S6 was fun for a week

I’m not being sarcastic either, I did enjoy completing all the content. But it feels way too much like D3. Not just from the copy and paste mechanics and content, but there’s not much to do after 1 week of playing just like D3. I did all the content and bosses on T4. Got all my glyphs to 100, paragon 240.

In D3, I didn’t play every season, and the odd time I would play an extra week or two to complete GR150, but there’s no incentive or enough fun factor wanting me to push Pit 150 in D4. The rest of my power comes from paragon and playing the RNG slot machine at the Blacksmith with Tempering and Masterworking which is terrible game play.

I don’t want increased drop rates on mythics or ancestrals or even faster paragon progression. Players don’t realize the easier we make things for ourselves, the faster we quit and stop playing. But there needs to be something fun to strive for that improves our characters that we want to stick around for. The added activities and improving the PIT has made D4’s gameplay a lot more fun. But the RNG at the Blacksmith is not fun and unfortunately it’s the most important way to improve your character in the late end game. The RNG has to always come from item drops.

Not sure how, but Blizzard really needs to change tempering and masterworking. Tempering and Masterworking should be more difficult and also require runes, up to Legendary runes, BUT, then we should be able to choose which affix we want to improve removing the RNG from the Blacksmith. This would be a fair tradeoff.

The RNG should be from trying to find the runes like in D2. This would make runes way more valuable, improve the trading community, and put the RNG solely on the item drops and not rerolling stats at the blacksmith a billion times hoping you get lucky.

26 Likes

I agree. It seems S5 lasted way longer than S6 will. Maybe it is because of Spiritborn 1-shotting everything. In season 5 I had fun much longer than I had in D3. It was fun for at least 5 weeks. I already know I will not do 5 weeks in S6 unless they come with a balance patch and can go back to my beloved Barb.

4 Likes

yea its still rather fast. Yet people complain how hard it is to gear up lol.

im all for stuff being more rare. but i also know this wont happen as people would lose their brains here.

2 Likes

I think you people that steamroll the content in a few hours are the exception to the rule. Most people play the game normally and it takes weeks to do what you do in hours.

15 Likes

This. People with loads of free time who gulp down content like soda will always be bored in a week or two.

3 Likes

This is very true, agreed. But I look at it from this perspective. If there’s something that’s not fun like bricking items, or getting bad masterworking rolls, and putting the RNG on a button we click…

Imagine how annoying that is to the casual who doesn’t have as much time to play and overcome these roadblocks when trying to improve their characters. This isn’t about catering to those with our without a lot of time, it’s about improving it for everyone.

3 Likes

there is a rather big gap between people who get stuff done in a week, and people who cant play that much. I mean even the most casual bob doesnt need 2 months for a season right now.

runes are an expansion only feature though.

You arent done till paragon lvl 300. Im at 250. I cant see pits anymore. Maybe i switch to hordes for a while. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I feel like you’re probably past the point of being able to enjoy video games if you’ve already done everything that fast. I’m struggling with horrible drops, no where near enough mats, unable to survive in T3 because of the lack of drops and mats. All of my seasonal rewards are done but I don’t have enough gear to survive T3? It’s not my builds, I know how to use the Internet.

I’ve played a solid 5 days, all day long, constant repetitive horrible worthless drops nonstop. You are almost definitely a minority, and I might be too, but tailoring the game for someone that’s as good as you won’t be good for anyone else.

2 Likes

It’s a casual game for casual players. There are games out there better suited for no lifers - perhaps try one of those.

Personally speaking, I like the pace of D4, but to each their own.

3 Likes

There are solutions around this.

S5 I got 2 or 3 days per character. So this is much improved in that regard.

Yes the Spiritborns are going to get bored quick and why start different classes on new characters when they are going to be 10,000 times weaker? Good job Blizzard. You put the ingredients in and made this crap cake. Now you get to eat it.

5 Likes

you say rng has to always come from item drops yet you don’t want better ancestral and mythic drop rates? that doesn’t make sense. I understand what you meant though, but still think you are wrong, we need more and better drops precisely because of how rng works.

Improving the RNG of it, absolutely, the rest is so obnoxiously hateful that it makes your whole post sound like a troll. I’m literally incapable of imprinting aspects because I don’t have enough mats because all of my tempers roll wrong. Not just low rolls, but wrong. 40 rawhide to roll for a temper, 120 to socket, but unique items salvage for 2? GTFO out with that.

2 Likes

Hah so you rolled a SB.

This is awesome, I was literally just talking about how in a week, no more than 2, everyone playing a SB was going to be complaining about how they were bored because they completed a months worth of content in a few days.

Congrats you won, you played a character that did 10,000% more damage than the other classes and the game is over.

Another guy was saying he had something like 15 mythics and the drop rate was too high after farming T4 bosses for 2 days straight.

Hilarious.

5 Likes

I think people misunderstood the reason for this post. It’s not to complain about the lack of content, I think they did a great job adding new activities, improving some old ones, and giving us a reason to do them all. D2 had literally no end game activities aside from Uber Tristram, and people played it endlessly farming amazing items and runes because of how valuable these things were.

This post is to show that like D3, this game doesn’t give us a good reason to continue to play until Paragon 300 or push higher pits. Since they made tempering and masterworking a way to improve our gear, the late end game gear progression is pressing an RNG button over and over at the blacksmith in town and hoping for the desired result you want. That is not great gamplay for anyone, including casuals who have limited time.

3 Likes

Season 6 is starting to feel like a mobile game. Check the Den daily, do the raid weekly. Run one dungeon to get certain materials, then head to another dungeon for different materials. Oh, and if you’re missing something to craft, you’ll need to repeat it 10 times just for a chance to get it.

1 Like

And that’s okay. Different strokes for different folks!

After early S0 through S1, the devs heard the feedback that the vast majority of players wanted a faster game. And so we now have the spiritual successor to D3.

If you want another experience, Souls like games are a plenty and D2 Reborn exists for the Diablo with slower, more methodical gameplay.