Seriously, no way to turn off other players?

Yeah it is quite terrible that you cant toggle on/off the shared world. One of the first things they should look into addressing after launch.

26 Likes

Where are these immersion people coming from for this series lmao.

We mostly keep to ourselves. Which is why we want to a toggle to turn off other players in the game. :person_shrugging:

36 Likes

nearly every time you rubberband, look around and youll see someone had loaded into your area. You like never rubberband in dungeons,

11 Likes

100% not going to happen. I don’t like it either but if it’s a deal breaker for you don’t buy the game. It’s intended to have heavy MMO in the overworld. They’re not going to change it. And especially not before launch.

It’s not even close to “heavy MMO”. If it was I wouldn’t be asking them to add a way to go private. D4 is the lightest of MMOs. Lost Ark is heavy MMO.

3 Likes

LMFAO at people dissing boomers. If it wasn’t for the boomers and Gen X supporting Diablo 2 for so long, you guys wouldn’t HAVE a Diablo 4 to play. Pay a little respect to them.

16 Likes

What’s the point having MMO features? Will you have players to be able to trade items with other players? As far as I know Blizzard have been very restricting this features.

At this point the MMO only add Lags & draw unwanted mobs to the area around my character that have been cleared!

15 Likes

Agreed, not to mention they are the ones that created this franchise.

3 Likes

I’ll be dead and buried before I respect the Baby Boomers as a whole.

7 Likes

Its not that bad, I met 3 in 4-5 hours of playing and they just passed by… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel a good compromise would be “IF you are in a party, you don’t see other players in open world. But if solo, then other players will spawn.”
You’ll still be able to party up with random people in town. Don’t have to be friends in RL or anything. It’ll allow for an element of MMO whilst also allowing control of who you bump into and where.
I feel this would be valuable for events in the open world. So often, I come in at a tail end of an event. Have NFI what it’s about and suddenly it’s complete and I feel no sense of achievement. What did I do? Why do I deserve this reward for randomly stumbling in? It feels cheap.

4 Likes

Same here. Immersion ruined.

20 Likes

Just for my understanding… when you say boomer, what is the minimum age that counts as boomer in your opinion? Just trying to have a common definition

2 Likes

There are a lot of problems with this game, but this one seems easy to fix. Having the option to hide all other players unless you’re in a dungeon or doing a world boss etc. would be cool. Another cool feature would be adding the /players1-8 so you can scale the solo difficulty for the brave/skilled. I feel like this won’t be feasible on higher difficulties, though.

6 Likes

I made a post about this too. Need an option to at least turn off world player name tags.
It’s immersion breaking and childish to see people running around with offensive names and “Trash” titles.

13 Likes

Didnt see them much in the previous weekend, this weeken they be all up in my shiznit

1 Like

Sometimes, if I get in over my head on an event, it can be great when others show up. I believe the loot you see is your loot and not others. It appears that way at least. So the old “steal my lootz” does not seem to be an issue. And like they say, most of this is really instanced so I can deal. I like a single player experience with a chat window, but that is just me.

1 Like

100% agree with you here. Making it optional, or even a toggle for names (or non-Diablo themed costumes) would make it more immersive.

An approach I’ve seen that I think works well is to have options:
Solo play
Private group
Or public MMO

I still have fun, and will play, but the experience would be so much better if I could just play with my private group or singleplayer.

12 Likes

The boomer generation was born between 1946 and 1964, so 59 yr of age is the minimum age according to Wiki :wink:

3 Likes