PvP is just so bad

Play Barb or die in 0.1 seconds to Barb.
You don’t even have time to react on most classes - They just dive, 55 billion damage busrt + nowhere to move to because of the 95000000000000 dust devils spawning from any attack, 100% avoidance and damage reduction from passives even if they suck and you get an attack off.

Terrible experience, there needs to be rectifications for this kind of thing. Either make PvP somewhat balanced or just remove it.

4 Likes

To Blizzard’s own admission they don’t balance PvP or even think about it when designing/balancing things. If that’s the case, I don’t see the point of having PvP zones. By their existence they allued to it being an actual game mode with thought put into it.

If you have a game mode that just exists so you can check a box in theory but is, in practice, not really playable I don’t personally see the point of it existing.

5 Likes

Some people, a very vocal minority, wanted PvP within the game. As it’s been a staple since D2. Although if you’ve noticed over the years, PvP has slightly improved with every iteration.

D2 was more or less a FFA, but you could also designate an entire game to nothing but PvP.

D3 had separate arenas, not sure how many play in those arenas, but it’s a step up from D2.

Now we have entire areas dedicated to PvP that have some restrictions, but just like its predecessors, D4 offers no balance changes for PvP specifically, nor do they intend to change this.

I’ve no issue with them being in the game though. Just as I had no issue with PvP in the previous games. However as I’ve said before, if PvP is what you want, maybe you shouldn’t be looking at a 98% predominantly PvE game for it.

5 Likes

Idiots, behind this game.

Who remembers Gambling Duals in Diablo 2? Them damn Teleport Lightning Wizards dominated for a long time, nightmares about them. I was a Javazon.

I do not know, why they do not do an Arena, so we can do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and so on.

Game is dying… the numbers do not lie… as more games come out, better, the game is dying, only the fools will remain…

This is not diablo

1 Like

Yet you’re still here!

5 Likes

Your concerns are actually already addressed. If you were however complaining about Immortal builds running around that would be a different story.

However, against generic barbarian bleed builds, dodge rogue, mist necro, fire sorcerer are all doing fine against bleed barbarians.

My guess is you entered into a PvP fight using a PvE build and thought you were fighting against a Pit boss instead of against a player that is playing a game using ‘Elite’ stats. Elite stats meaning damage and damage reduction against elite affix. It’s a different game.

2 Likes

Not for long tool… If they do not lower the price on expansion, Blizzard and I will divorce, the game franchise of Diablo and myself, will be no more…

They do not deserve to charge us full price on an expansion.

You must be a fool, right? I am not, I already quit playing… I had a lot of hope for D4, but it is gone.

Ferguson destroyed yet another game…

If you choose to PvP then you know this.

Dont enter a PvP area unless you are prepared to die. It happens to everyone in PvP eventually if you play enough. No exceptions.

Dont come to the forums to cry about PvP when you die. Suck it up, grow a pair, and try again.

This is and always will be a primarily PvE game with PvP as an afterthought. If you really crave balanced PvP, then you are better off playing a game built around that mode.

PvE isnt even balanced - you expect to saunter through a PvP zone and not get insta-gibbed? LOL

2 Likes

Then why are you here?

Last season, I would regularly venture to the PVP areas for the easy Grim favors. Sometimes, I would accept a fight just to please the Blood marked wandering around. I knew I would get my butt kicked and I did each time. I knew my build was not optimized for PVP. But when you have 2 PVP optimized builds, it still doesn’t work. I watched once a Sorcerer and a Barb fight. Was funny. None was doing any damage to the other. The fight could have lasted for hours. What’s the point of that?

I do productive stuff during the day. At least, I want to believe so. I am OK to spend of bit of time in the evening doing stupid stuff, as long as it doesn’t eat up all my leisure time.

FWIW I played hours of PvP…enough to get all the cosmetics minus the horse armor that I didn’t want. As a minion necro I was attacked twice…killed both of them and never saw them coming. I did also see about 3 notifications about the ritual happening. But that was all…literally all. Uncheck crossplay and you might have a different experience.

Sounds like Ben got Body-Bagged.

1 Like

^ Like this poster.

You’re right. PvP is NOT Diablo. Diablo is a pve game. Are you new to this IP? Seems like you are. Go play something else if you want balanced PvP. Diablo was NEVER made for pvp purposes.

1 Like

I wanted PvP, but I didn’t expect Blizz’s class balancing to be so ridiculously awful. This is coming from someone who played WoW and rated PvP for years.

Honestly just pretend PvP doesn’t exist for the next decade or so, OP. Balance might be decent by the time D5 is announced.

empty threats, thats wJy. as if there never would be a sale for the expansion.

anyway - you go show them kidicarus! keep fighting the good fight!

The only way I see PvP working is if there’s a PvP designer / balance member on the team and making changes specific to PvP. In this player ran UO shard I’ve been looking at, there are skills that either can’t be used or have no effect in PvP (because they’d be too overpowered or don’t make sense, would make it overly complex and so on), or the bonuses are reduced in PvP to make it more balanced. For example, the mining skill provides up to 25% bonus damage for PvM, but only 10% for PvP. And the system recognizes it based on whether you attack a monster or player.

This way they can separate the two while still keeping them together, thus being able to balance one without conflicting the other. And they should enable open world PvP using some kind of switch for those who want to participate without being isolated in a small area.

maby in 2080 year in diablo 9

because they steal ideas from lost ark online xd

and will havbe more than 1 brain cell and sleepy joe finally awakes

im waiting for this moment

This is what happens when lazy incompetent wow developers make diablo 4 :joy_cat:

First of all $tfu. You don’t know anything about the diablo franchise if you think it was never made for pvp. Stop making excuses for multi-dollar companies. If they sell the game with “pvp” in it, it needs to at least have some development. Not just ignore it since release and act like it doesn’t exist. It’s so unlike blizzard to have under developed sections of their game. It would never have been like that back in the day. Either a full, completed part of the game or remove it. Should not have to explain this but here we are.

3 Likes