Stop with the Content Creator guides on official youtube

“guides” for a game that has not even released is weird from the start.
thats not even actual content, just some speculation with no foundations.

I don’t have a problem with the official channel featuring some community guides, but this is just asinine.

Sorry, but bringing the actual players into this is a massive demonstration of Blizzards culture and willingness to participate with the community / actual people who purchase their product and play the game

I disagree with ya here :confused:

You’ll see the same being done on upcoming games like StormGate, where they bring in professional players and streamers into their Q and A, such as Harstem, MaNa, Neuro, etc.

It’s their way of saying, “hey I value the communities feedback and want to make the best game possible for you all”

1 Like

I have nothing wrong with them doing that and promoting streamers and communities in other ways for sure.

I just dont like how the quality of the videos the content creators produce on the main channel, I know its a petty opinion but perhaps blizzard could even help in the editing process to make the video less “Boring”.

If i want to watch a streamers guide or video about information i would and i do,
My favourite channels lately for D4 content are mrllamasc, Rhykker and Dark Lore Dash.

Them having Rhykker in the q&A was awesome and i like things like that, but when it comes to a marketing video to hype up the game id prefer the classic high quality blizzard videos they produce

Ah okay I think I initially misunderstood what you were saying but understand more now, thanks for sharing that!

I’m with you I think their videos are kinda boring too. I think they’re moreso aimed at people who aren’t as enthusiastic as us and keeping up with the game a lot like we are? As in, the purpose of their videos are to attract new players maybe?

But from what I’ve seen in the StormGate interviews, their content is a lot more appealing to me and much less boring, and I’m not entirely sure why it is that way

I personally haven’t thoroughly enjoyed the Diablo channel videos which is definitely saying something, though I’m not sure what, as this game is something I am super excited to play. Maybe it’s just because I have kept up with the news over the years, so their news isn’t exciting to me, whereas a game like StormGate doesn’t have any news and only has these videos… so anytime a video comes out, I don’t know what to expect and most of what is discussed is completely new territory. I could keep up a bit more w/ them on Reddit, but I don’t. So maybe that’s what makes the videos more exciting ^^

How is a random content creator going to bring in new players or attention through diablos youtube channel though?

If you look at lost ark they do the exact same thing and it isnt bringing in any new players, Where as the videos produced in Korea are very hyping and bring in a lot of new or returning players.

Patch Updates for WoW for example are no longer done by blizzard but content creators with a script and im worried it will be the same for Diablo.

If they just do both then i guess its fine but dont have content creators do the cool new stuff without producing a good video the way they always do

Saying someone is in the minority is funny.

Lets see post with 170 likes suggesting a smaller druid would be a nice option:

Vs 37 like post saying they are strongmen and are fine

Wow, its crazy. 170 likes is the minority and 37 is the majority.

btw, both posts are a month old so they both been seen for a while.

3 Likes

Everything postet on this forums or any blizz forum or twitter or reddit is the minority. Hundrets of thousands of players are sane neough to not even look at it and simply play the game when it’s released.

9 Likes

You must be talking about zoomers not 90’s babies. Or you are trolling nice attempt.

OP is correct and I agree :100:

Please, less content creators and more content, please.

2 Likes

True.
This is all there is to it.

It’s hard to take him seriously with some of his opinions/jesting, but then you have to consider that, even if he may be a likeable guy, he is living an incredibly warped life glued to his PC in the attic playing different games all day and cashing in on internet meme culture. Of course his opinions on Diablo 4 will tend towards excessive accessibility and overly casual options.
I’d prefer if he didn’t bring his base of D3 into this.

Because of the way the algorithms work it will pop up on the timeline of anyone who subscribes to that streamer or anyone adjacent. Lots of people play games because a streamer they like tries it out or talks about it.

2 Likes

I don’t care much about what streamers/youtubers says in anyways. In the past i got tired of listening to asmongold videos throwing @#$ to WoW while for some reason i was having a lot of fun playing it, in other example i really like Rhykker videos years ago when he was talking about “possible leaks, hints” and all that kind of stuff about a new Diablo game, in fact i still like his content… Right now we almost have the game in our hands so lets make our own opinion while we are playing it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Woah there. WoW survival guides are done by Taliesin, Evitel and Hazel. They’re the best.

1 Like

In my opinion the original survival guides that did not contain content creators i have no interest in were far better and really hyped me up, The content creator ones fully put me off when they released.

If i want to go watch a content creator talk about a game i will find them on youtube by searching “Diablo 4” or by going to their channel.

1 Like

Hey!! I’m from 90’s and don’t need that crap. Are you full of prejudice?

I don’t mind as long as they continue to have the devs themselves update us with key info. I don’t see why someone would get upset about putting out a promo with a streamer. I’m in my 40’s so I know I’m not necessarily the target group for that kind of content - and that’s ok. It’s fine to adapt your marketing to the upcoming generations who do value that kind of thing.

People around my age forget that they were teenagers/young adults once too and they were absolutely influenced by the style of celebrity culture in their time as well, whether fawning over their idols or rebelling against it. It’s nothing new. For the current generation, same thing as well, some will be well into streamers, others will try to carve out their identity through hating them.

It’s not ruining a quality channel, it’s just not catering solely to your preferences

5 Likes

The more people know about the game, the better. Revenue, direct connection to playerbase, widespread marketing cap. It is good for collaborations. Players voice their feedback to create a better game for most of the population.

Generally I see 2 arguments for YT videos.

1. When it actually explain mechanics from game, which Blizzard did not really care to explain in detail.
    For example - not everyone knows how actually multipier in Lucky Hit works. Or how it’s procing works for sorc hydra with it’s multi hiting. It is Blizzard’s fault that external sources are needed - such videos I watch because I want to understand what I am doing : )
  2. I am also not a fan of social media and tend to miss what is announced/explained there. YT got me covered here as well.

It is a mixed bag, but fact is that nobody will stop creators from creating all sort of videos so what Blizz is doing is selecting whatever Blizz considers good.

1 Like

Don’t watch them if you don’t like them. Stop crying. Grow up. Move on. Get some help!

1 Like

I COULD NOT agree more with the OP.

I don’t GIVE A F*** about these people or anything they have to say, especially with the way they say it.

“Content creator”…

“influencer”…

eyeroll

3 Likes