Seriously where is the RAWHIDE and IRON?

Trying to 3 crit anything now is way way harder than it used to be in mat costs. I much prefer the old method to this one.

You hit 2 of same crit on anything you want u just keep the 12/12 no matter what it is. Takes too long to refarm it all.

1 Like

If you go to attempt to roll a 3/3 MW right now ā€¦what you perceive as a lot (20,000, really isnt) I assure you youā€™ll burn throgh ALL those rawhide before you get an itemto 3/3 if youre lucky, maybe you get it but you aint getting 2 items MWed correctly with those mats.

1 Like

The point is that isnā€™t fun. We play the game to kill monsters and get loot, not run around with my new best friend Subo and hit iron nodes. Beyond that, beats me where you can farm a significant amount of rawhide.

Honestly, I would have the same question. Maybe you can share your gameplay loop? Because Iā€™m spending my days doing HT, whispers and hordes and I dont have poop for rawhide or iron. Iā€™m not wastefully upgrading everything I see, pretty much picked one item per slot to grind on after I hit Torment. Iā€™m not fishing for masterwork crits, I just take what I get (donā€™t have poop for gold either). I have mostly 4/12 gear and anything past that takes hours of rawhide/iron grinding for a couple more levels.

Share your wisdom, oh materials master!

salvaging all items keeps mine at near 50k. includes blue and rare items

I donā€™t understand.

I havenā€™t been even trying to crit rolls and Iā€™m completely out of rawhide. Like it costs an absurd amount to masterwork and reset items.

Legions give nothing, IH give like 200ā€¦ Okay it costs 90 per masterwork level at one point. This is completely insane. Iā€™m literally now at the point where I canā€™t progress because the most basic crafting mat has absolutely absurd gear requirements.

Ive salvaged every item since the game started and Iā€™m almost paragon 200.

Once again another winning formula Blizzard.

2 Likes

Buff iron chunks and raw hide drop rate and make master working cost less ty

1 Like

They need to buff it asap, make it drop from infernal hordes or legion again idk. Do something, its terrible for masterworking.

1 Like

100% buff this asap!

I have been barely resetting masterworks, only resetting if itā€™s a totally useless stat for my build. I have also been salvaging everything since I started playing.

I just ran out of raw hides.

Farm! Just farm everyone says.

Okay so I popped a green Opal and ran 2 T3 whisper dungeons, it took about 15 min total time to travel to the dungeons, complete them, then turn in the whispers.

I got 300 raw hide.

It takes 260 to roll the first crit and reset. So basically thatā€™s half an hour of farming for 2 tries on the FIRST LEVEL of masterworking.

The costs go up significantly for the subsequent levels.

Statistically speaking itā€™s 1/5 * 1/5 tries or a 1/25 chance to roll a double crit. That is an ABSURD amount of whisper farming for one piece of gear. Plus my luck is statistically always worse than whatā€™s on paper.

So yes the current drop rates and requirements are ridiculous.

I have the same problem. I had about 20,000 iron, but I caught the passive on the amulet and spent it all. Now, I canā€™t even improve the ring or change the characteristics. Running around the world and collecting piles of iron, I got tired and I donā€™t want to play anymore. Everything that I accumulated over a year of playing was spent at once and I was left with nothing, no build, no resources.

Is that an eternal character, with materials built up before the update? Because if so, thatā€™s not the point. Start a seasonal and youā€™ll have a much tougher time, constantly needing to grind whispers for basic materials.

1 Like

Doesnt salvaging provide rawhide? Might want to try IH.

Season 6 is gathering simulator.

Wait though, it gets betterā€¦

You are given the incredible and prestigious honor of being allowed to play this wonderful game on the 1 good class available.

WAIT, it gets EVEN betterā€¦

On that one classā€¦you get to play 1 build.

Isnā€™t it such an improvement!!11? I hope to spend more money soon on another expansion. Maybe the zone can be purple this time instead of green.

1 raw hide per piece of gear lol.

I had more issues with gold than the mats but I just salvaged everything for a long time because itā€™s more convenient. I also donā€™t trade since they refuse to add a decent in-game trade system.

Now I started to sell regular items and just salvage ancestrals which I guess is the more efficient way to do things.

I would love to hear the actual % of players playing SB and the % choosing Quill version. ITs got to be obscene.

1 Like

They need to fix Obols to actually give stuff. And have whispers give insane amounts of that stuff. Then you could do a hellitde/whisper session for an hour and be good to go for a long time.

They need to do something so that we can get any resource we want. Do it like it was in the Infernal Horde, when I made a key, went through the horde and got 500,000,000 gold at a time. The same should be with resources, so that I spend time once, but get a chest with 5000 leather, iron and other junk. Otherwise, things are simply impossible to improve to the maximum. Resources fly away quickly, and they take weeks to get. No one in their right mind would spend so much time mining leather or iron, it is easier for the player to go play something else

https://x.com/PezRadar/status/1845989979287441713

in patch 2.0.3 they are increasing the iron chunks and raw hide from salvaging

1 Like

I have thought about this, but I have to spent a lot mats on the Evadeborn build too. After that I have to switch to the meta Orangeborn. So consider the investment could outweigh the output. i modify my Orangeborn to have better mobility to farm mats.