Seriously, no way to turn off other players?

I’m supposed to become immersed in this game, am I not?

Running around and then having random players attack the mobs I attack with names like xXnerfmanXx just pulls me right out of it. If I want to play with others, I should have to opt in. Diablo has always been a solo/coop game, not an lite-MMO. It also adds absolutely nothing to the game as it stands now. It’s just annoying af to be quite honest. If I want to take on world bosses or whatnot, I can invite friends, or open up my game for others. If I want to play an MMO, I’ll go play Lost Ark or WoW.

PS. This is going to be so much fun when they add tie-in skins like they have with Overwatch and One Punch Man. Gonna love running around seeing random Saitamas and Tatsumakis running around…

I seriously hope you guys add this option when the game launches. I don’t enjoy this at all, and I pretty sure I’m not the only one.

229 Likes

queue times made you guys a bit mad

15 Likes

I find if i turn off crossplay, the amount i see drops significantly.

22 Likes

“turn of players” no way shape of form?
what is this even? typicall boomer d2 andy… I hope blizzard goes full mmo

12 Likes

That is interesting and a good tip!

1 Like

Agree they must have a way to deactivate all the MMO garbage

47 Likes

calling me gen z moron
I feel bad that grown ups like you aged and still remaind that stupid acting like a 13 years old

8 Likes

Go into a dungeon and the random players stop being an issue.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this is much of an issue considering how rarely you see other players in the open world, and how most of the important bits take place in instanced dungeons.

The only place where you ever see other players is in town, and like… who cares? It makes zero difference.

3 Likes

seeing other players gets you a +5% free xps! welcome any and everyone that you meet

3 Likes

That’s what I don’t get, they already make every instance a solo experience, but keep the overworld MMO-like. I wouldn’t mind if I only saw players in cities though, just kinda annoying seeing them out in the world.

Just asking for a toggle, that’s all. :slight_smile:

39 Likes

I hate it. I want to be able to opt out. No idea why they force this. It will just be like Immoral was where you had to run around and compete for objectives.

57 Likes

People keep complaining that this isn’t like D2 or D3 or D1. People its a new game, learn it, adapt to it and don’t expect it to be like the other games.

4 Likes

they been advertising it as such for quite awhile now so its knuckleup enjoy the ride or out ya go. pretty much though i kinda wish they woulda had a solo offline as well it would help with all this que bs

2 Likes

It’s more like Immortal than D1-2-3. And that kinda worries me, but I’m giving it a go, and hopefully I enjoy it just as much as the three other games. Worst that happens is that I stop playing it and find something else. Not that big of a deal really.

Didn’t know that giving a suggestion and opinion would be so controversial though… :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

WTB offline play or friends only play

18 Likes

I don’t need an offline mode, just a way to hide other players from the world. The technology is already there, and is probably just a toggle for them. I’m giving it a go, if I don’t like it I won’t make a fuzz about it and I’ll find something else to play, not that big of a deal, really. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

All other players do is create lag, I havent really seen 1 benefit to see other players.

55 Likes

You’re the reason players want an option to remove idiots from their games.
Take your head out of the sand, step out of your bubble, and listen to yourself.

Some things were meant to be swallowed regardless of how nasty they are.

6 Likes

Ah, that explains all the rubber-banding.

5 Likes