S3 Rogue has died

The 25%x core skill damage bonus may sound good on paper but I feel is undertuned considering it’s only for 3 casts (not a fixed duration) and there’s no paragon glyph for core skill damage, no core skill damage gems and no items offering large amounts of core skill damage. So swing and a miss by Blizzard there.

Has anyone here used inner sight to great length after the nerf that added the cooldown? How often can you activate the inner sight buff?

I use it on my eternal rogue with Scoundrels Leathers and I love it. Using TB poison as well still.

There is a downtime for the eye, after it’s filled up for the four seconds, it does take two or three seconds for it to appear and start filling up again. It’s less damage, but wow the burst damage can be insane during those four seconds of unlimited mana, especially with bursting venoms and poison.

You are correct about the core skill bonus being minor though, we can only get more core skill damage on one paragon board, no glyphs or gems etc.

My rogue build does about 3 millions crit. The only bad thing about rogues is that the class is too much single target and you have to rely on shadow imbuement cooldown to do mass damage.

Most rogues are using penshot this season so that’s not true. I am running vaults with a no imbuements penshot build and doing very well.

I made two rogues, TB and PENSHOT. The main issue is not that PENSHOT is viable, the big issue is that many have the impression that the DEVs decided that there are bow skills and “determined” that if you want to play rogue, play bow.
HOTA on Barb, BL on Sorc, were nerfed but did not become unviable. Why didn’t they do the same with TB?
What other option to play rogue other than PENSHOT or PEMSHOT+RF?

3 Likes

Wudi also rolled a TB rogue this season. Doesn’t seem unviable to me. I do agree that the CQC nerf was too heavy handed though.

1 Like

Any real rapid fire or Barrage enjoyer here?

Nothing too do, planning a b tier build :grinning:

4 hours after the campfire chat and not a peep on the Rogue subforums. This is the most recent active topic, which is 2 days old. Whereas the other class forums have 3-5 post from today.

1 Like

That’s because as a class we are pretty much dead in the water and they don’t know how to fix us.

1 Like

Honestly, I believe that the DEVs’ project is to remove the class from the game in the short or medium term… I don’t see any other explanation. They could at least look at the active ultimate abilities and do something, as they are, you can remove them all and leave only the passive ones.

1 Like

Honestly, the good rogues are theorycrafting around the gauntlet at the moment and generally don’t come to this forum to whine anyway.

Rogues got a nerf to precision and has a few things still left unaddressed, but buffs to flurry, barrage, non-puncture based ranged builds. It’s still funny to see barbs/sorcs not nerfed, but it’s no where near doom and gloom for rogues.

What for nerfs ? :interrobang::interrobang:

We’re expecting to see a moderate to substantial damage nerf on precision depending on how they change it.

What you talking about, you didn’t watch the campfire chat?

I thought it was Weapon Mastery getting nerfed because it was bugged doing double Crit damage. Though they mentioned it tying to Precision, I have no clue what it all means.

So in other words, I’m guessing we can’t avoid Phase 1 on Uber Lilith?

You mean, the same campfire chat where they specifically mention:
Fixed an issue where the Precision Key Passive was incorrectly scaling based on the player’s Critical Strike Damage bonus”?

Which, this is in reference to the precision damage bonus calculation that is based on an inflated “Critical Strike Damage bonus” value.

Further details of this below.

So the Weapon Mastery bug was introduced in the patch that fixed the Advanced Rapid Fire bug.

The precision “bug” (which we didn’t really know it was a bug until now) is a calculation bug that uses the following formula:

(((( [crit damage bonus] +100)*1.5)-100)*0.15*1.5+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 257% damage bonus.

Which we’re assuming now will be revised down to:
( [crit damage bonus] *0.15*1.5+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 180% damage bonus, or a 22% reduction in overall damage.

or worse:
( [crit damage bonus] *0.15+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 137% damage bonus, or a 34% reduction in overall damage.

1 Like

ah ok, we will see,

but another question is in my head, the new barrage aspect, if you put it on a 2hand, the riccocet chance can go over 100%

can a split arrow split again? is thats true, thats would be a nice aoe chain reaction then

i also really like the attack speed buff for basis + the vampire basic aspect ~40% more attack speed…

looking forward for a basic machin gun build

I doubt it, but you never know. It’ll still be a very strong aspect now.

Theorizing what? How will you use PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF?
What is there to “theorize” beyond that?
Complain anyway? Let’s take just two classes, Barbaro and Rogue, what is your assessment of the 1.3.3 buffs/nerfs?

Did you play TB in this session? Do you plan to play one day?

Do you think having only builds with PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF will complain anyway?

Well, maybe you’re theorizing that they’re now trying to replace Puncture and that’s a very good thing?

In the skill tree, what do you theorize about Ultimate active skills?

Weird to ask questions that I’ve already answered, but you do you I guess.

Map layouts, density levels, gauntlet concept, and strategy.
What targets should be prioritised based on kill speed vs score.
How much to bias towards single target damage or aoe clear.
How much armour and DR we can sacrifice in favour of movement speed because the content has been confirmed to be T70.

If you think you’re going to be using the same builds and strategies as what you’ve been running T100 vaults and NMD’s, then I’ll just say good luck :slight_smile: