So, went back and actually played D3 for awhile

And seems they didnt learnt from d3 and seems d4 going the same way. So MAYBE d4 will be ok in a 4-6 years.

Maybe if you are smoking crack

Lost Ark is a P2W game much different try again.

If they reduced the legendary loot by 90%, got rid of haedrig’s gift, and the power creep down to gr75 then maybe.

1 Like

The answer is really simple. Let’s set aside all of the obvious QOL updates and bugs that need to be sorted out for a moment.

ARPG’s need a proverbial carrot and endorphin rush to keep players on the hamster wheel. They released a game that simply has no reason to keep playing once the campaign is complete. No economy or trading, no enjoyable pvp, no leaderboards or competition of any kind planned for the next 6 months.

They failed to create the most important and basic function of Diablo - a reason to keep grinding.

10 Likes

D3 was a mess for years till ROS.

D3 feels pretty good for a weekend once a year I guess. Not much outside of that though. D4 is just as terrible.

2 Likes

Now you understand why many of us have been saying D3 is actually fun compared to D4. We get ridiculed for it, but it really is a better game.

Lately, I’ve been getting into Immortal more. The PVE is entirely F2P. It does play more like D3 and shares almost nothing in common with D4. The game is filled with different events and things to do, and matchmaking is so easy. It’s crazy D4 doesn’t have this.

I’m really enjoying it. If you like D3, Immortal is worth a shot. And honestly, the cosmetics (though they do cost $) are beautiful.

1 Like

“but guys D3 has been in development for 10 years”

yes and who makes and develops D3?

“blizzard”

and who makes and develops D4?

“blizzard”

so don’t you think that with the 10+ years of experience from D3 that Blizzard would understand what the players want?

“I don’t understand your point because d3 has been in development for 10 years!!!”

facepalm

16 Likes

So what? We’re not talking about release D3. And there’s no excuse, none to repeat all the mistakes and failures of release D3. To not have learned from it and avoided the same issues is NOT an argument in their favor.

4 Likes

If they reduced the legendary loot by 90% you would be right here. In d4. Yes, the item drop is high, but the rng on item quality and then the actual legendary power roll is not. Haedrigs gift provides you with a set. It doesn’t make you powerful, doesn’t make it ancient, and doesn’t guarantee that set is even the meta set that season. When was the last time you played? Gr75 is not even the optimal farm level.

2 Likes

Finally a post that is speaking the truth. Season 28 slaps.

3 Likes

I feel like Diablo 4 is at least a year behind being completed, and it might be very good when it does, but currently its clear that its an incomplete beta test game

2 Likes

But you are, " D4 is crap now just wait 10 years and it will be insane " Go back and read OP, D3’s base story blows anything we got in D4 away. The Lore, Followers, Crafters, Dialog, Ive been saying it all this time for years on the D3 forums & mocked for it. D3 was just a masterpiece.

Issues with D3? What? The items? You going to slam Jay because he wanted rares to be good? Okay? Error 32? I’d love to see any game take the pressure for 20 million active players trying to log in. World Record sales & players BTW.

Issues with D4? Story is Trash, Class Balance, No Followers, Rubberband, Lag, " Ultra Wide Meta " Awful MTX & now…No future! The list just goes on.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you…

Agree even though d3 might be slightly better than d4 now, it took years for d3 to get where its at now. Game been put for a month and its just slightly behind d3. Its just behind d3 in terms of QoL stuff but they said it will be looked after over time hopefully alot less than what it took with d3

If Diablo 3 still had an auction house I’d be playing it, lol

The difference is D3 has had 10 years and multiple patches to develop into the game it is today.

At a base level both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 release products were vastly inferior products when compared to what we got with Diablo 4 release. This is largely due to nostalgia and people remembering “how awesome those games were back then” with rose-tinted glasses. There wasn’t much competition against D2/D3 in the ARPG market so standards for acceptable gameplay were low.

I think anyone who wants to say otherwise didn’t actually play D2 or D3 during their original launches. Both games got infinitely better with their first expansions, and I suspect by the time D4 gets a few content patches and it’s first expansion it is also going to be a very solid game that stands the test of time.

2 Likes

You gotta stop coping with the “it’s the release version of the game”

They had the entire lifespan of D2 and D3 to review in order to build better systems in D4, they chose the most bare bones cash-grab release approach you possibly could have written up.

7 Likes

You can do a lot of theory crafting with the SIX NEW aspects that we’re getting. lol