The game has gone 100% meta

Macrobioboi and yes I agree he is among the better streamers…more showing others, less flexing.

1 Like

Hopefully they remember to turn it off….unlike that one League of Legends streamer……

1 Like

Its a matter of perspective. What is a build you can come up with that doesn’t used forced synergies and haw far can you push that? The most fun I have had in this game was with a Lightning Storm Druid in S4 that DIDNT shapeshift, and now this season a Bleed Berserk Barb using chains rend and puncture. Basically have no crit chance and I only have 4 skills on my bar at 60 (115) but it’s fun. Comparison is the thief of joy. Lop the top of the bell off and ignore hyper zoom SBs that dash delete the entire screen. Now, that being said… I acknowledge that non optional overworld activities where they show up are ruined by their presence but, dungeons etc. can be fun. And to be honest when you play a non meta build that is “underpowered” the content is more challenging and legitimately more fun in my opinion.

At the end of the day you are churning content over and over for incremental upgrades to try to increase power in some meaningful fashion until you cant go any further. That process can be challenging and fun and end at a lower watermark than other players but it doesnt mean anything. The experience you have playing is the point. If you dont like hyper metas that can absolutely shred through anything, dont play them. I am making a Puncture/rend barb that is wholey different than the max roll guides for either skill and maybe that gets me into T3 only maybe it cant even complete it… Getting to or competing in T4 means nothing to me if it is with a push to win build that I dont think is fun. For what?

That being said I want to reiterate I do think that SBs are OP to the point of ruining shared content at the moment. That is a bit of a problem but I also dont want that to be nerfed.

2 Likes

Yes, if they did that, I might keep playing the season. But I’m not now because the only reason I play is for the trade economy. Which has been destroyed by these broken builds. I haven’t made one, myself, because I was under the impression that Blizzard fixed exploits of mechanics that were functioning improperly. But they haven’t. Now it’s too late.

yeah I dont have an issue with your choice in how to play or the people copy and pasting builds. But hitting preconceived meta walls with the illusion that you might be able to build one that works, requiring huge amount of resources and time is what im having issue with. Is it a bad ask to lessen this wide from the metas hitting billion in damage? Theorycrafting right now has too much of a failure chance than not. I don’t think it’s impossible to have higher win chance in crafting something cool, and not having to look at meta build and max roll simulators to get there. If good RPG elements are in place within the game it should communicate that well to a player intuitively, but right now the game breaks the 4th wall constantly when you’re in the open world witnessing the meta in full scope. Meta builds look more like exploits and the game scaling with this type of culture takes away the color in variety.

Hey now, I’ll have you know that I leveled and played through to T2 with a build entirely of my own making until I realized I didn’t have enough scalar interplay and needed to put everything into a single skill, something I’m too busy to invest the time into figuring out for myself from scratch right now. :rofl:

Then I found the most niche build I could manage which used the skill I wanted to pump, that is entirely off-meta and not on any of the major build sites. I feel so accomplished! :smirk:

:v: :stuck_out_tongue:

the paragon board cap to 5 is one of the problems, with more boards there would be more variety and more powerfull builds.
Sure meta builds would become even more op but it doesnt matter that much if you do 10 trillion or100 trillion damage…

yeah or add more stat synergies maybe? People keep telling me to try out Path of Exile, I’ll wait for POE2 to see if it’s all they make it out to be.

1 Like

This is unquestionably true. But you need to remove the concept that you can theory craft a meta using anything. It only works if you set expectations that are within the scope and capabilities of the skills and playstyle you want your build to do. Its a weird perspective to try to take and I definitely understand where you are coming from. I was there in previous seasons too but that perspective was ruining the game for me when I was in a dungeon by myself lol. It just doesnt make sense for me anymore. But yeah. The open world is a clown show right now. I agree. It feels comical and kind of sad.

1 Like

I wonder if its not truly different. If its just much more complicated so creates a greater illusion of variance and option wherein not a ton exists in the context of viable top performing builds. If you are looking outward there are always people that have done all the math and min maxed builds that are optimized to top performance.

1 Like

D4 has been like this since release, also aren’t runes used to craft mythics?

The dream: D4 team stops focusing on what are, and have been, extremely lackluster seasonal content for a few seasons to rework the OG classes’ skill trees.

The reality: This won’t happen.

The skill trees are just too limited to do what people want.

For example, you may be playing a sorceress, but you’re playing some variation of devouring blaze and conjuration master because those are the only meaningful/scalable [ x ] value passives. These two passives are the only things that will allow you into T4, no matter how much gear you farm.

It’s the same for every class.

“Almost 0 build variety and 0 synergies except for the fact that some abilities share the same damage type” is #2 on my list since the launch of this trash bin liner.

#vocalminority

What other game has a build that is functionally invincible (literal permanent evade state), can cross a map per second, and does the most damage by a magnitude of like a thousand compared to the next thing.

This evade build is absolute nonsense and actually makes it a drag to play with other people. What’s the point when at least one person in your group is just going to give their mouse wheel a good flick and clear the whole map.

I played other Souls ARPG include Elden Ring and Black Myth Wukong. There are always a builds which you can stack all multiplier together and one shoot all boss. The developer never patch them because this build is the most unpopular, it needs a lot of setup to execute the perfect one shoot. Players prefer their home brew build even it is less efficient, because they enjoy the interaction with the boss and the enemies with their prefer weapons.

As the interaction of boss in D4 is uninteresting, therefore players prefer those meta build to one button get rid of this boring hostile NPC in order to acquire the loot they drop.

Not just the skill trees but the class gimmicks like sorc enchantment and Barb weapon mastery.

The problem is that Blizzard always nerfs these so-called meta builds. Then the players look for another meta build and everyone copies it. Blizzard is simply taking the wrong approach.

The right way would be to buff the useless builds to meta builds. Season by season more would be added until there are so many of them that you can play with all of them and would be similarly strong. This would achieve the desired build diversity and also the slogan “play as you want”.

And the best thing about it would be: we would all have much more fun and less frustration.

Wrong again.

My dude, everything you write in every topic is completely BS. Do you fact check anything before you hit the forums?

I’ve been enjoying playing a Poison/Thorns Spiritborn, but I realize it will never make it to T4.

1 Like

The economy still exits. Value of items will still follow the demand and it is quite easy to get your own gear. They didnt disable trading but S6 but it does feel a lot more optional.