Shard of Verathiel is a HUGE mistake

We currently have a big problem with the devaluation of core skills and the overvaluation of basic skills. The discrepancy is already huge.

We cannot under any circumstances have an item that makes basic skills benefit from the same sources as core skills. Shard of Verathiel is an absurd mistake.

There is still time to change this item to meet other demands.
My suggestion is to make it a dagger and have druids be able to use daggers, it makes more sense thematically too, daggers are related to rituals and this makes sense for druids.

8 Likes

The D4 team hears you loud and clear. In s6 there will be a new unique that will increase core skill damage by 600%[ x ] with no drawbacks.

2 Likes

Worse to me is I think the nerfs were in response to these new items being made. So most builds will underperform until you get one of the handful of super strong uniques then you’ll do 3x damage lol.

2 Likes

DEIablo 4 is not destined for greatness. Ferguson has made this clear: Game Pass, Store Dominance with anything creative, innovative.

We grind, they made the game so easy… to level to 100. No real direction, beside counting money, ways to get folks to spend.

Think DUMB Dog we just go. Is there a way you can update it, change it appearance without spending real dollars. NOPE.

So, my personal take, if these greedy folks do not lower the price on the expansion to just 20 bucks, I will sadly hang up my Diablo playing time, and close down anything ever to be purchased again from this company. Already did this with Madden, 2k, MLB, COD…

Greed is killing video games, parasites, aka grown men, playing to the masses as p!mps to the gaming companies… it is bad in ALL sports games, it is full cringe.

POE2, will be maybe my last true big time dump when it comes to gaming.

This is my stance, too each their own.

3 Likes

the team responsible for balance seems to be playing another game

instead of nerfing flay they are nerfing hemorrhage node and gushing wounds… things that affects all other builds, including rend which is not broken… then rend will be unplayable.

2 Likes

but with x3 damage you can endlessly repeat pit 100 instead of constantly repeat pit 40, which is ofc alot more fun.

Why not? I think the problem with the sword is just that it is too good because the resource cost isn’t high enough to balance the extreme damage boost. Why shouldn’t builds focused on a basic skill be a viable thing?

1 Like

They should somehow plug the interaction with Lucion i.e. make it so that the sword no longer consumes resource. That way, basic attacks should be less than half as strong as they are on the PTR.

That weapon is the only thing that looks fun in s5, I would say keep it as it is.

Fun is playing a RPG game with multiple classes and builds, not playing a game were class A does trillions while class B barely hit 2mil therefore everyone will play same class.

1 Like

Still fun, what is fun for you might not be fun for me.

1 Like

What is point of anything but basic attack skills now? These items are tier SS. Nobody will play anything else. 300% x dmg???

This design is a new low on awarenes, balance, and diversity.

6 Likes

I see nothing wrong with maybe a couple classes having a strong basic attack build, but it should not be top tier for all or the majority of classes. It just doesn’t make sense. Take Wind Turd on Druid for example, it is extremely ugly (aesthetically) and the most boring, mind numbing play style imaginable. It shouldn’t be “slap on way OPd bugged aspect and you now have the best Druid build”. It is boring and lazy design, the players that made this game such a huge hit and have stuck through all the huge swings at fixing the game deserve better, a lot better. When I saw the 50 new uniques/aspects brag I started losing faith in season 5 and after seeing the item in question in this post along with other either way OP or bugged items like Lucion my fears were confirmed.

The best thing that could have been done for us, the loyal players, would have been to extend season 4 and until the expansion releases and fix all the busted and worthless uniques, bugged aspects and interactions, and work toward something much closer to balance. How is introducing 50 new items and some HUGE 100x-300x multipliers going to assist them in fixing what was already very broken?

2 Likes

it could be, its all about proportion, a single target build could be stronger than AOE builds but the distance should be 20%, 30% not 500%

1 Like

Adam Jackson dislikes this. Every sorc for S5 is supposed to play chain lightning… or go and play a tone of sorc builds in LE.

The weapon is fine.

Shush

I think the root of the problem is the perception of Basic and Core skills due to their names. Basic implies the bare minimum, while Core implies something essential. To fix this, I propose new names for these skill groups.

Basic skills will now be named Power Attacks. These are the skills that do a lot of damage and are good for killing things.

Core skills shall henceforth be called Tickle Attacks. They will be useful for getting your enemy’s attention before you take it down with your Power Attacks.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

I guess, yes. A two-handed sword would be a suitable dagger for a druid.

Shard of verathiel is not two handed. Is a one handed 300% multiplier sword

They will do this too, the first 50% discount was already a month later, a year later the basic version dropped in price from $70 to $40. So you can wait a little, and on the other hand it will become clear whether it is worth buying it at all.