Tha game is getting worse by the season

I’m playing this game from the beginning and here is my latest feedback:

• I’m now out of gold and can not change affixes on my gear. This is not a sim city or roller coaster tycoon or monopoly. Why do I have to care about gold? Where is my puzzle ring? I didn’t have this problem in D3.
  • Glyph upgrading: Why do I have to check a 3rd party website to see the best dungeons for glyph upgrading? By the time I’m 100, I should have all my glyphs maxed out. Or at least give me a glyph updare dungeon. Same thing since S1.
  • Affixes, masterworking, tempering, aspects…What’s next? Too much thing to consider in a “seasonal” game!
  • Gems. I’m 100 and I still can not create royal gems. How did this got worse? 10.000 fragments? Where do I get that?
  • Unique items: Every single time I get one, I’m supposed to rejoice right? But no, cuz the game is full of useless uniques. This used to be good but got even worse with the updates.
  • Common, magic and rare items. Why do I still get them? How can I get a common item at level 100?
  • Tempering destroys an item I spent hour to get. Changing affixes does not do that. I can save the item for later when I have gold but if an item got wrong in temerping, it’s done for good.

Again, this is a seasonal game and I don’t have the time to do gems, gold, affixes, aspects, tempering, masterwoking and I don’t even mentions helltides and all the materials for boss fights. It’s like Smurfs where Gargamel is trying to make a soup with all the ingredients like lizard tail etc.

Make the game simpler please.

4 Likes

You can still play D3.

4 Likes

Because gold had no value in D3 after RoS. Do a ToW or trade an item gold is easy to aquire.

You dont. You just need to roll awakening bonus. Yes XP grinding some nm are better then others.

There is nothing complex here. You can be geared in 2-3 weeks pushing 100+ pits. Yes BIS is unlikely unless you RMT or play trade sim.

Gems have a good feel of progression. Do nm dungons the drop rate is best there. Its no longer I hit X level instant upgrade. Gems actually have purpose now and not a second thought.

Not all unqiues are equally and yes you can get bad rolls on non-mythic items. Just means you have an opportunity to get an upgrade.

I do think common, magic and rares should just drop as mats WT4.

Tempering destroys nothing. It completes and incomplete item. If your concered about getting suboptimal rolls just keep the item incomplete and dont temper it.

Considering how casual D4 is maybe arpgs are not for you. There are other game out there.

:point_down: - this

I feel like I replied to this exact post a couple days ago. Did blizzard remove it?

4 Likes

They can’t make it any simpler,

5 Likes

how simple does a game have to become for you?

4 Likes

I don’t necessarily think the game is getting worse per-se, BUT, what is definitely certain is that we’re getting more and more fed up of it

That’s because they design and add new cycles of addictions (not necessarily fun)

Now IDK if that’s by design or intent or whatever, but it’s a simple case of people getting fed of the game cause it’s “labor” to complete tasks and “job” to improve gear (repetitiveness is through the roof as well)

Meaning the game is fundamentaly bad by design (it is getting better features and is getting some polishing, but the core of the gameplay/activities feel like the problem further)

Now, looks like they’re trying to “expand the market of chores” in hope that will feel less tedious/bad (one new “chore” each new season) with time

Perhaps will work (sometime), BUT - must remain skeptical with it tbh, because ultimately I think in order to provide fun there must be some kind of uncertainties/unpredictabilities at times

3 Likes

I can’t say worse,tempering is ok but still needs work. Ht are ok but tire of them quicky. Pits well so boring its hard to get the motivation to farm it for mats. Qol plz,load out and a filter,at least for rares. For now i treat it like D3,quick season and put it away. P.s Powercreep i don’t know where they going with that, was a fail in d3 imo.

I stopped playing this frustrating game.

Now I am preparing popcorn to watch those who decided to play Season 5, raise their anger management, and wait for Pxx2.

The game is drowning.

1 Like

You sound like you failing English class. Get a dictionary to read while you’re at it

1 Like

Wow you are clueless :smiley: And this is boys and girls, why feedback from randos isn´t good.

I think S4 has been a good benchmark for me to see the effort that’s required to complete the season journey and I’ve come to terms with the fact there’s no point pushing for better gear, or higher Pit levels or any of that. As with the previous 3 seasons, and likely going forward, it’s going to be a case of finish the season journey then put the game down because after that point there is a dramatic reduction in effort:reward, and the reward (getting really good gear in my case) doesn’t come with any tangible use. I always roll a minion necro to start and if there’s a broken build I might roll that too (S2 BL sorc; S4 bash barb). I hope they implement mechanisms to actively farm GA items and push content to get better/more of them.

You are still playing so it can’t be that bad, can it?

Give Torchlight Infinite a try mate.

It’s pretty simple.

2 Likes

Game is not getting worse every season. It is the same game with minor new tweaks. It is just normal to start getting bored earlier after 4 seasons. I managed to keep grinding until the very last day of S3. I won’t be doing it this time. I am still playing but with less motivation. It is unlikely that I keep doing it until the end of S4. Sure, I will start again when S5 is released. Good thing it will be short. The expansion will finally bring something fresh.

Made a Hc Barb to end season. Level 100 and 4/12 now. I don’t have the motivation to make him 8/12. I might log in for 2-3 pit runs then log out.

1 Like

Well you are gonna have to if you ever want to play Barb again at this rate

1 Like

Lol, I’m used to Barb nerfs I played Barb 10yrs d3. We will see what new gear offers.

Welcome to the club!..I played Crusader over 8 years

1 Like

I’ve finally come to the realization that it’s not the grind so much but the fact that four seasons in, I’m still fighting the same small number of different enemy types over the same small number of environments. The seasonal aspect just isn’t expansive enough in scope to rectify this problem for me at least.
I understand that the expansion will add a lot of content but as D4 is a live service game I shouldn’t really need to spend $70 Cdn for that to happen, should I?

4 Likes

Yea I think people are getting there hopes up on the expansion, with how the seasons have gone, I wouldn’t expect much at all personally