Rapid Fire shooting feels awful after 1.4.1 patch NEW: *UPDATE AFTER HOTFIX*

Guys arrows doesn’t detect close enemies, they give priority to distant ones. That means insta death when elites push you.

1 Like

Agreed. Based on the patch notes this appears to be the intended state. Can’t say they didn’t review/test it this time.

The Shadow Clone has not fixed yet Mine is still shooting fire arrows

Let me correct myself, I did one more pit on ps5 and now like the other user said is pinpoint acuraccy, very different from before, but not bad at all, pit T100 boss killed in one stun, we are back baby.

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing the spread on Rapid Fire!

There seems to be an issue with close range targeting. When no monsters are around, I can fire Rapid Fire almost under my feet. When an enemy is close however, it auto targets over their head and will not allow me to fire within a circle around myself, preventing me from being able to attack anything on me.

2 Likes

Same RF all arrows go to the same spot but feels terrible on XBox. Constantly misses over the heads and damage numbers on screen only register 1-2 arrows out of the 9+ I shoot IF they even land on a target. please revert back to OG Rapid Fire Arrow when the season launched, at least it was playable. On Console This patch today feels even worse to play than just it did.

1 Like

The hotfix is ​​here.Apparently it has made a difference but the damage is still not as good as before. It is still very random whether the right damage is dealt

Yeah, now it’s better for bossing and worse for mobing, exact like rapid fire itself, lol. Repeating aspect doesn’t work, I tried (may need a client patch).

1 Like

100%! I did massacre the boss lol but getting to it was rough compared to how it had been. Might be time to try Heart Seeker lol

1 Like

I made the change to HS two days ago and haven’t looked back. The #1 Rogue, and 10 following rogues running Pit 120+ are using Heartseeker as well.

Source: maxroll.gg/d4/events/s4-pit-ladder

1 Like

PEZRADAR - Please read this carefully.

I appreciate your effort in the hotfix. However, the arrows all hit the same exact spot now. Prior to the patch, it would form a Venn diagram around the directed spell area so that each arrow would overlap in the middle but form a larger general radius for the skill. This allowed the skill to damage a medium radius of enemies while still hitting the directed target with each and every arrow.

The skill is no longer an AOE ability. Please revert to how it was before the patch. It was perfect. Everyone was having fun. Now it is actually almost unplayable without the use of holy bolts on non-boss mobs.

Please have the team revert the changes. Some of us have put a lot of effort into our builds and it has significantly changed for the worse.

In the end, this is what the community wants, and this game should be built for the players - at least, I hope.

Thanks.

16 Likes

Now everything is broken at RF

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the same thing. Now the AOE is significantly smaller than before.

I could clear the pit 111 with the new RF, if anyone wanna see the new effect, here is the video of the last sec boss fight:

xttps://youtu.be/zdEVv5FtlEQ

I think this new RF version will grow on everyone, since the boss is much more difficult than the mobs. If the mob is too close, just you go back a little bit, that kind of stuff.

https://youtu.be/r1wRep-1H7M?si=zth6wr_x5skr7ipj

Clip of the latest issues - when targeting close range mobs RF shoots over the mobs head. Also, seems to auto target the furthest enemies.

2 Likes

wow fix a bug and create a bug 2 time in a row amazing

2 Likes

THIS! Even worse on console with no mouse to even try to guide where to shoot

2 Likes

Yeah, I prefer a little bit more of spread to get a better AOE, but I’m having 0 issues to aim on ps5 with a normal controller and I’m already speedrunning high pits like before, so, if not perfect, it’s at least very playable right now.

its worse on pc u have auto aim now u cant target where u want the arrows go at the pixel at the back of the target so if the target moves 1cm it misses

1 Like

0 aoe rofl u cant be serious