The question is not if D4's Season 1 is failing

i highly recommend you read this article

washingtonpost. com/video-games/2022/12/08/diablo-iv-release-date-crunch/

You specifically pointed out that they were close to many colleges and surviving based on their location alone. That means that they are one of the only or best options based on their location, if not then you wouldn’t have brought that point up. If they weren’t one of the only options then their location and proximity to colleges is irrelevant.

Your entire premise that a restaurant was able to run full time surviving on one time new customers only is pretty funny though. This doesn’t happen. 99% of the time people eat/order from places they are familiar with. A very small percentage of people tend to try a new place unless they are encourage by friends or family that had a good experience.

9/10 you got a dud meal from an employee didn’t care about your food.

You do realize that the Acti-Blizz higher ups are planning on staying onboard after the acquisition right? It’s in their best interest to make sure things go well if they want to keep their jobs and keep making money. Microsoft isn’t buying Acti-Blizz from it’s employee’s, they are buying Acti-Blizz from it’s shareholders.

I bet they are super excited that they nerfed us to the ground pre season.

When I go to load D4 the first thing I think of is patch 1.1

I could care less what they do at this point, unless they absolutely undo the nerfs, the only thing I will ever think of when thinking of this game is 1.1

we hate the game because we want to love it, but its not good, and unlike you, we aren’t blind to that fact.
We don’t hate the game because we can’t do what others do, who cares in a pve game what you do, it means nothing.

Or do you think that only 1% of people playing games are actually smart enough to do things? I’d guess you think you fall into that category?

I knew most of this already. We know the company is terribly mismanaged and that the Devs aren’t to blame for the majority of the issues. The game release was rushed, surprise surprise.

My guy suffering from the stockhomles stop defending blizzard cringe as hell, heres advice i give to all you casual critters that want to play leave britney alone for the billion dollar giant.

Stop posting go play the game when you get past wt3 hit 100 then beat lilith then do a nmd 100 and then and only then come back because literally typing ANYTHING before doing that voids any point you’re trying to make and ruins any just cause you’re trying to prove

1 Like

No one is defending Blizzard “my guy”. Some of us jus want the game to be better. We would rather see the game improve than just completely disregarding it. I couldn’t care less who makes the game, as long as it’s good/has potential.

Unfortunately I can’t bring my gaming rig to work so I’m only really on the forums when I have breaks at work. No chance I’m on deranged forums while I’m at home.

And that’s some noob nonsense you’re throwing down. You need to reach lvl 100 clear tier 100 nmd, beat uber Lilith on hardcore with every class and every known build before you’re allowed to have an opinion. Get outta here scrub!

You thought the game is beatable by anybody. You cant admit that it’s only beatable by certain serious players not you.

You failed to beat the game in your attempts. It’s normal. The game is not bad becoz it pwned you. This is not D2 or D3 that you previously has beaten. This is D4. You have to adapt.

Poop sandwiches can be easily eaten by anybody, I just don’t eat them BC I think they are gross.

You: You can’t admit that poop sandwiches can only be eaten by serious players, just not you.

Come on, D4 is not hard, no arpg is. You get a build off the internet and face roll 2-4 buttons. It’s not a skill game like Cuphead.

Opinion isnt fact, I finished season 1 and stopped playing same thing i do in Diablo 3 ill be back for season 2 I dont need to be constantly playing the game for it to be a success or to enjoy it because i did enjoy it.

The simple fact is that the season should be completely irrelevant, a brand new game like this shouldn’t run out of things to do 1 month into the game. It should be designed to have a deep enough loop that you can play for years before running out of interesting things to do.

The problem is there’s no skill depth, no item depth, no social options, no trading, no meaningful pvp, nothing that will retain players. The season is just a bandaid on a gushing wound, the game has no satisfying core of replayability or endgame loop, and on top of that they completely neglected the social aspects that keep people coming back. People keep playing WoW for years even when they don’t like the expansion or content because they like to hang out and chat with their friends.

It’s not even a good season, compare it to any POE league. It has like 1/10th the content. They can’t even compete with an indie game studio like 1/10th their size with a fresh game and a season already in development prior to release.

1 Like

Season 1 should have blown peoples minds, instead we get a dumbed down version of a D3 season. Not a good way to set a mark for the future.

Yes, they should just not even release a season if it’s not good. Releasing it early to try to do damage control for the bad release just made it worse. If they took their time and released a banger season probably it would restore a lot of trust. Instead they rushed out the game then followed that up with a rushed season.

Its ok that you don’t want to understand.

According to official announcements, under the deal Kotick will remain the CEO of Activision Blizzard, and is expected to keep the position while the deal goes through regulatory processes, as Activision Blizzard remains independent from Microsoft until the deal closes.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Kotick “will depart once the deal closes” under Microsoft’s management, while Kotick said in an interview that he has an interest in remaining in the company.

While Kotick had been hesitant about selling the company, the board had gone ahead with the deal as they continued to fear the ongoing impact of the lawsuit while Kotick remained on the board . The buyout would provide a graceful exit for Kotick in the future, ranging in $252.2–292.9 million over most scenarios.

According to official announcements, under the deal Kotick will remain the CEO of Activision Blizzard, and is expected to keep the position while the deal goes through regulatory processes, as Activision Blizzard remains independent from Microsoft until the deal closes. According to The Wall Street Journal, Kotick “will depart once the deal closes” under Microsoft’s management, while Kotick said in an interview that he has an interest in remaining in the company.

The deal was set to close by July 18, 2023, after which Microsoft would owe Activision Blizzard $3 billion if the deal failed to close. However, the companies would have been able to mutually extend the deadline, or if expired, renegotiate the terms.

Why would they be in a rush to get rid of Bobby? He’s one of the most successful profitable businessmen in history. Activision had an 11,000% increase in stock value under his watch after he saved it from bankruptcy. They bought it because they like it and how it runs.

I never disputed that he was a profitable business man, he is basically selling you half a shell of what the product use to be for the same price. Im not surprised that this tactic makes a lot of money.

there are a ton of companies that send out the first wave of a product, the product does really well and gets good ratings. then the company goes into the product and down grades its parts, so every subsequent batch cost less because the parts are cheaper and not as well made, but the model number on the product stays the same. This is a know tactic in the business world.

In all fairness they can’t get any worse.

You think so?

/20char

If people were just disappointed the feedback would be more balanced. As you say, people are pissed. I definitely feel bamboozled, emotionally manipulated, ripped off, and powerless to strike back at a billion dollar software company. If D4 had been the exception and not the rule in terms of Blizzard’s quality I would also be more understanding.

White knight doormats making excuses, gaslighting, deflecting, and justifying AAA top dollar half baked games with paid subscriptions are scum bags. They are the same type of people who side with the enemy during war time (i.e., collaborators).