Ruins of Eridu nerfed, Whats next? Just gonna kill all fun in the game?

You seem to spend more time on the forums than actually playing the game. Enough said

OK so let’s lay out the actual problem here which all boils down to no tried and true way to level at a decent speed.

1 - Many dungeons have low mob density which makes it so it takes you longer to have even less experience as they will be spread out and have to find them.
2 - Elites give the most experience and drops but when you find clumps of them and Blizzard finds out, they get eliminated.
3 - Dungeon bosses give no incentive to kill. The experience they provide is negligible and the drops are even less inspiring.
4 - Nightmare dungeons provide all I listed above but just increase the difficulty with annoying affixes.

All players want is a degree of experience that you can actually notice with a few items thrown in that have a possibility of being better than what you have.

Even the running simulator called Death Stranding was better then this.

Some may say do other activities. OK so let’s look at those quickly.

1 - Side quests are pointless. You could do 20 of them and still not get one bubble of experience. Oh joy I get some minerals or gems…
2 - Go play in a Helltide! OK, I’ll run around aimlessly trying to kill everything I find for some gems to open a random chest that has a tiny chance of giving you something of substance. Oh and on the way you may get stun locked and lose half the gems.
3 - Whisper of the dead! Almost the same as above but now includes completing small quests to obtain grim favors. Turn them into the tree for a chance at maybe getting 1 legendary you probably can’t use anyhow and a little experience.

Getting to 50 is easy but doing anything after that becomes a chore with little reward. I have enough of those around the house.

3 Likes

Was trying to find patch notes that claimed said nerf but I’ll be damned if I can even find a link to their patch notes, the usual place was on the launcher but its not there and not anywhere I searched on diablo4 dot com.

See the thread linked below.

1 Like

This right here, This is how i know this is a personal attack on the players rather then a balance to the dungeons.

If they cared about the players interests at all they would have buffed the rest of the dungeons rather than nerf the good ones.

#NERFABLO

2 Likes

its just a few lonely white trashmobs now. maybe 5? elites the whole dungeon. not even close to the density before and no more extra spawns.

There not really neefing dungeons…

It was to be expected that all dungeons are equal in a scaled environment.

It wouldn’t make sense to have like 100 dungeons and one or two provide substantially better rewards then the rest.

Either they would all be as dense as rotten demise ect or equally as bad but come on now.

It is nerfing when any dungeon that gives more than the bare minimum experience is drastically scaled back.

Diablo is all about dungeons! Dungeons are what made the entire series. They should be making them more worthwhile, not less.

1 Like

They are not surprised that they fixed them. They are surprised that they fixed them so soon! Also, they are surprised that they quickly fix stuff but haven’t added X, Y or whatever.

You are presuming that the intent was more density, more XP, more… whatever. What if that is not the case? What If high density, high XP was the broken thing.

Several people have suggested that the Dungeon timer needs to be longer. One person has even suggested that dungeons can only be done once a week (there are 120 dungeons, that is almost 20 dungeons a day). These people would not make these suggestions if they did not think that you are not supposed to gain massive amounts of XP from dungeons.

Xir there is something called alt/tab, and I’m here exactly because of morons like you, to ensure they don’t give Blizzard any ideas which might sh1t up the game. Unfortunately they have a track record of listening to clueless people (such as yourself) and that, in turn, will directly affect my enjoyment of the game. And we can’t have that.

If you don’t like D4’s design play something else.

“Enough said”.

1 Like

It can be both you retard.

2 Likes

Then they could fix the reset bypass instead. It’s not a 5 minute timer. They said it was a 1 minute timer. Log out and back in doesn’t take much time. I load in less than a minute. The grouping reset bypass is a feature, not an exploit. The developers said in beta that you could do it to reset the dungeon.

This is not why they nerfed the density. They nerfed the density because they don’t want people leveling fast. All they are going to do is drive away casuals in favor of the small amount of people that level fast. Only 6000 people are level 100. Less than 200 are HC level 100. Thats out of 10’s of millions of people.

Not everyone plays the game 10-20 hours a day. Not many people are going to stick around for seasons past season 1 if leveling is going to continue to be a slog and classes feel like crap until the mid stages of that slog.

I think 99% of players would be perfectly fine with once per day dungeons as long as density is high.

spoiler alert… There is no endgame.

You can just stop playing now and save yourself the surprise.

i dont understand why they remove mobs in a hack and slay its the most satisfying thing to blast a insane amount of enemies.just reduce the xp.its feels so bad to kill 20 mobs and run for the next 20.in what world would u take away the best part of the game instaed of fixing xp gains.this sucks hard

1 Like

Over 100 dungeons are pointless. Most of them are the same dungeon with a different aspect to grab the first time. They have the same events, same layouts, same checkpoint goals, even same bosses. There really are only a small handful of unique dungeons.

1 Like

From the last patch notes: " Developer Note: We are standardizing the density of elite monsters that spawn in dungeons to ensure that no particular dungeon is clearly more efficient to run through than others.

They want all the dungeon’s density to be basically the same so people arent just farming 1 dungeon.

1 Like