Tempest Roar Drop Rates

Other people may say that this is not a big, but something doesn’t seem right to me. My character is level 82. I have been running nothing but nightmare dungeons since I hit 50. I think I have done 2 helltide a on this character since 50. I mean LITERALLY 99% of my time since 50 has been in nightmare dungeons. I have not gotten a single Tempest Roar. To make things worse, I just farmed Cultist Refuge T50+ for 10 hours today. I got every other Druid drop EXCEPT for Tempest Roar. Someone please show me some math or something that proves the drop rate for Tempest Roar is right… This unique is crucial for 3 different builds for the class… it makes no sense that I have gotten over 15 Vasilys Prayers but no Tempest Roars…

2 Likes

Only Blizzard can say for sure, and they never tell.

They did say that the rarest items are EXTREMELY rare. I think only one person worldwide has found one of the most rare items to date.

It makes sense that some other items would also have a very low drop rate based on this information.

The dude who made the tempest roar drop rate at blizzard needs a punch across the face. I’m almost 91 and nothing. It’s a unique that has builds behind it. It’s not the ultra rate uniques that have crazy damage. Every other class has an easier time but the idiot at blizzard decide to make Druid sooo damn painful. Almost feels like they do this crap on purpose. Absolute idiots.

3 Likes

They do. I think the expectation is that only a small handful of people will get one each season.

No idea why they think that is a good thing. Sounds like terrible game design to me.

i seriously think there is a bug with tempest roar drop. almost no one is getting it after the last patch. yes they remove barb drop for druid but did they remove tempest roar drop too? have reached lvl 100 and been farming for close to 3 wks and still nothing drop. playing +12hours a day. BLIZZARD PLSSSS

1 Like

I got mine at level 94 a few days ago. Wasn’t specifically farming for it but it was in one of the dungeons with a lot of cultists while letting a few friends leech XP and drops. I had given up hope on ever finding one so it was a good surprise when it did

It’s no different with me.
It’s no fun anymore.
Playing the Pulverize build from the start is no longer fun. Bulwark I’m just collecting the equipment to have an alternative if necessary. I’m also level 100, now have all druid uniques over 10 times, except for staff and axt 4 times. But the helmet just doesn’t drop.
Certain builds cannot be played, which limits the druid very much. Super nice game, but this drop rate is ridiculous. So stupid…

3 Likes

I wonder how many people have quit playing druid because of this? Better yet, how many people have quit the game because they want to play a build that requires this unique? But I have seen nothing from the devs regarding this. They did one patch because druids were getting barbarian uniques…but I don’t think they looked into this hard enough or did enough testing…I have over 7 days playtime on my druid…no tempest roar. I created 2 new druids and had them boosted in Nightmare Dungeons to 70…no tempest roar on either of those…

2 Likes

Yes, I think they do nothing. There is no support and Blizzard only refers to the forum. Bad work in this point…

1 Like

In a couple of patches Blizzard’s fix will be to nerf the tornado into nonexistence. Then we won’t have to worry about farming it anymore.