Stuck in crash loop after the patch dropped

I have an nvidia graphics card i am just now getting into the game an hour later after crashing for 45 mins straight, i don’t think this has anything to do with my pc and i’m just wondering if anyone is having the same sort of issues? i’m also constantly seeing reconnecting to Diablo IV in the top left corner while i’m in game. I also don’t have access to the social menu or my clan menu.

8 Likes

I am having the same issue. Since the patch dropped, I keep crashing. I updated my nvidia drivers, did several hard restarts and ran an antivirus scan. I also did scan and repair on D4 and it said it was fine. No luck, still working on it.

2 Likes

it crashed durring a pit boss fight and now i cannot get back in

4090 was running fine until the first crash, now i crashes on login before character picker
Post-Patch

3 Likes

I was in dungeon, and now i am crashing every time I launch the game… I can’t play anymore … crashloop…

5 Likes

4080 here and same issue, except I haven’t been able to get into the game at all, crashes at logging in every time

2 Likes

Exact same problem here too.

Same here. 100% crash cycle. Can log in no problem, game launches then after the two splash screens, the game crashes with 16196116-8272-4275-8AB7-20971F15B523 .

2 Likes

Same issue, killed Varshan, now I’m crashing just before my characters get loaded. Stuck in a loop. - 4070 Super

1 Like

My game is also crashing on launch. Got this error code 83E1B852-AEE8-4C27-A7B8-8AA17B13EC42. I have an RTX 4080.

1 Like

I have the distinct feeling they activated DLSS server-side and it caused everyone with a 4xxx series graphics card to crash loop

2 Likes

Yup, same issue here, Fenris crash. Running a 4080, have tried multiple resolves to no solution.

1 Like

That does sound quite reasonable yea

I’m on a RTX 4070, was playing a regular dungeon, on my way to collect Grim Favors, and the game crashed while I was doing the third part of the dungeon. Now I can’t get back in, as it crashes during signon. I’ve done two hard resets, the drivers are all up to date. I uninstalled the game and am now reinstalling.

I get the feeling these patches aren’t tested before deploying them. This is frustrating.

2 Likes

They clearly changed something server side, i’m guessing they’ll be changing it back soon.

Time for a break! Where did i put that girlfriend, honey!!!

2 Likes

Do you know of a way to disable DLSS in the file system?

1 Like

Sounds like a reasonable guess.

Game crashed during enchanting and now its crashing every time it tries to show character selection screen.

same here, i’m using a 4090

Same here Fenris Crash… Got a 4090 and cant even enter Diablo 4. Crashed before charater screen. Talk about a F— Blow back of a patch!!! Newest GPU on the market and they have a hard time make it work?! … No wondering this game has some tech issuies …

1 Like

Deleting LocalPrefs.txt from D4 folder in documents fixed it… i guess it was frame gen problem. Its off by default.