Stuck in crash loop after the patch dropped

I guess the reason is that the official team is turning on the Frame Generation function.

The Frame Generation function was not restarted immediately after the patch went online. Maybe the official is opening this function on the server.

1 Like

Same Here crashed during Pit run (level 75) now cannot get into character screen before game crashes Nvidia 4090 here

Ditto cant play crashing while going to character screen.

Thanks for the reports all. Team is looking into this right now.

5 Likes

4090 here. Can’t get back into game. Updated drivers and scan and repair did not fix. Uninstalled and reinstalling now…

i have same on 4090 but its not on our side issue buddy w8 for Blizzard to fix it

Reported fixed and confirmed with me (i Have a 4090). You can either use Nvidia Experience to revert the settings for the game or open * C:\Users###username###\Documents\Diablo IV

• Open “LocalPrefs.txt”
  • Find DLSSG “1” and set it to DLSSG “0”
5 Likes

This does indeed work!

went into localprefs and set dlss and dlssg to 0. Restarted game. Went into options and reset DLSS to DLAA with Frame Gen enabled on 4090 latest driver, game is working again after doing this.

1 Like

Thanks mate. It works like a charm.
delete LocalPrefs.txt from Diablo IV in Documents windows folder

2 Likes

This worked beautifully, thanks GDV13

1 Like

same, crashes right after it says login que

Thank you for your help!

I can confirm this fix. I turned off frame generation via GeForce Experience and I no longer have the crashing issue.

Thank you! That works perfect GDV13

same issue…i optimized the game in the Nvidia Center and start it from there…this worked and i can play now. Just clicked “optimize game”

It appears Frame Generation is the issue and the team is rolling out a change to disable this across games again.

I should note this is server side so it will change in the background.

1 Like

OH NO !

I hope Frame Generation can work normally.

Does anyone else have a big fps drop on map/paragon/skill UI with FG ON? its really annoying…

in general something is wrong…i have an i7 13 generation and rtx 4070ti an my pc is struggling on 80 Frames in high settings…before the patch everything was smoothe.