Season 4 summoning necro

So with all the changes and the necro buffs do you think a pure summoning necro will be viable in season 4?

They increased the stat sharing from 30% to 100% that’s a huge buff by itself but they also now made bone skeletonscat bone spear if its on your bar. These alone make it seem like summoners could actually be good this time.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

A lot of the performance of builds (for all classes) to date has been about bugs and unintended interactions and this patch has the potential to introduce a ton of that stuff.

What to be excited about is minion builds seem like they’ll have a much higher amount choice. Feels like there is now the possibility for multiple types of minion builds and minions have the possibility of not just being add ons to other builds but rather their own thing now.

1 Like

I will be doing a minio/thorns build for the necro in S4.

Just looks like fun.

3 Likes

With the full stat transfer do you really need thorns?

Asking because i wanna do summoning necro and want ideas lol

1 Like

Yes…cuz i want to. :joy:

I was more meaning is it really needed as a base line like it is now. If you dont have thorns now minions are nothing

First thing I’m testing out with the PTR is a minion build, I got a few ideas I’d like to mess with. Should be fun.

1 Like

This is my plan to. With the stat conversion changes + the mendeln ring changes, and just a slew of other changes. There is a lot I want to test and mess around with on necro.

1 Like

I’ll be starting minion and, yes, the Priest buffing the player and the Bone Mages casting Bone Spear stood out

Not sure if that is the build I’d do as Cold Mages also seem quite good

yes they will be viable, as they are viable now… just slow and weak, which is not much fun.

You can clear NMV100’s with butcher, Son of Malphas in as well as doing uber lilith in season 3. It just needs a lot of gear and is quite slow.

Season 4 will be a huge spike in power and far more interesting skill design which is amazing!

1 Like

viable? if you mean playable for the most content, probably.
but it’s very clear a regular necro build will be better.

Idk giving skellies the ability to cast bone spear would seem helpful especially if the level of the skill transfers

Can’t really say either way until we can get on the ptr.

If Bone Spear is still extremely strong and the minions cast it at the same strength as the one on your bar - that would be pretty powerful IMO. Even if the minion AI is still poor (they said it’s better) just having multi shot bones would be very strong.

Instead of it being a lucky hit proc for your minions to explode x% amount of dmg, it’s going to happen every 6th attack from each minion.

The problem with Mendeln is that it was never based on Minion stats, but rather the players’ stats. So things like +Minion Damage never increased it. It’s unknown if that’s changed or not, but it seems unlikely to have.

Every 6th attack is an improvement as it will at least function with Player Attack Speed and Minion Attack Speed. Does the Ring still have Lucky Hit as an affix? It’s not needed now and should be replaced.

1 Like

Haven’t played in a while. Did Necro ever get any love on the movement skill front? Played to like 50 once and seemed kinda slow, but that was like S0/1.

Even if the ring effect it’s self is changed, the lucky hit affix on the ring will still be useful since lucky hit is sill a good stat for builds, even minion. We may end up seeing different kinds of minion builds as well that will utilize lucky hit also. Just have to wait for ptr to mess around with things

My favorite changes

• Blood Mist: Normal speed
  • Golem: Player is Unstoppable, activable when CC-ed
  • Inspiring Leader: While Healthy, gain 4/8/12%[+] Crit Chance + Minions gain 6/12/18%[+] Crit Chance (Minions inherit your crit ch bonus + get an additional crit ch bonus)

• Skeletal Warriors run ahead and initiate combat :grinning:
  • Skirmishers: Always crit when you crit
  • Reapers: Wind-up = 3s CDR for 1 Skill (Ex: Army of the Dead)
  • Defenders: Taunts
  • Defenders: -99% damage taken
  • Shadow Mages: Attacks pierce
  • Shadow Mages: You deal 3%x increased damage for each active Shadow Mage
  • Cold Mages: Apply Vulnerable
  • Bone Mages: 25% chance Bone Splinters / Spear if on skill bar (Passive Bone Spear: 5 Mages x 25% = 125%)
  • Bone Golem: Spawn 5 Corpses (Like D3)
  • Bone Golem: Bone Spikes when taking damage (Bone Spikes Damage ?)
  • Iron Golem: Pulls enemies

• Unyielding Commander Aspect : While Army of the Dead active, Minions +70-84% dmg + -90% damage taken (Build: Thorns Reapers: Reapers: 7 x 3s = 21s CDR AotD, Hectic Aspect: 4s CDR AotD, increased damage good for Thorns)
  • Of the Damned: 40-50%x increased Shadow damage to cursed enemies (Ex: Vampiric Curse)
1 Like

The same here + Shadow Damage Over Time from Exploding Corpses. But we have to use 1-handed weapon and shield because we need as more free space for Aspects as possible.