Suggestion: Postpone HC race to level100 to season 1 instead

That way everyone will have learned about the game and have no unfair advantage like early access. Most EXP exploits will probably be gone too. This is the way.

17 Likes

I mean yes and no depends on your definition of advantage.

If you are playing only 4-5 hours a day you basically have no chance against the people putting 16-20 hours a day.

So there’s still an “advantage”

There is already a thread about this. :beers:

2 Likes

It’s the only fix to the problem Blizzard created. Everyone will have plenty of time to learn the meta/routes/strategies and get all the altars they need instead of a select class of people and their friends being privy and granted access who will obviously be competing.

1 Like

Hmm, it didn’t show up when i was making this one.

But then no one will buy the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition and FOMO opportunity will be wasted…

Also Twitter if you want them to see it.

Nobody who hasn’t already pre-purchased early access has any chance of competing in this event. Everyone who is super serious about D4 – the people who have some chance of making it in the top 1,000 – purchased early access weeks or months ago.

2 Likes

FTFY

Exactly this.

7 more characters.

1 Like

To bad i would have raced as well but i want to the Story and everything else first.

This race does need to be postpone. A lot of the people who got access have played the entire game front to back and one person even said they got 1000 hrs in it. So yes it needs to be postpone to give a fair field of play for all that want to go for it.
If Blizz chooses not to do this than they really wanted certain people to have a advantage. Only way I can see it. What is to stop them from waiting on the race to season 1? Just crazy they put themselves into this crap. Got no clue what the hell goes on over there.

Only people who want it and have time will be able to compete. Severely time gated competitions are pointless. Just like all the first achievements in WotLK classic. Completely meaningless because only no lifers could get it.

I strongly doubt Blizzard will postpone this event, because the point is to hype up the launch of Diablo IV through social media. If they postponed it, I think that would defeat the purpose of doing it at all.

Except there is no problem and thus no fix is needed

people take time off work for this. It is not like a new Diablo game comes out every year. It is a complete joke this is evening happening.

Do not use logic and sense when speaking to those here crying. They wont listen, it wont work, blizzard bad, p2w, boohoo, etc etc.

Just laugh and scroll past man, save yourself the time and frustration.

2 Likes

They have the privilege to take time off for a video game, but don’t have the privilege to buy EA. I’m sorry, but my ability to care about these people is extremely minimal when the reward is cosmetic. Also, isn’t using vacation currency? how is that different from paying $20. You could cash out your vacation instead of taking time off.

It’s not even cosmetic… It’s something that will be put on a statue 99.999% of the playing population won’t ever physically see, making it even more meaningless lol.

“Hey guys check out this picture of my account name on a statue at blizz hq, isnt that cool?”

“Nah, Im good”

And thats about how that will go

I think they should hold off on the HC challenge til season 1 as well, and yes I’ve got the early access.

The only reason I see Blizzard being unwilling to do this is because they are trying to get more money out of the game by getting people to upgrade to the higher tier versions of the game. They want people to pay more for the game so they put out bait to lure in peoples wallets.

+1

And don’t post a reply on every single one of the threads about how you’re so much better than everyone else because it will just annoy everyone.