S3 Rogue has died

The job balancing was just a joke!
So many rogue players abandon rogue or directly skip this season.
Even Wudijo chose barbarian as a season starter charactor.

8 Likes

Agreed. I’m sitting out this season and putting my rogue up until they make some changes.

1 Like

Wudi just chose to roll a barb first. He’s almost done levelling a ranged rogue to 100 as well now.

3 Likes

Rogue was gutted with no compensation. Fixed the bugs the helped rogue but left the ones that hurt it untouched.

2 Likes

My rogue is now on mule duty.

23 arrow RF wasn’t hurting anyone, not even the monsters! Half the arrows would miss anyways. Actually probably more than half.

At least I kept a rainy day Skyhunter. Tough spot all around to be in for anything not Barb.

Lucky cleared S3 (Level 100) with a Rogue in 24 hours so there’s that.

Yeah im having a blast on ranged RF rogue. Im not at WT4 yet and im not running imbuements cause i hate them. We’ll see how it goes but for right now im having fun with it.

The pet is absolutely useless though. Im not even doing stuff for the season after the quest . Ill be doing the season journey and seeing where no imbuements RF rogue leads me.

I started rogue with penetrating shot, played with a buddy that started barb with HotA. We are both level 100 now, im struggling to clear a NMDs T50s. While my barb buddy is doing Tier 90s and almost 2 shotting a world boss lmao… D4 balance team is balancing these classes with a broken calculator. I mean I guess I could just be playing it wrong but probably not, so dumb.

1 Like

Replied in your thread :+1:

You will definitely need some half decent gear/aspects farmed to run tier 90+ but definitely don’t feel discouraged, this is what ARPG’s/Diablo is all about :slight_smile:

Yeah probably, it just seems unfair that rogues has to work more for it vs barbs who can pretty much get more power quicker. Game needs better balancing.

Condemnation and put rapid fire into your build. Spend combo points at 3 best you can and just stack close damage, crit damage with physical. Raxx has a good pen shot build on maxroll to follow.

Pen shot can down most elites or bosses fine but sometimes its just quicker to get procs with rapid fire.

Shadow imbuement for mass AOE but not required as pen shot already does the job with 3 combo points.

Only trick to the gear is getting that skyhunter with good rolls and other aspecs with high rolls.

I mean they made charge hit harder than death trap (our ultimate). This game is a mess and these devs are just throwing darts at a wall at this point.

3 Likes

But youknow, maybe if they let us borrow those ancients inside the death traps, so death trap becomes 12 barbarians charging…(at the same rate of damage), that might fix death trap!

Instead of cloning the Rogue, let me clone a Barb nearby. Honestly gave up on Rogue this season, had some fun doing death trap flurry but grenades don’t scale at all. Moved to Blood lance necro and night and day difference.

1 Like

It almost feels like there was an internal mandate. Too many players playing rogue, nerf to ground so they go play another class to hit engagement metrics of diverse class play.

1 Like

In the first season, they lowered the damage to Vulnerables, which greatly affected the Rogues.

In the second season, they changed the damage buckets, changing the critical from multiplicative to additive.

With those 2 changes, they left the distance rogue unusable.

In this third season, they have raised the critical multiplier a little with the final skill, but, there is a bug in the skill that multiplies the critical damage of rapid fire x0.3 so…

Nothing new… we have been suffering from bugs and continuous changes since the game came out.

2 Likes

So after updating some testing, while the nerfs are really, really lame, lets say average hit with CQC in S2 for rogue in constant attacking state (so not bothering to reset combo points) could hit 1M per twisting blade hit. Now replace second ring with Starless uber (yes, i know, it’s an uber, but trying to see max celing here), and TB with Momentum passive hits for about 600k.

If you keep stacking (assuming energy regen not a problem) then can re-achieve the 1-2M tick baseline with stacked poison a few seconds slower than before.

I guess the upside here is they nerfed us less than they did Bulwark Druid from S0? I mean it’s playable with an Uber. But wow, charge barb without ubers, just wow.

1 Like

The bug that you’re talking about is with advanced rapid fire, not precision. Advanced rapid fire cancels out both weapon mastery (xbow) and precision. If you don’t learn advanced rapid fire, then you won’t experience the bug. Precision can reach up to 3.5x damage so it’s pretty good.

Maybe inner sight will have more use this season to do things like this as well, the core skill damage multiple is a good addition but maybe it needs more than that and scoundrels leathers.