The prices for cosmetics are ridiculous

I paid full price for OW1, saw them sack it and turn it into OW2, a f2p game with a heavily monetized cash shop. After that I refused to play unless PvE campaign came out and look where we are now… :sweat_smile:

That being said, I’m still a sucker and will be playing D4 until they find a way to ruin it.

4 Likes

This is definitely the silver lining. :smirk:

Yeah i agree as a pay to play game they definitely dont need 28 dollar skins and such on the high end. I was assuming 10 to 15 but man was I wrong. Thats typical Blizz L’s for ya.

2 Likes

Lots of people care about cosmetics, they just pretend not to on the internet. Just like the people who claim not to watch reality tv or eat fast food. Sure, some of them may be telling the truth, but many are just saying it because to say otherwise would make them look like a normie.

So they are really going for 20+ bucks? This is plain and simply ridiculous :crazy_face:
Might have bought a bunch at 10 bucks… but 20?

I’d rather buy a discounted AAA game on Steam for that money.

3 Likes

Most cash shop cosmetics end up pricey. Of course most also are f2p not b2p.

Not overly concerned, I suppose if I must have the cosmetics I’ll pay… Otherwise I won’t.

WTF kind of logic is this. It’s the people that buy these things that encourages companies to keep pushing out stuff that should free with the game price.

That’s like saying day 1 DLC is the fault of people who complain, because they don’t need to buy it to play the game they just bought, and it’s OK for companies to not include it in the game for free.

4 Likes

Where did you see this?

I also love cheap skins and will buy multiple if they’re worth the price. Too much for 1 skin and won’t even bother.

I guess cosmetics are only for whales.

1 Like

And there’s always a chance items may periodically go one sale.

I suppose that’s smart for Blizzard. The whales can buy it not on sale but when it is on sale it creates a fomo situation.

I seen a few more. They ranged between 13 bucks and 28 bucks. Its actually a little cheaper depending on the amount you purchase because bigger coin packs have more bonus coins. That 28 bucks is really like 25 bucks for instance.

It all depended on what was in the bundle. Like I seen a skin set for rogue that was 13 bucks. There was a mount with some trophy like skins for 20 bucks but it also gave you 800 coins back etc. I seen a barb skin set that also had a back item that looked like a shield for 22 bucks.

Doesn’t PoE make bank with their microstransactions cuz they’re kinda cheap and you get the bang for your buck? It encourages buying more things.

1 Like

$15 is too much for a single skin. $10 is too much for a single skin. This is the hell we live in. F*** the rich.

1 Like

The 430 credit score people are complaining again …

:wink:

2 Likes

800 but sure, clown.

1 Like

It isn’t rich people, it is rich suckers that buy this stuff.

That Wraith Lord set is pretty sick looking though…

1 Like

Rich people don’t have to be “suckers.” They have no idea what it’s like to not be able to afford anything ever.

Unfortunately, even this isn’t quiiite accurate. Suckers in general, many of them relatively poor, bleeding themselves dry to satisfy addictive tendencies. :eyes: