Reaching level 100 will take 150+ hours

10 Likes

Reaching Level 100 in Diablo 4 Will Take Over 150 Hours - Wowhead News

" players will need around 150 to 180 hours to reach Level 100"
On a 3 month season.

So you need to play and farm at least 2 hours each day to get max level.
But I assume it will be the same as in D2. The higher level, the slower it goes.

1 Like

heh …
sure it will … naive developer.
Unless they completely changed the math behind exp, it wont take that long.
Took me maybe 40 hours to reach level 80 and i was slacking off, revealing map etc.

Wonder what he means by “average” player.

Also … just insanely increasing numbers like in D2 wont actually help the players and lots of them will leave because there wont be any progress.
I remember getting items lvl 30 on mine lvl 80 character which also blocked my progress and it was one of the reason why i quit the game in endgame beta.
Its one of the reason why i dont play D3 nonseason … there is absolutely no progress after all thousands of hours. Only the season and all the new content is not kept within the game.

1 Like

I suppose this is what they meant about paragon taking a while to max out and why they have 4 points per level. If ancestral works like how they described sacred, I’ll be fine with it. The sacred items drop with a range of 50-70 rolls and so you can get a 70 roll at 50. I’d imagine you can get ancestral 100 rolls at 70 in WT 4. So max level isn’t going to be a mad rush like D3.

Based on that I wanna know how much time he considers getting lvl 25 takes

Cuz we all know 1-25 is about 2-3 hours

So if he says 1-25 is like 10 hours

We know that 1-100 is more 30hours

Yeah, I hope as well and understand why they said it.
Having lvl 100 will be quite a feat.

But if ancestrals drop at 70 or 80, that’s a non-issue for me then.

Yeah, this makes me feel like I would consider level 70 to be the “endgame”, as this is where I can potentially start working toward or grinding for the best gear in the game.

1 Like

I really doubt so…
But hey, you can hope.
But don’t be too much disappointed afterwards, when after 30 hours of play you will be like level 35-40

1 Like

Lol

So 1-25 is 2h and 25-40 is 28h

You have a pretty unbalance view of progression lol

1 Like

I have this irking feeling it takes 100 hours just to get from level 90 to 100.

1 Like

1-25 was like 4-9 hours, depends on class and speed.
Not 2 hours lol.

So 25-40 will be maybe 20+

I really want to see your video doing 1-100 in 30 hours.
That will be a world achievement feat of strength.

Challenge accepted :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

They also said 35 hours to finish the campaign and reach 50. I was at 25 in around 10 hours. I understand experience needed from 51-100 increases and 82ish is the halfway point, but each difficulty above WT1 increases xp gains, and you have 30% exp gain elixirs hat are super cheap to make. 150 for maybe the casual player who plays a couple days a week. but anyone playing regularly will be 100 by the end of the first month.

I think lvl 50 will be the level soft cap when endgame starts, because that’s when paragon levels start, so from there to 100 will be probably the bulk of content and grind, above lvl 100 it will be slow increments but very noticeable.

Why are you basing your challenge on an hypothetical number?

Correct. Endgame starts at 50.

Yeah, for content. I just meant in terms of building a gear set that you mainly keep, or at least for a while. The gear you get from 50-70 is still throw-away gear that is replaced by tier 4 gear.

1 Like

That sounds about right.

1 Like

still pretty steep for casuals. Doubt this news is helping sales of the battlepass.

? Leveling isn’t the focus of the game, once you hit 50 end game opens.

Going to be like d2 or poe, or other arpgs where most people finish the season never hitting max level.