Repeat Freeze during quest Descent into Flame PS5

Every single time I try to zone into Temple of the Primes during ‘Descent into Flames’ quest, it locks up and freezes, its 100% at the moment making it impossible for me to progress. Also getting the occasional lockup just running around. Only started today and around this quest.
Have to force close game from ps5 menu.

4 Likes

I too am experiencing this same issue. I can interact with the door but as soon as I try to enter the area my game freezes and it eventually asks me to close the game. I am on a PC.

3 Likes

yup, exactly this, but on console it doesnt ever ask to close and you have to do manually. I tried going off to do another side quest and it allowed me into a cellar and to complete an overworld sidequest, but then I returned to the temple and again after opening the door and trying to enter it was an instant freeze, Also opening menu around the temple area can cause freeze sometimes for me as well as just in combat but both of these are inconsistent. Something to do with this area/quest. Clearly some people are past it so it isnt everyone.

Tried clearing ps5 cache, no change.

3 Likes

Same issue here. Freezes at the entry and in the zone randomly when I press the options button.

1 Like

I hoped that it was just this area but I have been having menu freezes in other zones too, fingers crossed for a patch soon as it is happening quite frequently and spoiling the game somewhat.

Anyone solved the problem yet?

What worked for me:

1. Reinstall Battlenet (not the game)
  2. Ultra low graphic settings

One of those things worked tried them out the same time.

1 Like

I had this problem on PC. Solved it by inviting a friend to my group, talking to Lorath to get to the “go through the portal” bit, then having my friend go through the portal, and finally teleporting to my friend from town.

1 Like

I was having this issue, on Xbox series X.
I solved doing a full restart of the console
( Settings > General > Power option > Restart Now)

Then in the game i did some side quests before, in the same region. And lastly, logged out of the game and change world tier to 2 , i was on 1.

After that went talk to Lorath and “started” the quest.

Happened to me on Xbox series x, reinstalled and deleted local save data, no luck. Lvl 35 character progress locked until this gets fixed.

Same problem here. PS5. Why haven’t dev team even responded to a single post???

1 Like

Happening to me too, happens at random points, got two freezes at the entrance, one when opening the Map right after talking to the character from the quest and a couple other times inside, one right before i beat the boss. I’m on PS5

this is a world level problem switch the world level and the problem should be solved.

goes in both directions from lvl 1 to 2 and 2 to 1

Console restart helped on PS5

Same issue on ps5, stuck on that. Restart / change world level did not help

Just to add my issue to the feed. I am having the same issue on PC. I always end up outside the flames area when I log back in and have to talk to Lorath again. I am on PC.

Happening on two of my computers. Laptop with RTX 4060 and Desktop with RTX 3060.

I will try the ultra low settings.

This happen to my as well

Same issue, on Xbox, can’t progress through the campaign.

1 Like

Same issue on PS5, can’t progress

I also have this issue. weird thing is, i can be playing for hours not a single hiccup on high settings on a 2070 etc and game runs great. then other times the game crashes over and over, random freezes etc. then i come back to it and its golden again. its extremely frustrating because lot of the campain quests are multi-part and I hate spending 10 minutes into a quest and get to boss or halfway through a dungeon only for it to freeze/crash and then have to repeat that section…again…and again.

Weirdest crash I had earlier was during this descent flame quest as described. I entered the temple as normal, and got to door where boss ambushes you and i got error text boxes saying that the game has caused diablo 4 to run out of video card memory, and cannot continue…and it said to try default video settings etc. apparently there’s a memory leak also?

No game should max out video memory like this, pretty rediculous. Not even trying to put it on ultra or 4k or anything, just a standard 1080p, with 16gb of memory a 11th gen processor etc. I just dont understand how inconsisent these crashes are.

So after the memory error, i closed/restarted pc and had nothing else running, i go back in, dredge across the short section to temple door again, and click it…and sure enough…game unresponsive/crashed. sigh.

Debating doing this a 4th time tonight. I even went in and turned down some settings, fog and shadows and other things, tweaked it so maybe would run better, but apparently it didnt help. i’ve gotten this far into the game despite the occasiaonl crash but this one tonight has me good.

hoping there’s a fix/blue response on this. PC version. I guess can try changing world tiers etc. I just want to finish campain.