Solo players getting shafted. Its bounties all over again

“Only one person in the party needs materials to summon the new bosses in S2”.

And since loot is generated for each person you essentially multiply your efficiency WAY WAY too much by being in a group.

Not only can groups farm for theese bosses 4 times as fast, but it multiplies along the way to Duriel.
So assuming it works like this:
Solo player does whispers for 1 Varshan and get 1 fragment for Duriel.
4man group farm whispers for 4 Varshan in the same time frame and gets 4x4 = 16 fragments for Duriel. Assuming each playe rin the party gets a fragment on each kill.

The same goes for Helltides into The Galvanic Saint. So a 4 man group can kill Duriel 16 times while a solo player can kill it once. And since loot in D4 is not shared but each person gets their own loot, the difference is astronomical.

Also people will of course sell spots to theese bosses for gold, since there is no downsides because loot is for each person.

Once again the D4 team needs to go over to PoE and study how they do theese boss cycles properly and fairly with solo and groups in mind.

This should warrant a fix before season goes live or solo players will get fed up and stop early. I dont care how long it takes to farm to get to Duriel solo. What bothers me is the disparity between group and solo.

88 Likes

Yup, hyper slow bounties.

2 Likes

As someone who plays SSF I do hope they look into that aspect, but it also won’t stop be from playing either since I’m solo either way.

9 Likes

While I understand the issue, I don’t see how they could solve that issue.

Easy fix. Only the person who summons the boss gets a fragment is one solution.

The absolute best fix is and most fair is that only the the person summoning Varshan for example gets a Duriel fragment, and also the boss dropping shared loot so if a Shako drops in a party theres is a 25% chance that you can loot it. If they do that then the disparity of solo vs group is pretty equal.

12 Likes

That would cause another problem. Why would you play it coop then ? (and take the time to group with others, which can take a hefty bit of time)

3 Likes

Then nobody would group becuase 4 people would spend their time and only get the rewards of one person.

8 Likes

I dont see how playing with your friends is an issue, its not worse nor better. You just play together. It would still be slightly more efficient since party buffs and mobs/bosses dont scale enough with more people in the group. and its safer as well since you can res eachother during bosses, so less risk of bricking your Duriel fight.

10 Likes

It could be an issue, because a 25% chance don’t guarantee you an item straightly every 4 fights. It’s just round up after a lot of fights. But you can be unlucky. (you can also be lucky, but still). If you don’t want to roll the dice each time, you’ll mainly choose to play solo, which guarantee you an item.

No, since you can summon the boss 4 times as often it would be the same in the end.

3 Likes

On my end I would probably reduce the disparity so you loot more if you’re alone. But still have an advantage in a party (this is still an always online game, so it’s not like you “need” to be alone). But I understand that when you are alone, you need your time to not be 4x WORSE than party gamers. Reduce that disparity, but keep it existing.

if only it was 4 times worse. Its 16 times worse. Solo player has to play 16 hours to get the same chance at Uber uniques as a group of 4 does with 1 hour.

4 Likes

Indeed. This is a repeated disaster.

Require “keys” from each player.
Or as Esm mentioned, only the one using a key gets new key drops.

We dont need to get less item drops in groups, as long as fights are well-balanced for both groups and solo.
Like, deaths in a group should still count toward the max death counter, even if ressed
Monsters need to scale more in groups to take into account the various group buffs.
Etc.

Yes. If grouping was 5% better than solo, then okay, fair enough. A bit of encouragement for people to group up.
Not 50%, 400%, or 800% better.

11 Likes

Yeah this pretty much solves the whole thing, simple.

7 Likes

This feels like the intent though, people have been saying that this is basically a single player game that forces you to be online, so they added an aspect that actually promotes group play.

3 Likes

The goal shouldn’t be to drive group play with better rewards. Most of the grouping complaints I see, and my own, is the poor accessibility of grouping in game; meaning there’s no decent tools to do so if you don’t have a friends list or big active clan.

5 Likes

Yeah a group finder would go a long way. It just looked like that was the intention of the change to me. Hopefully they start adding more ways to group up.

And, of course, the 4 man group will more easily beat Duriel. Which I got the impression was easier than uber Lilith but not much. In other words most of the player base won’t be able to solo it.

And it’s not just these bosses. 4 man groups will be able to do higher level NMD’s faster and easier allowing them to farm the higher iLevel gear easier.

But yeah, they love to encourage/force group play because of this theory that players will continue playing longer if they group. But for me, the reason I quit every single MMO I ever played was because I got sick of dealing with random jerks in groups. Not to mention being forced to play the meta build and run everything the meta way (which I get as anything less isn’t fair to the rest of the group).

5 Likes

Why are we worrying about supporting group friendly systems, in a game that refuses to have matchmaking for content, because said game is single player, and matchmaking is unneeded?

Yea, i like to play ARPGS solo. But if i feel like my time is completely wasted i will just stop.

2 Likes