Runs smooth as butter @ 4k-120FPS. 3080ti. DLSS and Frame generation just added

they need to bring back fullscreen. They made it even worse

I think they temporarily disabled fullscreen due to some crashing issues. I suspect it’ll come back in later builds

Pretty sure you’ll find this info on the bug report or tech support area stickied

Seems so. The game looks great. I almost want to buy a 4080 for a free copy of Diablo 4 and frame gen. I could sell my 3080ti but I’d still be paying 600$ roughly. Not sure I want to spend that atm.

Yea the performance gains on 30 to 40 series was pretty unique compared to other series cards, but I guess it really depends on what you play. I’ve always wanted to own the “best” card one time in my life and now that I don’t have a girlfriend to blow my money on I treated myself :joy: but I literally play like wow and call of duty and crap so I’m not sure how much I really needed to do that.

I guess some people dream of owning cool cars when they’re younger. I always dreamed of having the coolest GPU lol

I’m curious to see the answer to this. I’ve never seen a DX12 game with true full screen. Some devs just mislabel Windowed Fullscreen and call it “Fullscreen”. DX12 from what I know is not able to render True Fullscreen. I suspect he might have a driver issue or there might be some weird issue Blizz has to fix.

*I am not able to pick my resolution as well.

Lemme see if I can find it for you. I might be making stuff up cuz I read these forums when I’m half asleep

This is what it was. I think they received a bunch of reports and ultimately disabled the exclusive full screen settings for now though. But I thought also this was mainly because of AMD cards. I dunno. That’s a start though ha

At this point they need to get it back to direct11 then and add fullscreen because you can not even set your resolution ingame. This is pathetic

1 Like

I’ve seen this before. I forget what game it was…

They ended up not being able to fix it. Hell…I think it was WoW.

Sounds like Blizzard :frowning:

I saw another thread where they were saying to change the desktop resolution % and some wonky crap too for now lol

It runs worse for me, they’ve capped the cutscenes to 30fps and I’m getting very frequent traversal stutter. VRAM usage is still wild.

2 Likes

Luckily it’s working for me no problem but I can see how that would be annoying for others. When WoW made the switch I had the same exact problem. I think I had a 1080 or 2080 then.

**I have not looked at VRAM usage and cutscenes are capped at 30 for whatever reason.

Weird. they must be ensuring cards that are poorly made aren’t gonna break and cause a riot :joy:… maybe they already were capped at 30 but I thought it was at least 60 last time

Yes it is. Im using it, on a 3070ti.

4090 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13980HX 32 gigs of ram (laptop). Sometimes it runs buttery smooth, sometimes it’s a stuttery mess.

edit: Seems my issue is mostly related to framerate cap. I had it capped at 100 fps since that’s about the limit where I can feel a difference anyway (especially in a top down view game), and it was kind of a stuttery mess. Very noticable stutters whenever I hit dodge. I enabled frame generation / dlss on quality and turned the framerate cap up to 240 (my monitor’s refresh rate). Now the game hovers around 210-230 fps and there is very little stuttering. Seems like there’s an issue with the built in frame rate cap.

They were uncapped. They ran at 120fps for me last time, now 30fps.

yeah they brought it in ~30 miunutes after launch it seems. initially showed fidelity fx only. just another lil blizz misshap :slight_smile:

i am problems, freezes 5-10 seconds with everything, entering dungeon, opening inventory, talking to npc, pressing ESC … running nice 1440p 80fps and past year i never had these problems …

DLSS was definitely during first demo test … i dont think it was there last year

Is this helping with the GPU running hot? I had no performance issues the first 2 betas but my GPU was running SUPER hot to the point I had to stop playing and let it cool down so it didn’t cause damage. I’ve been looking for suggested fixes and have all the latest drivers.

1 Like

Hmm my cutscenes don’t seem to be capped at 30. They dropped a bit, but stayed in the 145ish region. Maybe the main, big ones are the ones capped at 30? I’ll have to check.

I will say this game is WAY more optimized than it was last beta after trying it. I don’t have my other 2 builds to test out right now, but the 4090 build was only able to hit in the 140-160 range in the last beta… but now

Ultra textures / max settings / no DLSS / 1440p widescreen → 283 FPS
Same but with frame generation → 400 FPS (max of game engine)
1440p widescreen with 130% render resolution → 165 FPS

GPU temperature - 53 degrees
GPU Load - 90-94%
CPU Load - 30%

Pretty excited to see the 3080Ti and 3070 in action now that they’ve adjusted this stuff. They’re doing a great job on this game honestly and I am super happy with their work and communication in general

Wait I don’t have a DLSS option anymore, wtf?