So no campfire chat in near future?

So, since having the last one in July, also promising to do them regularly and keep us up to date I see none on the horizon. Even tho, they had to shut down in game trade, other massive exploits going on and not to mention the plethora of issues still in or about the game, one isnt even scheduled. Although considering attendance dropped to a 3rd of what it was the first time I am not surprised they aren’t scheduling one. Not to mention they all have made themselves look absolutely clueless and appear just not to care about the issues considering they just laugh about the major ones. “Yuck yuck we will never do a patch like that again HA HA”

29 Likes

Campfires were a Emergency Stream with a fancy name to try and calm down the pissed off community. They both failed miserably.

Probably wont be anymore and Blizzard will just go quiet now

You can tell they werent real streams because the set didnt even have a campfire lol

29 Likes

And Ybarra dropped the mic with Diablo V.

Which means, “We know that Diablo IV is a failure, so we’re coming back with Diablo V.”

Which also means, a big F you to their own developers working on this project.

17 Likes

They can still make Campfire Chats, but they should just copy Bungie’s weekly “newsletter” TWAB (now TWID), aka “This Week at Bungie” (now This Week in Destiny since they have Marathon on the horizon). You can google it if you wanna know what’s usually contained inside.

No thanks. Those have been useless for ages.

2 Likes

You prefer getting nothing instead of weekly newsletter?

Probably won’t see one until they have something big in the near pipeline. Likely that won’t be until towards the end of this season.

1 Like

Given the current state of this game, they need to be doing comprehensive weekly or bi-weekly devstreams, not TWABs.

3 Likes

That I’m certain we’ll not get since it takes much more resources than newsletter. So back to nothing.

They need to make the effort and spend those resources to let us know what the future looks like for D4, both near and long-term.

I agree 100%, I just offer an alternative that is sustainable, takes less resources, and can be deployed immediately. If they feel like that they can make Campfire Chats regularly then great.

1 Like

They better just stay quiet. I thought I wanted to get to know them better but I don’t. :face_vomiting:

12 Likes

Weekly Nailclipper sounds better

lol…

Pretend at your work - your boss was like “ok you’re going on the air this Friday for an hour - to talk about what you do”

And then you did it - twice.

And after you did it each time, Twitter, Discord, Reddit, and the forums were just full of people making fun of you for the next week and a half…

I’d tell my boss no if they asked again.

5 Likes

They’re collecting wood rn bro

1 Like

They suck at what they do, they deserve the ridicule.

8 Likes

I didn’t say anything about that.

DV doesn’t really affect anything, except in your mind.

In all cases of Diablo development (D2, D3, and D4) there was literally years of zero development time for a sequel, then years of actual development time.

Ybarra’s announcement just means the first section of zero development time will be minimized. Even without it, you’re probably looking at 3-4 years out, minimum even if it were started today.

And also - plans change. They could easily decide to fold DV into an expansion for DIV, instead. Personally, I’d rather DV get a brand new engine built from the ground up rather than piggy-back on the predecessor, like D4 did.

tl;dr - Yes (of course) there will be a Diablo 5. This announcement stated nothing of value.

I can’t wait to try D5. It will be an amazing addition to the other games on the Microsoft store.

Is this really a hypothetical or are you venting?