[Suggestion] Delay the HC race until season 1

That is indeed the official rules for the Olympics, and I am sure the devs know what the cheating equivalent to those are. However odds are a contestant that is skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, etc. Will already have an idea of what the type of events/ games will be. Thus they will practice to that said information that is often given to them because they earned the right to compete in the Olympics.

You won’t know unless you try.

This has just as much possibilities as the current situation happening. I don’t know if it will because, that will just add further flames to the debate of seasonal VS eternal play. Not everyone will or would be interested to re roll a character on seasons and that’s even more so, on hardcore season’s because hardcore is entirely different from softcore.

This can’t be done within the given time of the contest?

What games do this that is AAA? Once you have earned you’re stripes you will always have inside information and special privilege’s. this isn’t exclusive to Activision Blizzard but with any game that have competitive scenes.

wouldve felt more like fair play that way. i thought about it as well but i ended up thinking doing it for season1 doesnt get ppl to buy the more expensive edition in any way so it wasnt as appealing to blizz :wink:

anyways it’ll feel a lot better for your first impression if you dont do that race. why rush your first time through , that’s a recipe to diminish your fun.

a whole lot of ppl are gonna get wiped between 90 to 99 after rushing mindlessly without appreciating the game. it’s a sad story.

like others have said save it for season 1 start and be done with it. its completely unfair advantage for sure but there can only be a hundred names and prob 120 people are actually going to go for it so… its only a big deal because there is nothing else to talk about

No they don’t and the fact you’re crying over something so pointless, this community never changes

1 Like

It’s about fair play. Someone who refuses to go seasonal at least has a choice. But at least they’ll know everyone starts off on an even playing field.

It really can’t. There’s a difference between 100 hours of experience and 1000 hours of experience. As mentioned above, I like to focus on Diablo 3’s season starts. I know people state that leveling tactics haven’t changed in years, but that’s just not true. Almost every season there’s been new strategies devised that are just a little bit better than the previous season, even though the tactics have been around for years. It’s just that no one has found them.

This is where I also feel people give streamers a bit too much credit. They’re more like news reporters than actual theory crafters. Sure, we all theory craft to a degree, and to some degree, yes, someone will come up with something better during the start. But do they do that at Level 9 or Level 99? Chances are at the very beginning, you’re just going with the accepted best knowledge vs choosing to experiment, especially if you’re after the rewards.

One of the games that shall not be mentioned on this forum.

Obviously you don’t think its a big deal. And that’s fine, for you. But people play for different reasons, and there’s nothing wrong with people who want to go after such an accomplishment, even if you feel it’s meaningless. But if you put yourself in their shoes for a moment, it’s immediately evident how ridiculously out of touch this contest is.

Seems like a good way for Blizzard to win over some hearts (even though you shouldn’t negotiate with terrorists, Rod really hasn’t helped by stooping to their level)

Been playing only hc diablo all my life. This should be a payoff.

Thank you.

It came to my inbox from reddit :stuck_out_tongue:
But I do appreciate you doing it.

The reason that I don’t think it is a big deal is because I can’t change it. The decision has been made by powers beyond my control. But I am going to compete regardless because with every Diablo since Diablo II, I have always only played Hardcore.

Next time you have a thought…let it go.

Stop crying and start grinding, you guys know what to do so do it. Buy ultimate edition and lets go. If not no one cares and nothing will change.
Streams videos to show HC fails its all they want, this is extra out of what will affect gameplay.
So is a race and a statue dont affect gameplay they didnt actually broke their promise.

Also life is not fair, people cry to much.

Grind mfks! :japanese_ogre: :metal:

While I agree with you, let’s make one thing clear, no one is getting 10 extra days. The review copies, like the beta, will not be carrying over and the early access is only 4 days. There should be no competitions until we have our first season. That would be totally unfair.

Although I don’t intend to take part in the race and unlikely to create HC character, I totally agree with this. In fact, the EA players will already get some unfair disadvantage against the reviewers who had 1 week access to D4 before us (they have experienced the game and will likely be able to get their HC to 100 before us) and we will have advantage against the normal launch day players, who will have an even greater unfair disadvantage against the reviewers who had 2 weeks experience headstart.

Listen they have been quit not saying anything Maybe its Time to go talk to Upper Management

I think all the complaints about this are silly and grossly over-exaggerated.

That said I do think it would be best if they waited till S1 for something like this. There will be fewer people trying as not as many people will take time off for it as they are for the launch but that’s the only real downside.

I bought the ultimate version, so i will have 4 days ahead… i also agree it is completely unfair, hope they delay the race to the first week of season one or something like that.

EVERYONE should have the chance to compete, we all have been waiting for this release for years.

are you high as a kite ? what do you mean they dont lol

Obvious solution that I 100% agree with, least damage done, pretty much all issues solved.

It’s not even a real race on blizzards end, there’s little to no rules and even though they could track it in game they want twitter posts.

Nothing is going to change because it’s for PR and marketing 100% pure and simple. It’s to get diablo trending on twitter

Invalid? They guaranteed it wouldn’t be pay 2 win and they are starting the launch with a pay 2 win race and you think there won’t be more? Lol y’all blizzard fan boys need to take a step back a think for yourselves