The reason people quit Diablo 4. Simplified

You are running WT4 at level 60? I thought that was supposed to be for level 70?

Literally a child. Posting this copy pasta on the forums lmao stop it you definitely a white knight

He probably is. I finished capstone at lvl 61 and 2% xp.

Dudes been on copy pasta mode lmao

One day you and the other idiots that liked your comment (OP included) might actually figure out the endgame in D4 and why the gear stops scaling to level. At this point, itā€™s downright hilarious some of you either canā€™t grasp the concept or are in complete denial.

Agreed. The itemization, as a whole, needs a rework.

That honestly wouldnā€™t solve anything.

/headscratcher

Worst argument against feedback ever.

Blizzard has huge teams of developers and funding for games. Most of us players actually could produce a better game if we were given the role of lead developer for D4.

The things people critique about d4 are easy fixes for the most part. Blizzard is just stubborn and narcissistic always thinking they are right no matter what anyone says.

Or are pretty bored of bugs, exploits, crashes absurd leveling gear and nonsense endgame? When a sacred is better than an ancestral or an uniqueā€¦Man, i donĀ“t care about gear lvl, btw i donĀ“t even have being a 88 lvl a single 815. The higher i got it 808 and i had to sell it due bad stats. IĀ“m here for blizz to solve game crashing notices but then i get bored of seeing nothing and read all the ā€œpretty well madeā€ constructive comentaries and mob against one single person 400 commentaries in a thread killing.

Not the only reason. Drops in general in NMs just bad. You get the same 750ish ilvl yellows in a t100 as you do in a t30. Sure you get ALL ancestral items when you do a 75+ but really do not get many more than a t30 most of the drops just more veiled crystals. So you making less gold for doing the higher NMs if you picking everything up.
And that is another thing. Picking EVERYTHING up. Then getting loot depression at the vendor EVERY single run when it ALL is garbage.

Thereā€™s a theory on how that happens and itā€™s mostly anecdotal but it does make sense.

When item is generated all its stats and ā€œitem levelā€ which is ā€œplayer levelā€ are taken into account. So, if you are level 77 and you find 2H sword level 77 and Item Power 801, the game will boost all stats because the level is low, as a way to ā€œbalanceā€ the item. It is almost like the Item Formula is something like IP+stat1+stat2+etc = DO NOT EXCEED ā€œsome numberā€. So, thereā€™s a cap. We just donā€™t know what that it is or how itā€™s calculated.

On the flip side, you find IP820 at level 100 and the game will ā€œadjust downā€ all stats. So, the best time to gear up is Level 75-85. If you donā€™t have 95% of BiS gear by level 90, youā€™re toast. But, like I said, this theory is based on anecdotal evidence.

If gear scales up to lvl 100 you will be just chasing green arrows up until lvl 100? Because once I am 100 al my lvl 99 and below gear will be trash. (unless they get scaling right which I highly doubt)

Why not let people pick up gear they can use until 100 at level 1 then? Why should WT4 be a restriction?

But thatā€™s 3 of the 5 classes.

If barb Sorc and Necro doesnā€™t work for Lilith and NM 100, then you just bought a game with 2 classes instead of 5, and should be messaging blizz CS for a refund.

Selling 5 classes but only 2 work for endgameā€¦

Sounds like a good ARPG.

At this point, halls of torment is looking like a better Diablo than Diablo.

No. Gear should not scale with your level. Gear should scale with the difficulty of the content youā€™re doing. And the level requirement should not scale at all.

2 Likes

I doubt thatā€™s why most folks quitā€¦

But itā€™s a big issue. Getting a literal BiS drop at level 62 is kinda dope and all, but now thatā€™s a dead slot and you basically canā€™t get excited any time an item for it drops.

The whole endgame feels like it was decently thought out, but horribly rushed without much in the way of qualitative testing to iron out progression issues like this.

Iā€™ll never understand, how they thought thisā€™d be a good system.

A plvl 800 item found on a lvl 60 char is ā€œworth moreā€ than the same item found on a lvl 100 char, because it can be equipped by more alts!?

1 Like

Well, Lv 70+ is a challenge. Who wants it will go to level 100. Stats should be improved, but thatā€™s not a reason to quit.

Dude, I found an 819 crone with nearly max rolls at 74. Iā€™m using that now.

Iā€™ve found probably a dozen more since then and all have been FAR worse. Iā€™ve been 100 for nearly a month now.

1 Like

And your qualification to require people criticizing their qualification being? Blizzardā€™s Degree of Impervious Mental Fortitude For Shills donā€™t count.

1 Like