[Resolved] Save your GPU, cap your FPS even with high-end models

You clearly don’t this understand the difference from FPS to the monitor and the rendering fps off screen.

Your FPS cap doesn’t affect the rendering fps.

Oddly enough Blizzards launch has given me similar issues in the past. Trying to download a patch or something with nothing open and suddenly my GPU is going nuts…

Have had lots of issues with GPU getting way too hot playing D4 at settings that should be easy for my computers to pull off. Frame rate limited has been the answer on every one of them. I play everything else at 144+ FPS. D4 I capped at 60 and now my PC is nice and cool.

1 Like

You seriously believe a high def image can be rendered with not much GPU utilization. YOu don’t seem to understand any of this stuff. You see a high but within the parameters of the GPU utilization and you think its an issue. Sorry but GPUS vary in there utilization. And this scene just happens to work the GPU at a higher rate.

get better cooling. It can’t work it harder than it is designed to be worked. GPUs do not design the case they are put in. Or the cooling the user installs.

Not going to bother spending any more time with someone spewing non-sensical rubbish.
The FPS limiter artificially blocks the CPU from executing the game’s render thread.

Here’s someone who explains how backend developers can solve this. Him and I disagree on certain things, but this is something Blizzard has control over, not GPU drivers.

limit your FPS to 60 is the exact same thing…

Lmao. You said that before, yet here you are. Seems like more people think that you are saying rubbish things than me. You only have Raven who is just as clueless.

That’s a bandaid. I shouldn’t have to limit it to 60. Get that through your skull.

60 and 120 are not the same thing either. :clown_face:

point those peopleout please. The only person I see having a fit about a non issue is you.

At least know how a frame limiter actually affects the CPU, and ultimtely the GPU.

well then play…Its not going to hurt anything your GPU running normally at 90%. Nothing is effected except your imagination.

Go read the thread.

Fit? I’m arguing with clowns who don’t understand the issue because you are too focused on the GPU aspect of it and think it’s acceptable to impose a 60 FPS cap as a bandaid solution.

No I’d rather voice my opinion and have Blizzard fix it.

Good luck with that…there not going to fix something that is a non issue …sorry. They have actualy bugs and crashes to fix.

Who are you to make those claims? Who are you to deny people who want to voice their concerns? Why does it matter to you so much?

All you have done was attempt to shut people down from bringing up concerns. If doesn’t matter if you don’t think its a problem. Thats for Blizzard to decide.

Which by the way, they Pinned the thread and gathering data on it.

I already explained how this has been connected to crashes.

1 Like

blizz had similar performance issues during diablo imortals release, after couple patches the game run smooth on pc

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if I personally had the crash when I talked to others about it and replicated it happening and also replicated a fix.

Again all you are doing is trying to shut down people from voicing conerns.

2 Likes

btw stay topic and discuss in civilty manner, try reduce the trashtalking, politics, personal attacks and shiitflinging at eachothers faces incase blizz dev need to look in here for clues to help them optimize the game

2 Likes

So I tried with the power limit at 100% on my 3080. Under normal game play, sits around 60 % GPU usage.

As soon as I open the inventory window, it goes up to 95-100% and the FPS drops down as it’s at the limit as far as computational power goes.

Going back to 70% power limit. Don’t feel like wasting 100 Watts of power to open an inventory window. When the power limit is at 70% the power is capped at 220 Watts and the only downside is FPS drops when opening the inventory window. During normal gameplay no issues keeping it at 165 FPS.

1 Like

Well, or the game is rendering something else extremely demanding… like the shop menu - i.imgur .com/ztecRMb.jpeg

Thanks dude, 3 new computers in the family you potentially saved :slight_smile:

1 Like