Shako: Dealer errors do not result in player loss

Vegas rules apply here. Players played normally, dealer messed up resulting in player gain, player wins.

No, I did not get one.

Stop with these posts and let’s get back to complaining about seasons lol

25 Likes

Not going to happen. They either roll it back or clearly a lot of us are out. The loot grind is the most important thing in Diablo. If they allow players who exploited to have massively OP items while the majority of us get nothing…well, they can enjoy playing with a lot less players. It’s really on Blizzard.

44 Likes

Didnt they only recently make rules against companies trying to make vegas rules apply in videogames?

It is really a matter of principle. Allowing the glitched drop to stay diminishes the integrity of the game and also diminishes the trust that the community places on the dev team.

10 Likes

Except it wasnt an exploit lol

3 Likes

This.

It wasn’t an exploit, it was Blizzard making terrible code and not testing it.

2 Likes

It’s eternal realm not season do I don’t think it matters that much. On the 20th playing these characters will be pointless.

3 Likes

Eternal realm doesn’t matter any more or less than seasonal. It’s all just bits and bytes in a database either way.

What happens next year when they release an expansion the same way the did the main game, with no season attached? Does it still not matter? The vast majority of people who played both D3 and D2, never played seasonal content. The opinions of those people aren’t irrelevant just because seasonal players deem it so.

5 Likes

I feel the same. I love this game and want to keep playing it, but if they keep these items in the game I’ll just stop playing in principle. Does me playing the game or not matter? no, it doesn’t. They got my money, so it doesn’t matter. It just feels pretty bad that because I had on obligation at that specific time, I don’t get an item that someone else got because of a screw up by blizzard. just because “it’s on eternal realm and not season 1 realm” as people are stating, doesn’t matter to me. It’s still on the eternal realm and many people, myself included will still play on that. It’s just a matter of principle.

5 Likes

The rule of law is bigger than vegas rules, especially when gaming companies must not include gambling.
The rule of law says that even if you do not know that you break the law, you are still responsible.
The devs must remove all items that were not intended to be dropped, that’s the only course of action that is acceptable.

1 Like

Even the most die hard person in our discord, literally the last one who actually plays, is on the same page as you. You are not the only one. All but 1 person out of our 10 quit or mostly quit. He is literally the last one standing who is now about to quit due to this.

1 Like

But it’s not “breaking the law”, first off, because “the law” is set by Blizzard (i.e. the coding). If government passes a faulty law (bad coding), then people take advantage of those faulty laws (tax loopholes for example), they will not get penalized by operating within the confines of that law, until that law is fixed.

In the real world a better example would be a GAME of wheel of fortune. Say the contestant (player) is half way done guess the phrase, but the game accidentally revealed the whole phrase by error (shako drop error), what’s most likely going to happen is that the show (Blizzard) will just let the contestant proceed because they were just playing the game as intended and was awarded outside the norm of THE GAME. Is it unfair to all the other contestants who didn’t have this advantage, sure, but what’s more unfair would be to take away that contestants money.

At the end of the day, it is the company’s error to the advantage of a few players, the company decides to let the player keep the reward. No other legal action can be taken.

1 Like

Exploiting bugs is breaking blizzards TOS (law)

1 Like

From Blizzard:

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating…

Nah should be reversed. Only the lazy and cheaters want it to stay.

4 Likes

As Woody already mentioned, exploiting bugs is against TOS and your point is not valid

Good bye then, nobody cares if you stay or not. Not even Blizzard.

I’m really excited to see where this ends lol. :slightly_smiling_face:

“Engaging in any activity that grants unfair advantage is considered cheating”

How do they get out of this? :joy:

1 Like

Playing Helltides and opening boxes is not an exploit, it’s the intended gameplay.

1 Like

Loving all the gambling and lotto comparisons.

Crazy that you have a better chance hitting the jackpot at a nickel slot machine or winning $100k on a scratch off, than you do at actually getting a Uber rare unique in this game.

Great design choice. This definitely won’t result in people that get the item selling their accounts for thousands of dollars, right??

2 Likes