Sorc is horrible wtf happened beta was so fun and the game feels ruined to me

I feel Sorc is also kinda weak right now, specially Chain Lightning, I have 7 cl skills, full legendary gear and 1 unique, and chain lightning does not much at all, takes like 10% to 20% of normal mobs hp per cast, can cast it 3 times so nothing really dies,
I changed to Arc Lash now and it’s actually better, does more damage, no mana cost, but it’s really dumb in my opinion, why does chain lightning do so much less damage then a basic skill like Arc Lash, it makes no sense.

I dont really wanne play melee Arc Lash as a Sorc, but I’ll keep going with it for now, hopefully in late game it somehow changes a bit,
a basic no mana use skill should NEVER do more damage then a Core skill that uses mana, that’s just dumb.

Then I check some Barb gameplay for a min, and it literally spins to win a boss in like 10 to 20 sec, which took me like 3 to 4 min, both on World Tier 2, and he didnt even had as much gear as me.

It better be getting better at endgame, I dont mind if it’s like this now, but in endgame it must get a lot better, right?

1 Like

To:

Maybe they did?

So you need to try stuff to see what works but in the end just pick stuff that looks cool.

wut?

There are two ways to look at this.

1; All the skills suck.

2; I suck, and therefor cannot make the most out of any of the skills.

Considering there are pro’s running around speedrunning dungeons blowing them up using every kind of build already – I’m going to go with option 2.

I don’t think some of the players understand what Diablo IS. It’s not an action game, it’s a game with action. Diablo is a game where you start with low power; the game ramps up as it expects you to learn how things work inside the game. Diablo is a stategy game that teaches you how to min/max data and leverage strategy in order to overcome the intended restrictions in the game.

I’ll give you an example using another class, The barbarian. If you just get Whirl Wind… It’s a cool looking ability, but it’s resource intensive, and resource can’t be filled quickly using basic attacks.

In order to use Whirl Wind properly, you need to pick supporting skills. It just so happens you can use war cries WHILE spinning. There are two clear picks, Shout which taunts, and Warcry which makes you move faster. Warcry generates Fury. Shout generates fury for everytime you’re hit by a taunted enemy.

These two skills let you spin forever, and can be used without interupting WW.

So you see, people have the same complaint you do about WW barbs; but they are wrong. You have to problem solve to properly play Diablo.

Now that’s only step 1 in creating a build. Diablo is a game about ascertaining what problems you have, and using the itemization and skill point allocations to eliminate the issues.

1 Like

If you wanna see stuff explode massively in groups, put 1 point into Fireball and use it for enchantment.

Unfortunately ice shards is the only option right now.

2 Likes

The fact you can’t understand that “picking what you want” is in essence a completely different build baffles me.

Never reply to my posts again. You lowered my IQ by 6 points alone.

Using a different “build” and picking what you want that looks cool are opposing.

“Build” implies a reason for picking A, B, C vs “what looks cool”.

Pretty sure you started with like 3 IQ, mate. Nothing was really lost.

I have nothing to gain by lying to you so why should i do that?
So far my ice sorc experience is pretty good and I killed 4 butchers so far. Those were pretty tough though and I were almost always down to my last potion.
I am not saying that your experience is wrong just that this build worked quite well for me

No they arent? Build doesnt imply that at all wtf?

Build literally just means “oh hey i was lightning now im gonna try cold.” … you are reading 900 miles further into it than it needs to be.

L + ratio

That’s all cool and all. But you forget a crucial part.

Your correlation that because pro’s are blasting through, that means every single sorcs out there is a baddie, doesn’t take into account that a BIG component of that is luck.

Two people with the exact same skill and build will have DRAMATICALLY different experiences due to RNG of whether or not they get an early leggo, or correct itemization. Drops influence on gameplay and enjoyment is weighted so much higher than other versions of the game, and it is leaving a lot of people unhappy.

I am not for giving gear away free, but those that have a bad luck are SO desperately behind, that it feels like some tuning is needed.

I agree that Hydras and Sorc in general was hilariously broken during Beta, but anyone with a brain cell can accept that Sorcs need some tuning.

2 Likes

checking back in lvl 78 sorc yes it still sucks why does chain lightning even exist it is absolute dog shiz even with all the aspects chain lighting is trash, so trash, only thing that works is ice blizz flame wall ect and stupid melee sorc

btw i love diablo 4 best game in the world

yes!! its to fun wasting hours and millions of gold to make another build that cant even kill monster in wt4 u just gotta run till you die or use some trash meta build

oh and btw ice sorc kinda sucks in alot of places in wt4 cause most stuff is immune to chill and freeze so u lose 80% of your damage

2 Likes

I’m actually playing chain lightning sorc (74 lvl atm). My mana almost never ends and most of the time I’m able to keep above 100 mana and use crit aspect.
My chain lightning costs 25 mana (some mana cost reduction in gear), I have 148 mana atm (160 soon, at least 168 in few more levels), 4 mana is restored every time chain bounces off me, another 4 when I CC the enemy and another 10 when I stun close enemy. On top of that, ice armor increases mana regeneration. It is possible if you build your character around it, before that, well, use spark if you don’t have mana.

Also, Ice Nova + Chain Lightning combo kills entire pack of normal monsters with a single hit in nightmare dungeons, with monsters 3 lvls above my level. With Unstable Currents it melts bosses in few seconds too.

By the way, I got to WT4 at lvl 64 and started doing nightmare dungeons at lvl 67. I only failed one dungeon so far, with monsters being 11 lvls higher. I really had no issues with anything in the game so far, open world felt no different than in WT3 - few spells and stuff dies.

Never had any problems doing NM dungeon in WT4 with my two main active skills- Blizzard + 2x Hydra sorc focused on CC and Vulnerable.

Also with 2x Frost Nova, Frost Bolt Enchantment for extra Chill & Ice Shards Enchantment for auto-attack.

Just lay down 2-3 Blizz and 2 Hydras and literally just run around avoiding damage while my spells kill everything for me.

I’ve just recorded these 2 videos:

My gear is not perfect and my aspects mostly have low rolls, but I don’t see any problem with chain lightning.

This game is not hard mode; you’re just not understanding something about it. It can be hard, but it’s hard when you make mistakes, it’s not hard when you’re doing it right.

To be clear, doing it right doesn’t require you to play m.e.t.a. builds either. Most people who are struggling aren’t realizing that Item power is more important than whats on the item until you get up in the higher world tiers, in which case; all the usable drops are in the highest roll range bucket anyway @ 725+.

Your gear is trash, but it’s not an RNG thing, because if you play the game you can get any piece you need from the Antiquities trader relatively quickly. The antiquities trader is the primary source of Aspects until you get to WT4, in which case; it’s still the fastest and easiest way to get an aspect, but you’re not likely going to get the ancestral version of an aspect with obols.

Between the Codex of power, The Rare Antiquities trader, the black smith/jewler upgrade and the occultists re-roll, if you can’t get the gear you want it’s a you thing.

The only thing you have to farm to find are the Uniques… some can’t drop until you’re over a certain level, like the Harlequin Crest, you’ve got to be over 90 for that to even be able to drop.

I’m level 65, my barb has the entire library of aspects, there are’t any that I don’t have – you can’t say “RNG” because I have multples of all of them, and I had even more than I have, because I used a bunch and also stopped collecting them because I don’t need 10 of the same aspect in my stash.

There are 3 different tiers of Aspects too, they come in normal, sacred, and ancestral as well.

Normals can be used on any item. Sacred’s can be used on Sacred and Ancestral items, Acestrals can only be used on ancestrals. So you see, they designed it this way so you never had to break your build to upgrade.

Druids at that level are hitting 10-20x harder and clearing 5x faster

Than what? Sorcs? I’ve seen a sorc kill the echo of lillith in under a couple seconds…

You can’t compare someones character to yours like that in Diablo, the rolls, the stats, the skill ranks, the paragon nodes, the glyphs, the board orientations are all going to change your power.

I don’t think sorcs are in a bad spot, but I see a bunch of sorcs not understanding how to play sorcs complaining that they are underpowered.

Show everyone your gear. Ten to 1 odds in favor of it being user error.

You missed his point. Two people with same (high) skill won’t have the same build because they adapt to their legendary drops and build around it. Sorc can be built with just the affixes you can get from dungeons, in fact one of the best leveling affixes for sorc can be earned very early.

weird I’m not using Ice Shards and I’m doing pretty darn good in WT4