Remove Lvl scaling for goodness' sake

Seriously, lvl scaling is NOT fun. The whole fantasy of playing an arpg like d2 was the feel op in a world where you struggled before, but now are able to steamroll through mobs. Level scaling completely takes away this fun factor. Stop being the fun police blizz. Listen to your customers, just like WoW did for dragonflight. Stop dictating what you want and start listening to what we want.

Edit:
After reading some constructive comments below, I think there’s a need to set the record straight:

1. We understand the need and benefits for level scaling. It does increase the longevity of the game plus replayability to some extend. Having said that, the current state of the system does not install the sense of achievement for lvling up.

2. I am not saying everything has to be easy. I am saying there has to be a sense of power progression in a game where power progression is the actual goal of playing the game. You should be feeling more powerful when you lvl up, not weaker. If I take 5 hits to kill a mob at lvl 10, I expect to take 3 hits to kill that same mob at lvl 15, not the same 5, let alone more hits. Which this is happening in the game right now.

3. Just because some of you “figured out” the game and enjoy it, does not mean the game system is good enough. It’s pretty obvious that terrible games also have a strong following. People who defend it by saying “git gud” rather than actually getting involved in constructive conversations should be ignored.

4. For those of you who says I should speak for myself, well, if you even bothered to read any of the comments, you know there are more than a number who agrees with this post. So your point is invalid.

5. There have been some great constructive comments defending lvl scaling below which have enlightened me a little, and I do appreciate them! To those who contributed as gentlemen, I salute you with long lasting health in sanctuary and may your hardcore hero never die.

76 Likes

I dunno man, I steamrolled my way to WT3. Never felt like I was getting weaker.

20 Likes

It’s not about getting weaker. It’s about not feeling more powerful even as you progress.

23 Likes

seeing “450-640” damage on my weapon

Walking outside of the first town and hitting for 110 damage.

Yeah… scaling is pretty awful feeling.

26 Likes

I always had skils upgrading or new skills/passive that made things easier.

4 Likes

And that previous weapon was hitting for less.

I hate scaling. It removes the progression feeling that rpgs should have.

31 Likes

I must be playing wrong. I haven’t come across this feeling of not progressing until I went to WT3. But then after a few parago and sacred items, I was back on track.

8 Likes

I agree. Scaling doesn’t feel good in any game with it that I’ve played.

18 Likes

You eventually get there with gear but it takes a bit because all the progression is in the gear. Not the character.

2 Likes

The future meta will be trying to get the least experience per kill, likely just running around breaking stuff and looting chests lol.

“Bro I just finished act III at level 12!”

7 Likes

You ppl just gotta trust the process! Its fine how it it, was thinking the same but as i level i do feel the progression and its awesome. This is a long term thing and i think the lvl scaling will make the game less like D3 over time

3 Likes

Yeah speak for yourself. Not everyone finds steamrolling fun.

6 Likes

I disagree. Understanding synergies and building off that is important. Gear is just one factor. Paragon is more important than gear outside of the legendary affixes.

5 Likes

Paragon is far in. Talking about the feel of leveling.

1 Like

Again, 2 characters in WT3 and have not experienced this in the slightest.

1 Like

Well that’s you. I’ve felt the ttk is still generally the same feel until later on. Which feels bad. Same happened when WoW started to adopt scaling more.

Even within WT3 mobs got significantly harder when I hit 60. Doesn’t feel good when you hit level milestones and rather than feeling more powerful, the mobs just get stronger and start doing more dmg to you lol.

1 Like

Read it in context. Not being able to steamroll isn’t the issue. It’s the fact you don’t feel yourself getting more powerful as you progress. Challenge isn’t the issue. It’s the constant feeling you’re not getting better. Besides, I’m speaking for many people here. You speak for yourself instead.

2 Likes

Are you going the bare minimum of points in skills so you get to clusters as fast as possible? Only putting 1 in the spender? I found front loading the builder and spender went along way. Skipping any defensive skills entirely until things felt a little hairy made a huge difference between endgame beta testing and now.

1 Like