Season Renown resets will cause most players to quit

Well there is 1 catch, i doubt that new Season elements will be so deep that it will be like new end game element for the game, because Diablo 4 at the moment has allot of issues actually. Its more like Mid tier half baked product, but story was great

I think seasons should make you start from scratch.

However, I wouldn’t mind if they had a different approach, for example, instead of there being 160(ish) altar of lilith, maybe have 50 altars(10 per zone).

Obviously you should end up with the same amount of stats/renown.

Campaign should also be something you need to do again to be able to unlock endgame content.

You underestimated how sick people are of doing filler content, that is just there to pad the hours played. You let us skip the campaign, as something “oh look at us, no tedious content”, but at the same time reset the renown that literally needs the same amout of time to complete, if not more xD .

As I am free to play the game I purchased how I please, I for one will not play Seasons and will not buy battle passes should any of the earned renown bonuses reset for Seasons, no thank you.

1 Like

They would just have to add more ways to get renown if they want us to farm renown again every season, like nm dungeons giving renown, world bosses giving renown, opening chests in Helltide etc, things you are going to do anyway,
there’s no way I’m ever going to click another Altar of Lilith or do all side quests again, I’ll just quit and play something else,
a game should be fun, clicking altars, doing the same side quests again and again, isnt fun, it’s just a very long and boring chore that I wont do again, ever.

1 Like

Yea, I totally understand, but I don’t think it’ll make most quit. I wouldn’t quit either, even though I find it very stupid that even the map of foggy despite beating the game.

Perhaps making a new character should have more options such as the obvious like skipping campaign but also:

• sync side-quest completion with the character who has completed the most
  • reveal all discovered waypoints
  • reveal the entire map
  • obtain all Lilith’s previously found

This way, those who want to enjoy from scratch have the option to, but those who just want to level a new character without the other chores can also do that.

Also, character from Season would be able to get these options before they’re fully migrated and this way, in Seasons it can be optional to partake in this, knowing that at the end, you have the chance to automatically sync your progress with your best character.

Redo all renown again and again is terrible, but also fresh start with complete renown will not be fresh at all.

The solution is simple: fresh restart and people gain renown step by step as normal, but at a certain point (e.g. complete all season specific path) the renown is totally unlocked as final reward of having complete the season.

I planned on collecting all the statues and renown on eternal realm only. I won’t be farming statues and side quests again for renown on seasonal. If they force us to do it, I’ll just have to skip that part.

I don’t mind clearing dungeons and fog of war again but that’s it for me!

1 Like

so instead of a story quests i have to grind side quests for renown? and even search the stupid altars again?
this would be the same bs as playing the story again.
no thanks.

Let us keep our renown and perks from this. This would make leveling way quicker to spend more time enjoying the new features. If this isn’t done i likely wont be doing seasons. Releveling is annoying, the renown itself is annoying. There is no reason to not have seasonal content that can be added to a game without requiring a new character every season.

Releveling could be fun but at this point is too slow to relevel all over again.

and it took you two weeks to get it, so I guess it wasn’t that hard. Get a grip, dude.

I levelled a rogue on softcore to 75 and got max renown then decided to roll on hardcore and was hella annoyed to find that i had to do all the renown again so i am praying that there will be no reset for seasons, or even more added as its boring filler content and i have no intention of doing it all for a third time.

1 Like

nobody said its hard. its boring.
you should read the posts in this thread.

2 Likes

well, i dont care what people says or want. i wont be doing stupid renown ever again. i’d rather quit the game. guess i wont be playing on seasons

1 Like

I wouldnt mind doing renown system again if its completely revamped every season, where you get renown by doing completely new things / challenges. I NEVER want to touch an altar of Lilith ever again and doing same side quests again and again isnt that interesting either.

barb 87 here, full renown.
Most of my friend already stop playing because of Renown system.
I can do it 1 time.
If blizzard aks me to do it every season i will simples play POE.
i do not know why this Devs make this king of content.
Not everyone want a boring grind of 30hrs, doind worthless content to get paragon points.

Solution: 1-Remove Paragon points from Renown system.
2- Carry Renown Acc Bound across Seasons.
3-Make it Easy to farm, like helltides, worldbosses and other events giving Renown

I really hope they do not do this mistake.

1 Like

map exploration only need to do 1 time… 1 time
not every new character that skip “Story/Campaign”

**Map should stay reveal, all way point, lilith altar, dungeon…
**Renown should stay collected !!! Not every new character reset Renown even though skill point, paragon point, hp potion is unlock for all new character on the account

100% - will not be doing the entire game again on a new character every season. I am enjoying the Rogue a lot, but I wont be rolling another one, or trying the other classes. I wont be doing the entire game again every 3 months … it wasn’t that fun and I don’t care cosmetic pixels.

I think the only thing that would make me participate if there was something like an auto group finder for dungeons and a lobby for nightmare matchmaking. I have played the entire game solo thus far and it is the complete opposite to how I played Diablo 1 and 2. I truly don’t like it.

1 Like

Im still missing 4-5 quests in each zone and then like 50% of dungeons in each zone.
And I’m already level 73.

Now, will I do this in each season?

LOL, hell no.
No way.
Nope.

1 Like