PS5 rubber banding

Is there a planned fix for the terrible rubber banding on PS5? I can see a lot of people have this issue and it can’t be related to internet speed. It’s unplayable at the moment.

10 Likes

Same here. Kind of annoyed. Waste of money at this point.

2 Likes

This issue affects PC too, as the issue appears to be server-side. I’ve been watching the forum for days and have yet to see Blizzard comment on this issue, even though it affects a VERY large number of players. We were all duped. Blizzard promised us a complete working game and gave us a half-baked beta. This particular issue seems to be tied to a core design choice and I doubt it will be fixed any time soon.

4 Likes

I noticed the rubber banding a little bit since on the 1st and 2nd.

But since the 4th, its been constant.

Today the rubber banding is so insane that I can barely play 30 sec to a minute without facing a 15 second rubber band effect.

The rubber banding is not even like 1 sec long or anything. It’s full fledged 10 to 20 seconds of data lag. My running or dodge will freeze and then none of my actions will work, 20 seconds later the area is filled with 12 mobs and then the game carries out all the actions.

That’s how bad it is.

It’s borderline illegal to release an ‘‘Online Only’’ game in this state.

I believe the reviews would have been a 6/10 at best had it been reviewed during online play.

5 Likes

Also getting rubber banding on ps5. I have turned off crossplay which seemed to solve the issue but only durring quiet hours. Once it hits 16:00 it’s just constant and unplayable. 100% server side and not my connection. For the price paid for this game it’s ridiculous! Seriously hope a fix is released soon!

2 Likes

Just tried to play game is completely unplayable for me right now .

1 Like

I really want to request a refund, i have died 3 times and my last was recently 15 min ago at level 42 because of rubber band while walking and getting attack with the wolves.

2 Likes

For me it is simply incomprehensible that @Blizzard has not yet made a clear statement on this. You could not play the prerelease. Partially I have a delay of 5-8 seconds. But the main thing is to aggressively advertise and then assume no server capacity. Simply sad… the support can be reached only with difficulty.

1 Like

Same here unplayable at the moment.

I’ve been sufferring with a rubber banding of about a half a second back every five seconds on PS5.

It’s very annoying. My internet is very fast, and none of my other games have this issue. I think blizzard once again underestimated how much server bandwidth they need to launch a AAA title like diablo 4.

It’s wierd thougj because my bother on PC doesnt get the rubber banding when we play together. Perhaps the issue is PS5 related, somehow to the playstation network?

2 Likes

I’m sure this is true, however there seems to also be a very specific PS5 issue. I’ve been playing perfectly fine on my PC since EA launch. Wanted to play on PS5 for coop and it’s literally unplayable with rubber-banding every 4-5 seconds. No difference in internet connection between the two.

Like I said, I’m sure there are issues with PC for some people as well, but it’s very clear there is an issue that is particularly affecting PS5 players.

2 Likes

Yes there are rubber band issues but “unplayable”? Thats a massive over reaction.

Have you considered the possibility that your rubber banding isn’t as bad as other peoples. People tend to experience things differently. Pretty ignorant comment. My rubber banding is at times so bad that when I face a boss I have to tank every hit, thankfully I’m playing a thorns barbarian and getting hit is somewhat advantageous.

2 Likes

Ignorant? Not really no.
Its rubber banding yes you may die alot and yes it may be very annoying but the game can and is by alot of people still played. So yes it is imo over reacting to say its unplayable.

yes, incredibly ignorant, in fact I’m starting to think it might be stupidity. You don’t seem to grasp that the magnitude of rubber banding varies from one person to another. Your level of rubber banding may simply mar the experience and another persons rubber banding will ruin it. I can’t simplify this any further you either get it or you don’t.

2 Likes

It happens to me on the PC as well. There are also times after moving to different area my character seems to run into an invisible wall. I never had this much trouble on the betas. Sometimes for me, the game ends up just closing on me and I lose my Elixir and any progress in a dungeon. This has happened to me like 3 times in a dungeon. I wish it would save an instance for you if you get disconnected for like 30 mins so you can login and start where you were. Earlier it froze and closed and I just got so fed up I quit playing.

1 Like

It’s literally every five seconds on my PS5, but never on my PC. Same internet connection.

It is unplayable on PS5 for some of us for whatever reason, and if it was just a few people it would suggest that it’s on the users end. There are too many to assume that is the case.

1 Like

You are right. For me it is constant and like i said very annoying because it takes me an hour to do what others can do in 10 or 15 mins, sometimes i cant even leave a toen because i keep shooting back there or hit a hidden wall but i stand by what i said earlier that the word unplayable is an over reaction. No matter how bad rubber banding is the game can still be played even if you run on the spot for 20 mins or die 100 times in 5 mins you are still playing the game albeit badly due to the issue’s. All im saying is unplayable isnt the word to be used - you can log in you can see your character, you can equip and unequip gear, you can run around (sort of) and you can fight (soft of) therefore you are playing the game. So not stupidity just realistic

Clearly there is no point in trying to explain something you can’t grasp. Some people can’t even do the things you just listed. You seem to be assuming that there is a one size fits all experience to the lag and that just isn’t the case. I’m done trying to explain this to you, as it’s clearly incomprehensible to you for peoples experiences with lag to differ wildly. Good day sir.

3 Likes

You too buddy you too