Rawhide and Iron Chunk are too expensive for endgame master working

Rawhide and Iron Chunk are the true bottleneck for endgame master working. I am picking up everything to salvage, unique-legendary-yellow-blue-white, still not enough.

Shouldn’t Neathiron to be the bottleneck? So players can focus on farming high level pit, instead of picking up trash in helltide?

Run around and pick them up. Not difficult.

Even just on your way to some even like Legion or WB. I’m thinking flowers too, not sure on rawhide. Usually just from salvaging any junk you pick up.

Ok, i would understand if you said angelbreath or Veiled crystals…

But Rawhide & Chunks?

I have 13k of both of these, i doubt they can run out

2 Likes

Ugh, Angelbreath. ffs

Iron ore is so easy. I’m guessing the other just comes from salvaging?

I remember a couple seasons back, I had to go see this one unique guy to get beast bones, but it seems all that is much easier now.

Other than Angelbreath. lol

I used to run around and gather the different flowers. It seems they made it worse now just with that one.

LOL.

None of the people responded above did the deep endgame master working, and didn’t understand why 10k+ Rawhide and Iron Chunk ran out quickly, even faster than Neathiron.

I just hope Blizzard would understand and make adjustment to it.

Can you explain further for those of us who are uneducated?

Only running legions can sustain you, you get like 800 of each per run with legions going around every 10 mins?
After that is just a matter on controlling your degenerate gambling, the house will always wins :smiley:

Didn’t want to offend anyone, sorry if you feel it that way.

Try repeatedly upgrading and resetting master working on all your gears, and aim to have all critical upgrades hitting the single most important attribute on each gear. You would observe which materials are the most difficult to replenish.

Running legions is not the solution, it is low-end content and not rewarding. Only sensible solution is to decrease the requirement of Rawhide and Iron Chunk so low-end mats won’t become the high-end master working bottleneck.

1 Like

Oh I don’t run many Legions.

I have not played much at all this season. Running catch up. So I guess iron used to be easy to get, and now is not. Same with angelbreath?

Resetting masterworked gear is a conscious decision you make everytime you hit the confirm button, you agree to flush down the toilet those mats and gold, so why would the house lower the cost of things just so you can gamble even more.
Just run the odds of getting the upgrade to land on whichever affix you would need vs the cost of materials. You will lose all the time.
And if you feel legions are beneath you to sustain your need for materials, thats more like a you problem.

1 Like

I had similar problems, I feel like costs in rawhide and iron chunks should be decreased 2x, or the amount you get from destroying items should be increased 3x. Or both at the same time.

To solve the issue I ran about a hundred of tormented bosses and destroyed all items including uniques, for iron chunks you need to destroy weapons.

The hell you mean house always wins? I have masterworked each of my items perfectly.

Tripple crit on CDR and flame shield duration on all the gear pieces.

Enjoy your game newbie.

if you buy gear and dont play the game naturally and farm your own gear i can see mats being scarce. but this isnt a problem to people who actually play the game

3 Likes

Yes, sir.
Although you are not making it easy since you crit all your gear, now i dont have anything to work towards to. :cry:

1 Like

Thats the point. Almost perfect char with optimal affixes and perfectly masterworked. Now I can only get better with items with 2-3 GAs. And this is tough to get, so the grind is real.
The OP did something strange in the playtime, that he ran out of these materials. Have 10k+ of each and MWed 30+ items with much resetting, espacially on the ubers.

I have currently 3 items at 12/12 and other at 8/12.

Plenty of alts with 8/12 gear as well.

Explain how you are even finding gear worth upgrading.

Maybe it is you who don’t understand.

Yeah, but for what reason?

Which pit stage are you aiming for? for what reason are you spending this much mats & gold to reach it?

I think my current 123 is “Good enough” at least for now.

You are totally clueless about what you’re saying. Iron chunks, Veiled cristals and what not are true bottleneck.

8 characters to 100, 5barbs. I sit here for 5b crafting sessions just masterworking and the only thing i’m out of are these stupid ressources.

Don’t talk about endgame if you’re not in it yet.

There is a endgame loop. You need to take part in all of it or risk running out of materials and or gold. Just because you consider it beneath you, Helltides and Tree of Whispers are just as much part of that loop as Pits are.

Ok. I have six fully masterworked seasonal characters and I have 160k+ Iron Chunks and Rawhides.

160k, not 16k.

This is what my materials tab looks like.
https://i.imgur.com/m46p1HZ.jpeg

Typical guy who got gold and items from the lazy shortcut, aka trading, and thinks he’s so cool in the endgame.

1 Like

Do a legion once in a while jesus. Crying is easier though I guess.