using AHK, Razer or any other software to do the same thing can result in a ban.

Here’s articles previously from the devs for D3 that still relate to the same TOS

Cheating in Diablo® III - Diablo III

Read the thread.

READ the thread.

Read THE THREAD.

READ the THREAD.

READ THE thread.

Read the THREAD.

Read THE thread.

READ THE THREAD.

Quote me saying that it CAN’T get you banned, you absolute moron.

READ THE THREAD YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

No it is not not. However, do not use AHK to do it. Stick to the in-game key mapping or basic mouse/keyboard functions.

AHK as a program is very very likely to get people banned.

That’s not what an Overlay does.

An overlay, in this specific context, is information provided by a third party that is relevant to the game, that you might otherwise have to resort to a second monitor, mobile phone or the use of alt-tab to get in other ways. So for example, looking up a build guide. This overlay in particular offers that functionality, allowing you to access build guides while having the game window still active and not needing to rely on another device.

There’s nothing that this overlay provides that could be considered ‘cheating’.

If the game does not provide the information natively, using something that interacts with/lays over top of, the game is considered cheating.

Banning for it requires detecting it.

The difference is that the overlay touches the game where as everything else you mentioned, just like paper game guides of old, does not.

Again, I prefer overlay maps too! I hope they add it, but I won’t be using any other software that touches my game to get it. I will stick to my browser and looking things up the old fashioned way.

I mean, people could print to paper too :slight_smile: If my printer worked I probably would then I could just x things off as I got them without having to use a web interface!

Lumpy was so quick to reply earlier, pretty quiet now tho.

I can’t really speak for map overlays, but overlays that pull from external websites and display guide/build information isn’t cheating.

Pretty please stop the personal bickering. It does not help the conversation to take personal jabs at each other.

That goes for everyone doing it!

stern look over glasses

I wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole until Blizzard officially said I could!!

If it uses nothing from the actual real time game, I don’t see an issue. Most of the map overlays use game data to show you where things are, including where you are in real time relative to that map. To do that it has to touch actual game client position data, etc.

That is the difference between having something up on a monitor next to you, printed on paper, etc. and using an overlay that is “cheating”. The use of any actual real time game data is the issue.

I don’t use the overlays so can’t comment on any individual one. I am speaking as a general rule.

I can also say they are hard to detect so not getting penalized for it does not mean it is ok… Just that people have not been caught yet. Heh.

I just avoid anything questionable. As much as I want an overlay style map, I will wait for Blizz to put one in, or maybe move a second monitor down here next to my laptop… Tempting.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t touch map overlays, because Blizzard removed that for a reason and I don’t think adding it back, especially if it can show, for example, where enemy players are on the map, is okay.

Ouch, yeah that kind of real time data is what gets people into trouble. That is most def an advantage over those not using real time data displays. Blizzard clearly did not want us to know where enemy players were on the map or we would have a means to do it (potions, skill/spell).

1 Like

It’s just a screen reading overlay and doesn’t touch the files/memory at all, doesn’t even read memory, they likely won’t even know you’re using it.

I’ve been playing the game. If mouse/keyboard software provides scripted macros and they aren’t banning people for using it to rebind keys, and Bliz would ban someone for using AHK to rebind keys and for no other reason, then this proves my point, which you’d have known if you read the thread, so go read the thread.

Which specific part of the TOS makes that cheating?

1. Consent to Monitor. WHILE RUNNING, THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING A GAME) MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER, CONSOLE, OR MOBILE DEVICE’S MEMORY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING EITHER CONCURRENTLY WITH A GAME OR OUT OF PROCESS. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1.C. ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PLATFORM DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE PLATFORM MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER. Additionally, certain Games include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to Blizzard in the event that the Game crashes, including system and driver data, and by agreeing hereto you consent to Blizzard receiving and/or using this data.

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

1. hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
  2. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;