Spiritborn Locked Isssue

We have become aware of the possibility where players could purchase a Standard to Ultimate upgrade without owning the necessary Standard Edition of Vessel of Hatred.

Players can fix this by purchasing the Standard Edition of the Vessel of Hatred which will complete the upgrade to Ultimate Edition.

Afterwards, Xbox users can follow these instructions below to download the final content package if you still have the Spiritborn locked.

1. Hover over the D4 Icon
  2. Press Start
  3. Select Manage Game Add-Ons
  4. Select D4 Base Game
  5. Select Manage Installation on internal storage
  6. Check the Vessel of Hatred Expansion Pack check box hit
  7. Hit Save Changes

We are investigating other platform related issues that others are reporting outside of Xbox.

6 Likes

On PS5 and having the same issue, no update available…

7 Likes

There isnt an update showing anywhere?

4 Likes

Absolutely no update my guy. Good thing we delayed this so “everyone could start at the same time”

3 Likes

Yeah what crap. Shows VoH is unlocked but can’t access it or create Spiritborn. I bought Ultimate. Come on Blizzard.

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps, but when I go to Playstation website and look into my ownership of Diablo IV Vessel of Hatred, it gives me an error and won’t load the page.

1 Like

That fix isnt working there is no expansion to select, just base game and then ones saying no installation required

2 Likes

There is no update available on Xbox One X, I have restarted the console, created a new seasonal character and if try now to create the Spiritborn is still locked. Also is still saying that I need to buy it but I press the purchase button is displaying that is already unlocked. Please verify if the update on Xbox is already pushed from diablo servers.

3 Likes

That was really annoying. Why didn’t it just update automatically like all the other updates??

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

There is nothing to install. The only thing under the base game is Standard to Ultimate Edition Upgrade, and that it say it doesn’t need to be installed, with no option to to install it.

4 Likes

this is what my account is saying - “doesnt need to be installed”

Hi all - Checking into this some more.

Just to verify, you need Vessel of Hatred for the Spiritborn on every platform you want to play Spiritborn available.

For example: If you want to play Spiritborn on Xbox and on PC Bnet, you need to buy Vessel of Hatred on BOTH platforms.

If you can provide the following:

Platform:
Version Purchased: (Standard/Deluxe/Ultimate)
BNET ID:

2 Likes

PS5
Ultimate
OrangeDream #11340

Playstation website throws an error when I try to view VOH page/ownership (it shows it separately from the original Diablo IV).
Console shows the download/game itself as the “Diablo IV +VOH Package” in a little tab at the top when I view the VOH game specifically. (Also shows Diablo IV as a separate download entirely). When I go to the “Ultimate Edition”, it acts like it’s a whole new purchase and wants me to purchase it like I don’t own it at all (I am afraid to hit buy).
Blizzard website shows I bought the VOH ultimate package on 6/9. It does not show the platform type.
Nothing to download. Game Management gives only language packs.

3 Likes

PC - Battle.net
Ultimate ( I have all of my ingame rewards, armor mount pet etc…
Kulis#1634

Xbox
Deluxe
Thundercats#11244

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Xbox ultimate bundle spiritborn class locked
ADS007-1108

Really? We need Vessel of Hatred to play Vessel of Hatred? That is what we have all been saying!

Purchased on 10 June
Xbox/PC
Deluxe
Jaeger4677

I can select the spiritborn on the PC version, but not on xbox.

1 Like