S5 is a skip for me

Short season, zero interesting new mechanics, across the board nerfs to nearly every build.

I don’t mind balancing, but when devs tell me Pulverize gets buffed but actually deals less damage than on Live, something is wrong. Don’t pee on my leg and tell me how great the rain feels.

I’ll get a character to 100 to complete the BP and be done in a week of casual play. Sorry devs, just no interest in what S5 is bringing.

PS - I feel badly for Sorcs. Fix your mess, Blizzard.

75 Likes

This game is such a disappointment.

21 Likes

I’m enjoying S4. But S5 isn’t appealing, especially when they are dangling S6/Expansion so soon.

9 Likes

Disappointment is the only thing blizzard buffs.

28 Likes

Unless there are massive improvements from the Ptr feedback, for me too.

I’ll also wait to buy the add-on until after release.

11 Likes

When I saw the season 5 PTR is bad and a waste of time. I am happy.
First, I haven’t bought the expansion and won’t play season 5.
Second, I will have time to work and enjoy my life.
Third, I don’t have to think about this D4 dissapoitment and crap and the philosophy of the Deb’s team!

3 Likes

Well said brother, its like dumping that abusive partner at this point.

3 Likes

Over 1 year and still no ability to communicate and form groups in game with each other, yeah I’m out, this game is a disaster.

6 Likes

Yes if not completely overhauled S5 will be a bigger flop than S3. They knew what they were doing. They buffed up S4 got everyone excited then launched the expansion trailer to try and sucker people in before all the nerfs to fun. GG Blizzard this Diablo IV super fan is not falling for it this time…

8 Likes

I know Shivera is mainly a Barb enjoyer and we have had disagreements, but I share their sentiments entirely.

It is a disaster, uninspired and just boring. The sheer amount of colossal work that would need to go into this I feel they can’t get done, or especially right, in such limited time.

D4 is a mess, maybe VoH will do it good… but I highly doubt it after seeing what the D4 team is doing. Season 5 will be a pass from me, probably also VoH.

2 Likes

I actually like Pulv/Bear Druid. Minion Necro is 2nd to me, then Barb. My favorite Barb skill is actually Charge - it just feels good, so I had some fun in S3. I still use Charge in S4.

I like Upheaval, too - but the animation is janky, and it doesn’t feel good. I wouldn’t play Upheaval even if it did eleventy billion damage without skill/animation changes.

For me, it’s mainly about playing what I enjoy, and what’s relatively workable in the game. S5 just doesn’t feel right for anything I want to play, except Minion Necro.

1 Like

my favorite build is leapquake. they nerfed rumble to 30% cap so the season 5 will be an easy hard pass for me.

3 Likes

Feel the same way. Have played all seasons so far and there is nothing I find appealing about season 5 so far. I logged into PTR played for a bit and just lack the motivation to dive into it. They are losing all the momentum they gained in season 4 IMO.

6 Likes

Same here, I will be skipping season 5 and 6 also. No interest in the new class since it’s not the paladin. Plus by the time D4 expansion releases Path of Exile 2 early access will start shortly after so point even continue playing D4.

3 Likes

We don’t often see eye to eye, but thanks for your sympathy. As a sorc main I appreciate it.

4 Likes

Which is being nerfed to the ground with Hellbent Commander changes.

1 Like

I think you don’t understand how that works. At least in the pit, with how much you have to move. It might actually be more damage in the long run. It’s only really less damage in easy content where you can just plant yourself on your minions.

The bigger nerf to minions was the aspect nerf.

I have not noticed any damage increase myself on live. I thought maybe they did not put that in the most recent patch. So i read it again and it was supposed to be in this patch.

I’ve had a Sorc every Season (except S0). I love the class, but it’s always felt off to me. Frozen Orb is my favorite, and I was incredibly excited for S4, only to be let down. I struggled at Pit 50 or so (Frozen Orb), swapped to Telestomp/Blizzard and immediately went up +20 levels (this was pre-Pit nerf) with the same Paragon layout. That just screams to me something is off.

2 Likes