PTR forced me to quit S4

Its always a loosing battle to be grammar police on a forum made up of mostly teenagers and non english speakers :smiley:

From the poor performance of PTR, odd numbered designers completely ignore the presence of players.
PTR: Bugs that are too numerous to describe (most of which have been fixed in the official server and continue to appear in PTR. This is a bit outrageous)
There are still a lot of changes in the patch instructions that have not been implemented in PTR. (I want to know what content is being tested by players with this PTR?)
All the above shows only one feeling, which is that Blizzardā€™s designers simply fooled players with a PTR at will. (Because you constantly call for a PTR)

Itā€™s pretty simpleā€¦ hereā€™s a roadmapā€¦ Enjoy!

Diablo IV: Patch Notes 1.5.XX.XXX.SOON

Map & Exploration:

• Region Progress & Rewards: Removed. Exploration focuses on uncovering the entire map.
  • Waypoint Persistence: Waypoints unlocked during a season remain accessible in subsequent seasons.
  • Strongholds: Transformed into Legion Events. Players activate them, and after defeating 3 Legions, a Tormented World Boss spawns.
  • Side Quests: Progress now carries over between seasons.
  • Dungeons & Aspects: Completing a dungeon unlocks the entire corresponding Aspect level. Dungeon progress persists across seasons.
  • Altars of Lilith: Removed for a more streamlined endgame.
  • PvP Area: Removed to cater to a wider audience.
  • Mark of Blood: Usable anywhere on the map for increased flexibility.
  • Whispers of the Dead: Removed events to enhance focus on core endgame activities.
  • Map Filters: Improved for better usability.
    Character & Progression:
  • Stats: Simplified. Reduced to ā€œMain Statā€ and a combined ā€œAll Statsā€ category. Resistances consolidated into ā€œMagic Resist.ā€
  • Character Sheet: Redesigned to display core stats: Life, Resource, Armor, Magic Resist, and Attack Power.
  • Paragon Board: Removed. Replaced with a system awarding 1 skill point per level (up to level 100).
  • Gems: Converted into Glyphs for skill enhancement.
  • Legendary Nodes: Integrated into the skill tree as learnable key passives (cost: 5 points).
  • Stat Progression: Implemented a ā€œmasteryā€ style system granting 1% to all stats and 2% to the main stat per level.
  • Item Vendors: Consolidated. Weapon/Armor vendors removed. Blacksmith gains ā€œSell All Junkā€ and ā€œSalvage All Junkā€ functions.
  • Tempering: Simplified. Becomes a one-time application per item, allowing for up to 2 affix additions.
  • Unique Items: Converted into ā€œUnique Aspectsā€ imprintable on items alongside regular aspects.
  • Item Enchanting: Allows adding up to 4 affixes to items using endgame materials, instead of replacing existing ones.
  • Nightmare Dungeons: Removed.
  • Boss Materials: Used to craft stackable Normal and Tormented Boss Sigils.
  • Purveyor of Curiosities: Sells items with 1-2 affixes, allowing for further customization with the Occultist.
  • Jeweler: Now sockets Glyphs providing character bonuses and rare node effects.
  • Alchemist: Upgrades potion capacity alongside potion level.
  • Transmutation: All boss materials included in the ā€œSummoning Itemsā€ category.
  • Uber Uniques: Introduced as class-specific endgame goals (one per slot).
    These changes aim to streamline exploration, enhance character building, and provide more control over loot and crafting.

losing players that think a ptr = demo is totally a good thing.

Not if the PTR is so bad from initial quality and changes that it is a clear disconnect.

You know if the dev team is off the reservation, you canā€™t really defend that.

So far, it sounds like it - the best part of it is that D4 could potentially fix things before season 5 - which is probably the most important thing. If they are able to turn it around from the feedback, Iā€™m sure PTR next time will be better received if itā€™s this far off the mark as it seems.

itā€™s a PTR. its not the latest build, the devs do not need to provide feedback on the feedback they have received, and its part of the nature of testing.

you are treating this like itā€™s a demo, and not a ptr. Iā€™m not trying to be rude, but I genuinely think you should probably refrain from PTR testing in the future. the devā€™s donā€™t just show up to work and start picking and choosing what they work onā€¦ their directors tell them what specifically needs to get addressed.

this isnā€™t even touching on the fact that we have no idea if any backend changes are being tested as well and they have been collecting data on that. Once more, Iā€™m not trying to be rude, but game testing isnā€™t for everyone, and unless youā€™ve worked in software dev or have been closely associated with someone who has, and have had them explain the nuances to you, you might not fully appreciate the manner of how and when things are done.

this isnā€™t a small 10 developer game where someone just reads requests, goes and implements them and can immediately push the latest build. blizzard is a giant corporation, and they move slowly as a result of that.

1 Like

TWKD, youā€™re talking to the wrong person. Iā€™m not the one quitting.

But I can see others and why they are doing it.

There needs to be basic quality of the PTR or an explanation of whatā€™s going on. Iā€™ve seen really bad ā€œptrā€ environemnts for other games where they explain why things are they way they are.

Here it looks like a ton of bugs, probably looks like needs another iteration of PTR from what I can tell from feedback, looks like the mark is missed by a mile?

Thereā€™s reasonable, and thereā€™s unreasonable and sure it can go both ways, players and devs and both can be unreasonable at the same time. HOWEVER, you still donā€™t want customers up and leaving - which again is probably one of the best reasons NOT to have PTR in the first place.

Also, look at the track record of whatā€™s been put out. The context is key. They are already dealing with a tough group of players already half way out the door.

again, we need to agree to disagree here.

the point of ptr is to provide testing data and feedback, not for devs to waste time relaying thoughts and feelings to CMā€™s to then relay to the testers (who, lets be honest, will just incessantly whine and cryā€¦ just look at the feedback forums and sanctuary discord).

ptr is to provide testing data and to write constructive feedback.

Iā€™m gonna say it again, Iā€™m not trying to be rude, but what youre saying is that you either ā€œunderstand what a ptr is, but want more attention from the devsā€ or youre not entirely familar with what the purpose of the ptr is.

PTR isnā€™t meant to provide a two way communication line. I initially thought it was ignorant of blizzard to NOT provide a PTR, but Iā€™m understanding why blizzard was reluctant too now.

ā€œlooks like the mark is missed by a mile?ā€

this demonstrates that you have unrealistic expectations of what a PTR is, and you were more expecting something akin to a ā€œdemoā€.

a PTR is supposed to contain countless bugs, unfinished systems and activities that do not yet grant rewards.

if anyone is wanting to leave based on impressions of a PTR, I will gladly point them towards the door. they will be back whenever VoH is released, and again that will be a win for blizzard in reduced server costs, and a win for the mature players that are tired of the incessant whining.

regardless, I can agree that we both want the best thing for the game, but we just have different understandings of what a PTR is.

I think we can both accept the facts that the PTR is not the most recent build, and there is builds that have been reiterated on. whatā€™s unknown is how much feedback has been incorporated.

I donā€™t think either of us want to be arguing on the internet, especially when we both want the same end goal (d4 getting updates that make it a better product).

I hope you have a good day my friend.

PTR provides testing and feedback on bugs, which is correct.
However, the current issue is that a large number of changes explained in the PTR patch have not been implemented on the PTR server. So I would like to ask, what is the purpose of using PTR for players to test? What is the significance of opening PTR?
There is no problem with the feedback bug. The key issue is that many bugs have already appeared before and have been fixed in your previous updates. It still appears on the PTR server now.
From the above, it can be seen that the attitude of Blizzard designers towards open PTR is disappointing. Just deal with the players and complete the KPI. Thatā€™s it

1 Like