Reaching level 100 will take 150+ hours

I seriously doubt it will take 150 hours to reach max level. It will probably take 60 to 90 hours to reach max level depending on how the exp curve is set.

150h is fast if you come from D3… Imagine reaching maxlevel there in 150h (paragon 20000)! :beers:

2 hours a day does not seem to be bad, at least not for now, especially during this hype period.
But, then again, this is for maximum level, which I doubt is needed to complete the game or defeat that pinnacle boss.

People are ignoring the “average player experience” part of the tweet.

Average player = exploring, listening to quests, talking to NPC’s and reading their chat options, playing Barbie dress up, going afk in town, being slow and efficient, and sitting there watching every cutscene, among other things. Going by our experience with WoW and other games, someone actually rushing through it all will make that level in a fraction of the time, even more so with properly planned out leveling paths. Just look at how long it took the average person to hit 25 in the beta their first time, then how people were doing it in like two hours or so when they rushed cutting off like 6-12 hours.

Another thing people are ignoring is that you don’t really need to hit 100, endgame starts at lvl 50. You will be doing the same type of content 50-100. I think there is a level 70 capstone dungeon you need to do one time, and then a final lvl 100 boss fight that might be tough, but outside of that, it’s the same. By the time you hit 80-90 you should more or less have completed your character.

Lastly, another thing I have seen people complain about was the 150+ hours leveling time + 80 hours battlepass. People are ignoring that you progress the battlepass while leveling. It’s not going to start only at level 100, that would be ridiculous and makes 0 sense.

One, I need to test time on task versus time at task. Feeding the fur babies, taking fur babies for walks, etc. will kill time. Two, as of now, it appears that we have two tiers at launch - adventurer and veteran. So, going straight to Torment 1 (like people do in D3 seasons) will not happen. That will slow things down. Three, age is a huge factor. I am old enough that I died several times playing adventurer. So, veteran just meant more death. This means that there are several leveling strategies that I cannot use or use as effectively. Four, there are other leveling strategies that do work for me. Not finishing dungeons (because Boss fight is a time killer), finding gear with +XP, etc. will cut down on the time. Five, cutscenes… first run through people will want to watch them, this is another time killer. Also, because of age, I cannot necessarily skip through the cutscenes. Six, see response by Barick.

The reason that its gonna take 150hrs is because there is no End Game. Over time they will lower the level up process when theres more content spilling over from seasons but as it stands 1 real End Game boss for a 3 month season thats a big nothing burger.

I was happy to hear that it will take a while to max out our characters. Realistically it will probably only take that long due to experiencing the story and not skipping cutscenes and dialog.

My guess would be around 15-20 hours to get to level 50 skipping cutscenes and dialog. Another 60-80 hours from levels 50-100 is my guess considering later levels probably slow up experience considerably. So around 100 hours tops.

I plan to soak in the story and side quests my first play through so it may take 150 hours.

I actually don’t care how long or how less.
as long as the grind is fun.
for example some people can actually reach level 99 on D2. i got to 91 at most. then started a new character. when i stop having fun-i just do something else, until the grind is fun.
same with D3. or D1.

we are all “slave to the grind” as skidrow said. which probably none of you know about that old thrash metal band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nycoZ-zzw

actually with us, the moral is reversed(from the song)

No it really was like 2 hours

The question is more how many hours it will take for someone to figure out the quickest path to 100?

But yah, 150 hours, def not.

Some players will race to 100 in under 50 hours. Woohoo, good for them.

Other players will take more than 200 hours to get to 100. Woohoo, good for them.

All that matters is that you have fun while playing.

See my thread Time on task versus time at task. I can explain more but it was already rather long. The basic conclusion is 150 is about right for a first character or someone new to Diablo.

I really hope so. Harkens back to the early d2 days. And I love it