Srs - "We're listening" - on these forums?

help me out there. do i know you?

you have 8000 posts, everyone knows who you are, you’re literally a forum rat/shill.

It’s okay though, baby, daddy blizz will give you the forum admin you so desperately desire if you get to 10k posts!

2 Likes

ah my bad. didnt know you are a fan of mine. well, thank you i guess?

8200 posts with a private profile – boy, you do want to be heard but not seen. Weird. You’re weird.

2 Likes

oh, im sorry, of course you want to see all my posts, being the fan that you are. let me help you, you can use the advanced forum search and filter by Usernames. That way you can read all of my content.

again, thanks a lot for your support.

lmao who would want to read anything from you – insane. I’m just pointing out that you’re so afraid of what you say yourself that you have to try and hide the comments that you make to the best of your ability.

Pathetic.

1 Like

i mean, clearly you do, hence why you commented my profile being private?

i just explained to you how you can find my posts. please try to stay reasonable. i mean, it doesnt seem to be your strongest skill, but i bet you can do it.

2 Likes

That’s a big assumption there. A lot of people out there aren’t reasonable, empathetic, fair, open-minded, etc and some are just looking to trash on others, whether because things aren’t going their way, they’re not getting everything they feel entitled to, to project their insecurities or whatever. Then you have people who always want to be right and ‘win’. That’s just reality. A lot of people don’t do what they do because of how things they are, but because of who they are. And people can get messy, especially in groups.

And people love to trash on those who have some kind of power over them, as if they’re the enemy in every situation and the reason things are going so bad. Just look at how all the employees talk trash about management in almost every job: tell them they’re stupid, incompetent, can’t do anything right, are greedy and don’t care about their workers – only their bottom line. Just like the players are to the devs on here.

We’re especially in an age of unreal entitlement. Some people can never be happy and are always complaining and expect more.

1 Like

It’s an assumption, sure, but looking at other forums where the devs actively work with the community, I find that the games have a lot more favorable outcomes. Blizzard has essentially shot itself in the foot, and they are reluctant to fix things, choosing to amputate first.

We are also in an era where the publishers and devs care so little for their customers where they are trying to do as little as possible while pushing the cost for it higher and higher, all the while saying it is the customer’s fault for not liking something.

Do they actually? Are they as big as Blizzard? I can see some indie or smaller devs doing it because there’s not as many players to deal with and so on. Just like, going back to my previous analogy, some smaller jobs get along because it’s a tight knit group and everyone is on the same page and respectful toward each other. One of the best jobs I had, there was only 12 people working there.

I’m not saying the company is the good guy or anything, but it’s not often that people get along. A lot of us don’t even get along as players, especially when we have different ideas and opinions. Throw in those who have the authority to actually make changes and there’s gonna be a lot of hate. No different than there is now – it’s not gonna suddenly get better just because the devs explain things. They already explain things on the patch notes and campfire chats and they still get attacked for not doing things the way players wanted.

People are animals dude. And they can get vicious.

It doesn’t mean that the main devs of D4 can’t engage with the players. Just because they are a “big company” does not give them an excuse to just fire and forget. They need to remember where they came from.

To be fair Blizzard never really engaged with the players that much (if at all) and they always got hate for it. Especially when MMOs came around and there was a stronger focus on communication.

I remember reading an interview about WoW, or an article with developer quotes, and Ghostcrawler was surprised that the devs didn’t interact with the players, and the devs said it’s not something they ever did – they were surprised that he wanted to.

So to go back where they came from is basically not communicating with the players since they never really did. I think they have been doing a much better job with Diablo 4 though, and WoW over the past months. We didn’t used to have explanations on patch notes or campfire chats with the devs talking to us and a Q/A. They didn’t used to tell us any of their upcoming plans or what their thought processes were or really anything.

Considering how many times people have asked for it, you would think they would consider it, given how much they are saying “we are listening to the community” and “give us feedback”.

And considering their campfire chats are a direct emergency response to how poorly the game was received, they are at least open to trying new things when crap hits the fan. Now they just need to do it when things are “calmer”. I mean, have Q&As on their forums. That would be an easy enough place to start. Maybe an official “suggestions” forum where they actually interact with the community. If they start doing this sort of interaction with the community, they might start to regain some of their lost trust.

Okay betty. tell me when i can help you any further.

The problem is getting any sort of accurate information and tools:

• Comes from players
  • Random streamers
  • Third Party websites

It takes an entire PTR patch note for a whole other season to even comment on what players already know but question - Bash Cleave Weapon Temper is stated as Additive and is instead not only Multiplicative, but an enormous Multiplicative number that makes everything else pale in comparison. You would expect a hot-fix for it and correspondence that at least the value should have been additive.

This is but one minor example in a sea of them. Rupture bug - cough -.

You can’t reply to every thread more like you guys rarely reply. lol

I don’t disagree and it’s why I’m surprised when people want X company to do so well and eliminate the competition. Why, so the customers get screwed at every turn? It’s only when things are on a downturn that they start caring about the customer, dropping prices, releasing higher quality products, etc. How many times has a game company had their back’s against their wall, last shot at redemption, put everything into it and made something amazing? It’s literally what Final Fantasy means and why it was made. Same with Morrowind. WoW needed to be amazing to break into the MMO market.

Unfortunately that’s just the way the business world is: they don’t care until they have to.

Well, with Larian and FROMSoft both setting big examples on how to run a company these days, my hope is that other companies might change to follow suit, at least to some degree. Putting a quality customer experience above all else will pay more dividends than catering to the lowest common denominator and running your game/franchise into the ground.

Things like that are more the exception than the rule unfortunately. Just like how Blizzard used to be gold standard when it came to quality and releasing when it’s done, being easy to learn and hard to master and making sure above all the game was always fun and weren’t inspired by mobile games. It’s so rare that when someone does something like that consistently it really stands out and everyone loves them… until they do something wrong, then everyone hates them. Like CD Project (until Cyberpunk 2.0) and Blizzard (until …).

There’s a ton of companies that go unnoticed because they don’t do anything special and no one cares. So we don’t see that they’re not communicating with the players because they’re not even on our radar.

Truthfully, I think this is starting to change. More people are starting to pay more attention to “the little guys” as opposed to AAA companies because they are seeing the dedication to the craft being put into their games (and the lack thereof within AAA games). You have more and more smaller games becoming standout successes these days (Palworld and Helldivers 2 for recent examples), and the more of these that happen, the more that AAA companies will be forced to change to remain relevant, rather than just the trend chasing that is occurring within them now.