Reaching level 100 will take 150+ hours

Ok, but what is max item level?

Items always drop at a level you can wear them but their power is based off the enemies you’re killing

I am not talking about ITEM LEVEL REQUIREMENT. I am talkin about max item level, meaning when stat rolls stop increasing.

I don’t think their math is right especially if they based it off CB because they made it hard to level at higher levels with the broken loot drops causing massive delays.

Level 35 drops all the time when 60+ made gearing and fighting the harder tiers challenging. Since this will be fixed people should level a lot faster.

How long did CB go for? I made level 96 for the duration, but stopped because it got boring because couldn’t get loot my level to combat mobs.

No one knows except blizzard atm.

still feels a bit strange, to never max a character in season play. Or having almost no time to finetune when reaching max level.

Most aprgs function this way, D3 was more of an exception than the rule.

Like you’ll be nearly min maxed by the 90s realistically.

1 Like

There’s always exceptionnaly fast people at leveling

But that’s great if leveling takes time :slight_smile:

Each level feels like an achievment, and like said beforee, end-game doesnt necessarly starts at level 100 =o

well @season xx you will probably not feel like its an achievement, it will feel just bad, if it stays that long.

1 Like

I’ve completed many poe seasons and have never hit 100, it doesn’t feel bad at all.

As soon as you enter WT4 at level 70, you will have access to max item rolls. They will be rare at first, and become more frequent as you level up towards 100, but they’re still possible right at the start of WT4.

1 Like

150+ hours equals around 19days of 8 hours playtime. and a season of 3 months contains around 90 days so lets say if you play 1,5 hours a day you also reach max lvl 100. but its not required to get to lvl 100 ofc endgame starts at 50 if you get to 80 and don’t compleet the last 20 lvl i bet you still have a amazing build.

1 Like

You mean there isnt a max item level per se, just that every Ancestral item after level70 have potential for max rolls? Do the lowest roll go higher with each level?

2 Likes

If only closed beta was like that instead of being broken.

Higher chance of higher rolls the higher the level of the mob.

2 Likes

I had a couple 894 item level pieces which dropped from level 104 mobs. I would have to guess it goes up to 1000 ?

Endgame starts at level70 with Ancestral items i would presume. And if there is a big disparity in item rolls between say level70 and level100, it doesnt really start before reaching max item stat roll.

Casuals don’t really care they just play to have fun.

2 Likes

Average player means, “I am not obsessively stalking the forums” as well as “I am not watching hour after hour of YouTube and Twitch”. So, they are talking about the people who just want to play the game as opposed to play the endgame. As such, most Diablo players are not Average. Still, Blizzard needs a reason to exist 100 years from now. So, attracting new people is important. That means value. So, if the “average” single player game takes 50 hours per character, you get 100 more hours of value and you can play with friends. This is a win-win for Blizzard.

The max rolls never change between 70 and 100, you just get better chances at higher rolls as you level up from 70. You can loot a BiS 100 item at lvl 70.

3 Likes