đź“° Season 5 PTR Campfire TL;DR

Also for the Q&A of the Campfire:

Campfire Tl;Dr Version

• PTR will be available from June 25 to July 2 for players with a PC Battle.net account.

INFERNAL HORDES

• New Endgame Content - Starts in WT3 at Zarbinzet
  • Slay hordes of enemies while earning Burning Aether to unlock powerful rewards.
  • Diablo 2 Fell Council makes a comeback as the bosses
  • Requires an Infernal Compass to enter
    • These can be found from Endgame Bosses, Helltides, NMD, and Whispers.
    • A Compass will be given to you upon completing the new quest.
  • Each wave of enemies lasts 90 seconds.
  • Collect Burning Aether during a wave to spend at the end.
  • At the end of a wave select between 3 Infernal Offers, each giving a Bane and a Boon.
  • Fight the Fell Council upon completing all the waves

NEW WEAPONS & ITEMS

• 50 New Uniques & Legendaries (combined not individual categories)
  • 10 Uniques and 20 Legendaries can be target farmed in the new Infernal Hordes content.

QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES

• No longer need to reset the dungeon to replay the same boss.
  • Varshan now requires only Malignant Hearts (all other body parts have been removed from the game)
  • Beast in Ice No longer requires a separate crafted Sigil.

• HELLTIDE & WHISPERS
    • Should be enough whispers during a Helltide to earn 10 Grim Favors.
    • Adjusting Baneful Heart drop rates as they were dropping too frequently.

• LOOT REWARDS
    • Resplendent Sparks awarded for defeating Tormented bosses is now earned separately between HC and non-HC.
    • Unique and Mythic Unique Items can now be acquired through Whisper Caches, the Purveyor of Curiosities, and Tortured Gifts in Helltide.

• TREASURE GOBLINS
    • Loot quality has been improved.
    • Now drops Elixirs, Common Ore, Herbs, Leather, Gem Fragments, and more gold.
      • WT3 and 4 they now drop Forgotten Souls.
      • 10/20/30% chance to drop 1-2 Scattered Prisms in WT 1 & 2 / 3 / and 4 respectively.

• WEAPONS
    • Allowing more classes to use different weapon types.
      • Druids - 2H polearms, 1h swords, daggers
      • Sorc - 1h swords, and maces
      • Necro - all swords and axes
    • Changes have been made to the innate affixes found on weapons as well.

FUTURE ACCESSIBILITY ITEMS
Please note these are a work in progress and will not be available for S5 upon release. They will be released at a later date.

• Auto-Pin
    • Upon selecting a quest, a pin is automatically dropped on your map.

• Audio Navigation Assistance
    • Turning this feature on will give players spatial audio pings that direct the player toward their placed on the overworld map. Recommended to use headphones.

• Compass
    • Enables on-screen HUD elements that circle around the player and point toward their pin.

Obviously this is not everything, please use the links above for more details which also includes the patch notes as well.

9 Likes

Call it the Season of Diablo 3. I see lots of ideas that come from Diablo 3. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate it.

1 Like

These dudes can’t be playing the game, thinking no one is hoarding items because of the bricking lol, we hoard even more because we know they are going to brick… How are they this out of touch with the game? And item reworks look cool but I hope they buff all skills for every class also

3 Likes

I’m actually sad that Beast in the Ice is getting changed into a more standard dungeon.

Really liked the fact it was different, gave some much needed diversity to content (plus getting glyph exp didn’t hurt).

Rest of the changes sound great! Even if some sound like stop-gap measures (like the tempering rolls for GA)

I wonder if this will have a knock on effect of making poison from enemies function like most other DoTs. Right now poison appears to do at least twice the damage it should against the player.

They missed a major chance at making helltides feel 1000% better by not making cinders roll over. Hearts do, but not cinders. There was a reason players had virtually universal praise for the blood harvest events - neither currency there reset. Ever.

the biggest problem with beast in the ice being a nmd sigil was the 4 lives. tormented beast was like an automatic no go for a group. dont want to risk wasting stygian stones due to wiping

This is something that is sorely needed for the game (the variety, not the changes to a “normal” dungeon).

The entire dungeon system is garbage in this game, and needs a drastic overhaul.

2 Likes

Grizzly Rage
“Now - Shapeshift into a Dire Werebear for 10 seconds” …
" Kills extend the duration by 1 second, but the duration cannot go above 10 seconds."

Um

They are finally, finally, after I did 87343487 suggestions about that, giving BOWs a Critical Strike Damage inherent affix, that’s a victory!

1 Like

I would have love to have heard them say they were removing the pointless fetch quests inside dungeons. I want to slay monsters, not fetch things to put on pedestals. Slay monsters, kill boss. Not a difficult concept.

Yeah, that’s a head scratcher there. Like what are they doing, nerfing the crap out of the baseline duration and calling it a buff with the extension per kill?

1 Like

I wouldn’t even mind those…if there was variation throughout. The absolute mind-numbingness of the dungeons is one of the two big things that turned me off this game completely. The other thing they have said they have zero interest in fixing (player-driven character progression) Other things were minor, even items, honestly. But those two things being so utterly terribly implemented, with no sign of improving, just made me move on.

They have full patch notes. And I have already posted two summaries which quickly got deleted. And since I am not reading all that. Did they fix the early game to make it more exciting?

Nope. Still the same old game. Try again next season…

2 Likes

its all in here

It is now. Thank you though. :+1:

Great patch notes. I can actually read those.

I will not personally be testing the game until I see improvements from the base game that isn’t just itemization or skill balance. I would be hard after making the journey better, though. Keep at them. Don’t settle for a poor game. The actual world is still boring.

1 Like

Ill probably blast season 5 for a week or two like I did season 4, no way in hell im buying the expansion in this shape though!

1 Like

Yup. After I have seen how “feedback” has been taken in and responded to since the beginning, it makes zero sense to playtest their game for them more. I continue to wait as well. They have more than enough information on how to make a decent game. They have yet to implement any of it. Maybe season 6. :roll_eyes:

It only took a year for them to actually be in a decent state. Not amazing, just decent. What a joke of a company.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even put it at “decent”, honestly. It is still mediocre, without any indication that they are making it “better”.

3 Likes