Tempering - Quenching Process (Improve RNG)

I expanded on it a bit more clearly in one of Urza’s posts.
I kind of prefer the 2 option process that hit me when I read your OP but I typed it out from the hip and then after some thought responded to Urza.

I like the idea of Player Agency and some control - but at a 1. Much increased Cost and 2. Not a guarantee by any means - maintaining RNG.

One of the main reasons I want the “Lock-in” feature is it’s part of what many of us discussed in last PTR(early April) and it’s also been randomly requested by quite a few(it makes sense).

• Lock-in allows for Players to attempt to perfect an Affix Roll but there’s NO GUARANTEE they’ll see it again and might have to settle for the minimum.
    This is Ideal if BOTH Tempers have hit on 1st rolls. The refinement process can begin but once again - it might not happen - but there’s no “Bricking”**
    Above all else it’s Player Agency and a moderate amount of control!
    EDIT - **This CAN BRICK. The Target Temper Affix might never come up. I forgot to say this.
    It only “cannot Brick” IF the desired Affix has actually Rolled - this is more for the “Gamblers” out there who are willing to go all-in on a system when IF they get their desired Temper, they can Lock it in and attempt to Perfect it.
    There’s 100% no guarantees.

• The “Lock-out” feature is nice because it can guarantee, eventually, one might hit their desired Affix - but at the expense of 3-4 Rolls where ALL Affixes in 1 Temper Slot must be excluded or “locked-out”.
    This will leave very few Tempers for the 2nd slot.
    One must have “HIT” the OTHER Temper first or early to truly benefit from this.
    Again - above all else it’s Player Agency and a moderate amount of control!
2 Likes