Temper Changes = Victory Lap Confirmed 🏎

It’s a small step. It won a battle, not the war.
I read it as “we still want you to suffer, but sure, here’s something to say we cared a bit for the sake of PR.”

3 Likes

Blizzard be like

“Ya we need to fix the Loot system. People complian that there is too much :poop: and are tired of comparing bazillions of items”

“Okay lets rework the Loot and Introduce new better stats and a better overview”

“Ya great,but now this item system now lacks enough :poop:”
“Ya… hm how about they will have to temper and this will fail and turn good loot into :poop:”

“Brilliant” :rofl:

I guess blizzard is not able to make a loot system without a reasonable amount of :poop:
in it.

1 Like

It’s not about participation, it’s about dominating.
It’s not just about the principle of “taking part is everything” and somehow torturing yourself through the pit to get the materials.

Minmaxing is rarely about mastering the hardest content.
It’s the endgame to make the moderate to difficult content look ridiculously easy and shred through the mobs like hot steel through butter.

When we have leaderboard, it may change again. So that it’s purely about the highest levels.
At the moment, however, minmaxing is nothing more than the loving care of a beloved avatar.

So long story short.
The reason I max my toon is not to do 145 pit.
It is to do 101s in 2 minutes or to do 120s in in under 4 minutes.
Even a “Rathma Runner” likes perfect gear :joy:

1 Like

Don’t mind these bitter sad exuse of a humans Urza, I’m happy that your idea was taken into the game. These idiots don’t understand, just ignore it.

1 Like

It’s not about participation, it’s about dominating.

I mean i respect that if that’s what you want, but I don’t think always wanting to be the top 1% is exactly a sustainable and in some case, healthy, way to go about every patch. To most, taking part means having spent some time doing some tradeoffs, optimizing the build to an extent, succeeding in some moderately difficult content (I don’t think most builds have trouble dealing with moderately difficult content). Most people stop at level 100 max.

To dominate means the player is devoting an exorbitant amount of time to reach the very top — that level of time commitment is required even for the best build right now. And to an extent, not defending the devs, I understand that it is more challenging balancing builds that can level at the top 1% while not trivializing the rest 99%.

I’m not a very good player.
With dominating I meant blasting through content, not getting top10 world.

Playing a Rogue. Didn’t know it was good in S4.
I don’t need the meta class to have fun.

But I need some competition.
Without trying to be top1000 in any arpg or mmo, it is not fun imho.
Either I invest much time in a game I love.
Or I do something else.
I will not just play a bit for relaxing and eye-hand coordination training.
I’m sorry, but Siths deal in absolutes :rofl:

They didn’t fix it at all what victory lap?, if your so gullible they just dangled a carrot on a longer fishing rod and still just adding a extra step to bricking lol. Which as you will watch just anger people even more the one extra roll just did jack all but string out a longer torment. Don’t get me wrong they did some good changes in S4 but it always comes with a catch and infact you feel catfished. uniques are also terrible other than the few, like fantastic affixes but riddled with " this can only happen once every 20 seconds or the cooldown is increased by another 10 seconds lol it is just counter drawbacks and backfires - this is why no one uses the other uniques. For now im done, its time to take a break was a good 3 week run and will possibly check out vessel of hatred after the first reviews.

2 Likes

Yah my idea was 2 per greater. Im happy they did something at least. :white_check_mark:

I would like to have control of it… after all its a craft system…

We already need to deal with rng drop, rng with percentages, rng with item affix, rng with greater affix…

Yes, rng is a core system in arpg but didnt need to be in a craft system…

2 Likes

ITs still crap because it can still brick the item which is garbage and to be honest will piss people off even harder after bricking after 10 rolls because of bad RNG.

2 Likes

Not only, they also split the most tricky/bricking Temper manuals into 2 (I know this one for ex. cause I wanted to roll double Charged-Bolt cast)

It will be on a Manual that has only 3 options in S5 (as opposed to 5)

1 Like

You think this change deserves a victory lap? Jesus, please raise your standards. It is ok to expect more creativity from the D4 team.

6 Likes

It didnt get changed in any meaningful way

3 Likes

Pretty sure the people that wanted change weren’t accepting the suggested 1 extra roll per greater affix. If anything, us that were accepting of the tempering system won. The risk is still high to brick.

3 Likes

1 more temper per GA? That’s the solution ? That isn’t a solution. Bad game.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Bricking items needs to go:

Fought the good fight on April 5th and throughout the PTR about Tempering.
Then I blew off the Season altogether(irl stuff and game apathy).

I was suggesting 2x Tempering “freebies” per GA Tier.
Glad we got something at 1x Per GA Tier.
System is still… idk.
I kind of don’t care anymore.
Oh Charles had a neat idea here (link) and it inspired something.

So basically using his suggestion which I thought was interesting…

Pay up extra $$ up front - his “Quenching” feature - for 1 of 2 options.

• Option 1: Lock in Affix should you roll it - item still is open to Rolls until Tempers are exhausted but Players will not lose the selected “locked-in” Affix
    -OR-
  • Option 2: Lock Out Affixes. As Player rolls they can REMOVE Affixes from the Pool on a given item. Yes eventually they’ll get their desired roll but with limited rolls and 2 Tempering slots - one must use discretion.

Both ways maintain FULL RNG but give Players some agency and control.
Both can be a gamble as well - Paying more for a Tempering “Perk” but RNG can still screw you.
Nothing is guaranteed.

Original idea as inspired by CharlesJT’s post/suggestion.

Tempering is fine. Bricking is fine. More rolls for GA items is nice.

2 Likes

I don’t call that a victory lap. Why even have a limit on it? Put an increasing cost to it like the other crafting tweaks. Even six attempts is ridiculous to try to masterwork two options on a piece of gear.

1 Like

ya urza likes to take credit for other peoples ideas alot

1 Like

Bad news!!! The good temper affixes will be rigged heavier. Now you have lesser chances to roll a good affix. Welcome to corrupted Barblo 4!!!