The HATE is unreal from you all

I get it, people come to the forums to “voice” their dislikes, discontent, overall unhappiness. You never see a person come here normally to voice their happiness with the game.

That said, I will. Job well done Blizzard!

You all need to realize this is the first 25 levels, the game doesn’t even start until end game. This is why you all want to be rushed in D2, D3, and so on. Its boring until end game. End game is where the magic/fun happens! There is a massive world still locked to us, and all of you can’t help but complain at every turn.

I literally just saw two posts near each other:

1. Complaining about how easy monsters are
  2. Complaining about how hard monsters are

You truly can’t make everyone happy.

Combat seems slow right now, because you only have 25 levels of points. You can’t be superpowered and have a fun character demolishing stuff yet. But believe me, it’s coming.

The audio is stellar, the graphics are gory and realistic, the combat is phenomenal.

Truly, well done.

184 Likes

Yup. Said this a million times. The vocal minority are crapping up the forums with low effort posts. Most of the people are out enjoying the game.

79 Likes

You just don’t like that other people have an opinion different from yours.

60 Likes

Hopefully you’re making a distinction from real valuable feedback and simply “hate” and taking that into actual consideration.

5 Likes

There is constructive criticism and then there is the wall of borderline spam posts with very vague critiques.

14 Likes

I’ve seen constructive & valuable feedback. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Bring on the feedback!

What I don’t like it seeing people bash it, with no constructive criticism or way to make it better.

13 Likes

Let them bash. D4 will be incredible game. I played it today 15 hours straight. Its not yet out and needs some fine tuning, but seriously its on point.

The immersion is there. The world is dark and feels alive. Everything matters. You don’t need to do main story you can just dash into the wilderness and collect stuff, craft things and run dungeons solo or with people.

I hope they add Fishing, Hunting and NPC’s you can take with you and gear em up!

10 Likes

Well, if you are a professional game developer of a AAA title that needs of millions of players to be profitable, that is precisely the type of challenge you need to be prepared for. There is always going to be a large gap between the “least-skilled” and “most-skilled” player. Then in a game like this you have to multiply that by the gap between the “unluckiest” and “luckiest” gear drops, which you have to accommodate both of, because the world is scaling around you so you can’t afford the plan being the player has to keep farming more loot (until you finally get to end game where that formula starts working, and is another reason why this type of game should rush the pre-end-game.)

Personally I feel D3 managed this well with it’s 16 outdoor tiers and 150 GR Tiers. There is always a level that will give any player a fun experience, and always a reason for them wanting to keep dialing up their gear & skill (until they max out at 150 which has not been a big threat until very recently and even then for only some.)

5 Likes

The graphics and story are great so far. Much more effort put into dialogue and interaction with town NPC’s etc. There are some great scenic shots when different elevations are shown.

7 Likes

The games playable, but you’re kidding yourself if you think you can’t tell what end game is going to be like from the beta because we’ve seen most of the core features before in D3 and other games.

The game is all about item scaling. Nothing else matters compared to that. D3 worked the same exact way. Your levels and talents tree are mostly meaningless in comparison to getting higher level items.

Many of the core features of D3 are also in D4. Majority of the systems work exactly the same way with some minor variations.

I think most people were hoping for a new game. Not a slightly altered version of D3. Yeah, D4 has differences but for the most part the combat mechanics and how items work are pretty much the same as always. So much so, it doesn’t really feel like I’m playing a new game.

2 Likes

Well thats the “Core” of any hack and slash game. Loot. Items mean everything. Without that constant hunt, whats the point?

3 Likes

Everyone is entitle to a opinion however I feel the younger generation of gamers are a entitled bunch of whiners. (Yes I I am a older gamer in my 40’s and remember the original Diablo)

With all of the open beta’s and early access its a good way to tweak performance and work out bugs and balance issues. I see to many people complaining. I am very happy with what I have seen from Blizzard so like the OP I will say great job dev’s.

14 Likes

Eh some monsters are a pita to be honest. I was more irritated how poorly the first day of beta went queue wise and hope they have a week long or more test sometime before launch to really make sure launch goes well.

D3 at start Was trash to say the least remember the Real money AH? it was horrendous. also there wasnt Greater rifts or even rifts at start, it was just 1 Torment level even. a game mostly comes out underdeveloped tbh, its the modern time of creating new games now. but D4 is not near a clone of D3, the Graphical lvl of the mobs are better, the story seems okish, the Qeu times well its normal for a Beta, if there are bugs well again normal for a Beta because they finalise it at the end. and no levelling doesnt need to be a rush maybe for you not for me atleast.

I liked seeing the new look of some of the classic monsters like the fallen and summoners. They’re actually scary looking instead of an act 1 joke. I went into a room somewhere and it was full of quillbacks and I was on a Sorc and was like “Oh chit.”

Handled everything pretty easy. But I did run into the Butcher in a dungeon. He murdered me, my family, my ancestors, and any future generations. I went back to try again, but he was gone. Must have been a special rare boss, but he was a lot tougher than anything else I fought in game. Kind of cool to see him tooling around though. Oh and he was fast and ran you down trying to kite him. Each hit took like 33% of life and you couldn’t out run him or get away, even with cc.

1 Like

Play a D3 char as a LoD. Thats what D4 endgame will look like pretty much.
Skill customization in D4 is LESS… can you believe it LESS than D3. In D4 you have 2 options, while D3 had 5 or 6 runes to choose from.

Legendary powers in D4 is exactly the same as D3. Some generic ones, and some hyper specific skill based ones. There are some more stat variation on rares, which is good. Although ALOT of the affixes are conditional based. Damage vs vulnerable, damage vs injured, damage vs healthy, damage vs slowed, damage vs crowd controlled. etc.
So people being dissapointed is very well justified imo.

5 Likes

D4 is pretty good now. most people that are complaining went into this game with the mindset of D3 as the base for what an arpg is supposed to be. D3 IS NOT AN ARPG.

I am having a blast with D4. With only contents upto lvl 25 and its this fun, i cant wait until full release. There are still rooms for fine tune in D4, but it captures the true essence and feel of an arpg. Nothing as complicated as POE (best arpg IMO) but just complex enough to keep you engaged with your build and continuously look for upgrades. I really hope Blizzard doesn’t dumb down this game for the “D3 crowds”.

5 Likes

Just need the camera to be a tad more zoomed out please.

6 Likes

You’re forgetting about Glyphs and the Moveable Paragon boards. I assure you there will be more variation in D4 lol.

1 Like

you didnt see 10 % of the Costumisation of D4 yet hahaahaha Lol